Game Difficulty - will Cyberpunk ever be made remotely challenging?

+
So at around lvl 20-25 I'm doing like ridiculous amount of dmg. I can one shot every enemy with sniper/Buria or 2-3 shot with machinegun.
At lvl 50 the games is easier than journalist mode. There is absolutely no balance anywhere.
Enemies have like 12k life and this is how much I do with one shot to the head without min/max skills (didn't touch Cool skill tree).

800k dmg1.jpg

On a side note I have 4650 defense and it does absolutely nothing. Still 1-3 shots and I'm dead to low threat enemies.

Last edited:
I hope so, they need to make the AI have a way to detect you faster when you hack them or when you infiltrate the security system.

And I agree with the damage, it becomes silly (I was using a silenced Legendary Overture and it was ridiculous).

The only challenge I'm finding at the moment is going full melee with some quick-hacks, even if the katana damage is just as superfluous as the rest, the chance of being one shot if I don't dodge correctly or block (yeah I blocked bullets) at the right time makes it fun.

And also a full stealth build, no hacks or anything, just pure infiltration (and possible takedowns when necessary) it's also challenging enough to make it fun for me.

This game needs a survival mode desperately, limited loot, having to eat and drink, having to sleep, clothes don't give protection, one shot from headshots (both you and enemies if no one is wearing protective head gear) etc.

At lvl 25+ there is nothing I can use that doesn't kill with 1 shot. I would have to reset every skill and remove every dmg related cyberware.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
that's cause stats don't work like they should and clothing mods too, crit rate also affects damage, tested this out extensively have a look if you wanna, but even if everything worked correctly we'd still do way to much dmg, not over 20mill dmg but still way too much. I'm also making a guide for a char that should be as OP as possible even once they fix perks and stuff, cause I can't help but min max chars in rpg's..it's their fault for not balancing the game properly.

I hope so, they need to make the AI have a way to detect you faster when you hack them or when you infiltrate the security system.

And I agree with the damage, it becomes silly (I was using a silenced Legendary Overture and it was ridiculous).

The only challenge I'm finding at the moment is going full melee with some quick-hacks, even if the katana damge is just as superfluous as the rest, the chance of being one shot if I don't dodge correctly or block (yeah I blocked bullets) at the right time makes it fun.

And also a full stealth build, no hacks or anything, just pure infiltration (and possible takedowns when necessary) it's also challenging enough to make it fun for me.

This game desperately needs a survival mode desperately, limited loot, having to eat and drink, having to sleep, clothes don't give protection etc.

Sometimes I wonder if there is someone that completed the game without using even one skill/cyberware to make a point how bad the issue is.

Yup AI is crap. And somehow enemy netrunners can't use almost any hacks. Never had I be blinded or had my weapon disabled. All they do is making me a little hot.

I see you went even further with this. All I hope is some balance so using skills/cyberware is actually meaningful. But I agree survival mechs would be a nice addition.

The amount of loot in this game is over the top. Looting takes much more time than fighting. We rly need one button to loot it all from certain range.

Nothing to say about stealth I went the more direct route first time. Problem is I don't see any reason to play again until they made life paths meaningful, fix the game and flesh out broken mechanics.
Post automatically merged:

that's cause stats don't work like they should and clothing mods too, crit rate also affects damage, tested this out extensively have a look if you wanna, but even if everything worked correctly we'd still do way to much dmg, not over 20mill dmg but still way too much. I'm also making a guide for a char that should be as OP as possible even once they fix perks and stuff, cause I can't help but min max chars in rpg's..it's their fault for not balancing the game properly.

Well RPG are all about having fun with min/maxing skills aren't they? Doing multiple runs with different set of skills. That's why its so frustrating here.

Sometimes I wonder if there is someone that completed the game without using even one skill/cyberware to make a point how bad the issue is.

