[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Haha, yeah, that's about right.
Did you notice that in this DARK FUTURRREEE no one really betrays V? Oh, well, Dex is one, but except him, everybody else is pretty decent. From love interest (River, Judy, Panam, Kerry) to fixers (they could sell you so easily if they wanted to) to the people, you work with. Even voodoo boys keep their word. No one really tries to go behind your back much like Maiko (who technically betrayed Judy, not you) or actually has any secret agendas.

That's what makes the story good! The characters are so cute and likeable! :ohstopit: (Nothing else.)

i would like dlc about trauma team
or johhny corporate wars

My wishlist (not an expectation at this point, at this point I have none), would be something that really drags you to hell and back.
What if River is actually the serial killer and you learned about it after you entered the relationship with him?
What if Kerry doesn't really want to be with you but with Johnny and you're just a tool to get to him?
What if Panam is simply using you just to get her family up and running and then tries to sell you to Biotechnicato save Soul?

Guys, take my money!!!

Especially corpowars with J and then the River one. Maybe he can't be a serial killer after his quest, but he could be some perv for sure.

Plus it could influence a decision for one love option in a scenario where you can only save 1 out of the 2. When you know that for example Panam/River might stab you in the back later on and Judy/Kerry won´t.

DLC: River marries you and makes you stir jambalaya for the whole DLC.

That's actually a horror story. I would prefer the guitar hero one.

I'm not a big fan of corpo wars DLC even if that would actually give the writers some real drama to write about. I'm just sick of Johnny Silverhand at this point. If they push more slutty Keanu on me I won't be up for it for sure.
The trauma team one has a very nice ring to it but only if it won't be just a chain quest - go here, rescue this person, call them, rescue another one, talk to them, fly to X, then drive to Y, and btw you are still dying.

That's actually a horror story. I would prefer the guitar hero one.

I'm not a big fan of corpo wars DLC even if that would actually give the writers some real drama to write about. I'm just sick of Johnny Silverhand at this point. If they push more slutty Keanu on me I won't be up for it for sure.
The trauma team one has a very nice ring to it but only if it won't be just a chain quest - go here, rescue this person, call them, rescue another one, talk to them, fly to X, then drive to Y, and btw you are still dying.

Trauma Team: this.

If they make an expansion/game with another character with a good main story... I would love to do some quests as Trauma Team and Max Tac member. And turn those NCPD shooter missions to investigations, loved the Peralez quest.

Last edited:
If they make an expansion/game with another character with a good main story... I would love to do some quests as Trauma Team and Max Tac member. And turn those NCPD shooter missions to investigations, loved the Peralez quest.

Careful what you wish for. There are already Trauma Team Comics out.
And I won't spoiler anything, but reading the synopsis that story felt VERY familiar (a certain, fantastic, 2012 Movie set in an arguably cyberpunk setting). With their track record right now, they'll probably just recycle that one too and try to sell it as gold.

My Priority stays unchanged though.

1st DLC to fix Vs plot cancer
Every other DLC: Whatever that's not about Silverhand

Last edited:
I'm more interested in the whole MBE/Peralez/Rogue AI conspiracy than a spinoff, especially if it finally gives some insight into cyberspace, "living" as bodyless engrams and Alt's ultimate goal. Assuming she has one.

Plus, the Sun ending makes it seem like an eventual cure/new body for V is strongly linked to the AI storyline. Two birds with one stone.

Plus, the Sun ending makes it seem like an eventual cure/new body for V is strongly linked to the AI storyline. Two birds with one stone.

There's also the tidbit of info in the Arasaka ending about The Ship of Theseus which would be thematically accurate with your speculation, at the end of it is V still the same V after the engram swap and body swap.

Curious.

You know, after some thinking, I completely realized that involvement of Keanu fucked this game beyond recognition. I'm not blaming Keanu though, I am blaming someone in CDPR upper sitting position, let it be Marketing or from the Dev standpoint.
There was absolutely no point to put him into the game. People who were already interested in the game didn't really give a single ounce of square root of jack shit about his introduction. I strongly believe he was put in to attract a lot more people who don't do gaming almost at all, attract more regular people. I mean, it kind of worked, 13 million copies sold but at the price of a good name.

I feel if the main director would not have been fired at 2016, we would have gotten much better game. Or at least Keanu wasn't shoved in we would have gotten at least a stable game.

Another thing, I kept hearing of dlc being about Jackie, but that is what I'm hearing so far right now.

As for extention in the story, that is highly doubtful when you think about it. The story is kind of left there where it is. It is just gonna be some side DLC's. That let's you do something in the act2 or before act 2. There isn't high enough of a cryout of continuation for V's story sadly.

Then again, maybe when the bugs, I mean if the bugs will be fixed ever, maybe people will realise that the game is quite shallow after all.

As for extention in the story, that is highly doubtful when you think about it. The story is kind of left there where it is. It is just gonna be some side DLC's. That let's you do something in the act2 or before act 2. There isn't high enough of a cryout of continuation for V's story sadly.

I think they will go that way anyway no matter how much people want some closure.
Jackie's DLC seems pointless. Your V is a powerful character, you already spent 100 hours collecting all the junk and stuff just to start it at the beginning where you have literally nothing, know nothing, and know no one. It's like literally asking people to pay to play this game again.
They will squeeze some trauma team or MaxTec in act 2 or act 3 with more Keanu babbling about his huge cock in the background and V coughing blood but running from point A to point B. Perhaps an extra scene with your love interest (since most of the players complain about it), so a date with Kerry or more jambalaya with River and that's it. They did exactly the same with the Witcher 3. Geralt on a mission to save Ciri was delegated to fight vampires and some other stuff like the main plot didn't matter. One can hope that they learned from this mistake, but I think they will follow the plan and copy-paste the solutions. The continuation (if there will be one) is probably a fan art territory or the second game.
UNLESSS Cdpr will try to mingle with a fan service and make unhappy people happy. They could use some boost from the community so who knows? Say what you want but Cdpr was listening to people (in the past) and twisted the logic to reunite Geralt with old characters like Shani.
When it comes to outcry.. well I haven't seen a lot of people giving a rat's ass about V. NPCs? Sure. Takamura even? Oh, tons. But V as a character? No, not really.
Time will tell. A lot of time though. More like 2022 or even 2023 if this game will be still alive. Perhaps one day CP2077 will feel complete story-wise or dissected even more.
Post automatically merged:

Then again, maybe when the bugs, I mean if the bugs will be fixed ever, maybe people will realise that the game is quite shallow after all.
That's the problem, isn't it? Most people focus on the technical problems and I don't really see solid discussions about the story except "It's good" or "some side missions are brilliant" or "I like some of the NPCs" which you can say about almost every average, competent game if you really try. The reviewers, podcasters, or simply players who really dive into the story don't really find it particularly impressive or well-written.

Original or not, the story was really well executed until the end of Act 1. The heist quest up to the relic revelation was brilliant (and I didn't expect Saburo's murder at all). Then it got progressively worse.

Some individual quests were great on their own (Chippin In, Automatic Love, the parade) but the tension never rose again as much as in the heist and everything was completely predictable (outside of the 6 months limit, I'll give you that).
All the side quests and gigs disrupting the pace didn't help either.

Original or not, the story was really well executed until the end of Act 1. The heist quest up to the relic revelation was brilliant (and I didn't expect Saburo's murder at all). Then it got progressively worse.

That's true. It's an entirely different game until Keanu appears. More choices, less bullshit. Even Regina calling me every 5 minutes wasn't as annoying. The first two hours promise a lot, unfortunately, this promise falls flat shortly after. I was feeling that V was going somewhere and was interested in the story (not invested yet though). BUT (there has to be "but" of course) with one exception - the life path missions at the beginning. They are too short, don't really explain the background very well and the persona that V was/wants to be.

everyone will jump on cure train no matter what
Whoever is left, sure. A lot already ditched the game and get back to AC: Valhalla or whatever else is on now. That's what plot cancer does to people :)

keanu was good
don't blame him
i am ready to forgive all this game for him and panam

Good or not, I felt that he stole the stage from V and for me, he was very annoying. I wasn't interested in neither his past nor redemption and I just wanted him out. I was more interested in the dark side of Night City and I really enjoyed Evelyn / Judy's questline. Unfortunately for me, it ended quickly.

Good or not, I felt that he stole the stage from V and for me, he was very annoying. I wasn't interested in neither his past nor redemption and I just wanted him out. I was more interested in the dark side of Night City and I really enjoyed Evelyn / Judy's questline. Unfortunately for me, it ended quickly.

Man, I feel the same way. The most fun I had in Act 1. That one felt just right. But once the parasite popped up I couldn't wait for him to shut up again.

My question is why did Takemura kill Dexter Deshawn? Was he ordered to do so by Yorinobu?

Act 1 is good but after act 1 everything kind of went to shit. It ended up becoming a wild goose chase.

Top Bottom