Yup AI is crap. And somehow enemy netrunners can't use almost any hacks. Never had I be blinded or had my weapon disabled. All they do is making me a little hot.

I see you went even further with this. All I hope is some balance so using skills/cyberware is actually meaningful. But I agree survival mechs would be a nice addition.

The amount of loot in this game is over the top. Looting takes much more time than fighting. We rly need one button to loot it all from certain range.

Nothing to say about stealth I went the more direct route first time. Problem is I don't see any reason to play again until they made life paths meaningful, fix the game and flesh out broken mechanics.
Post automatically merged:

Well RPG are all about having fun with min/maxing skills aren't they? Doing multiple runs with different set of skills. That's why its so frustrating here.
I think I could prolly finish the game on V hard with no perks, cyberware and only uncommon weapons prolly and ty for the idea, I'ma do it lol.

I think I could prolly finish the game on V hard with no perks, cyberware and only uncommon weapons prolly and ty for the idea, I'ma do it lol.

Don't do it to yourself hahaha

Also I knew if I used Cool skill tree instead of Intelligence I would do much more dmg but it goes into couple of millions hilarious.

I honestly doubt it, you need to level up otherwise everyone around you ends up with a red skull icon and you're cut out from different routes to sneak past them due to skill checks.

You also need points in cool if you plan sneaking past everyone since you get detected in fractions of a second otherwise the harder the gig is.

Also the uncommon weapons might as well just shoot polystyrene balls when you use them vs Red Skulls.

Don't do it to yourself hahaha

Also I knew if I used Cool skill tree instead of Intelligence I would do much more dmg but it goes into couple of millions hilarious.
Might be fun, I mean the first time I played the game I got to lvl 27 or so like that cause I didn't wanna waste perks till I had an idea of how to build my char, shouldn't even be annoying now that I know what I'm doing.

Well, this game is a mess to begin with and it especially shows in the aspect of the utter lack of any semblance of balance. The stats of weapons already almost grow exponentially according to level. Add to that the exponential damage-explosion due to the interaction of several perks, mods and weapon effects and you get such a ridiculous result. The most challenge you get is playing on very hard since - apparently - your armor stat doesn't matter at all.

So at around lvl 20-25 I'm doing like ridiculous amount of dmg. I can one shot every enemy with sniper/Buria or 2-3 shot with machinegun.
At lvl 50 the games is easier than journalist mode. There is absolutely no balance anywhere.
Enemies have like 12k life and this is how much I do with one shot to the head without min/max skills (didn't touch Cool skill tree).

As long as it does not become unrealistic, i.e. Blowing someones head off with a Rifle and the Enemy still lives.

Well, this game is a mess to begin with and it especially shows in the aspect of the utter lack of any semblance of balance. The stats of weapons already almost grow exponentially according to level. Add to that the exponential damage-explosion due to the interaction of several perks, mods and weapon effects and you get such a ridiculous result. The most challenge you get is playing on very hard since - apparently - your armor stat doesn't matter at all.
Still matters, u get almost invincible there too except for a few thougher enemies

Half of the perks that actually work don't even matter because everything dies so easily. Like seriously, what's the point of DoTs or added damage per hit when nothing survives the first hit?

There was a video somewhere on this forum with someone doing hardest mission, which plot wise supposed to be suicidal without any perks and with green weapons only.
CDPR need to rename their difficulties to newborn baby mode, grandma mode, dont have keyboard mode, and very easy mode.

I can see the shitstorm if V kills Panam or Judy in a quest because some enemy netrunner used cyberpsychosis on V.

I can see the shitstorm if V kills Panam or Judy in a quest because some enemy netrunner used cyberpsychosis on V.

Well if there was some cool minigame involved where you try to defend against the hack it would be great. And if you fail yup bye bye Panam/Judy.
Or they could hack your follower and you have to deal with it for the 60 seconds or so until it expires without killing them.

Meaning hacking is insanely dumbed down and if you would want to take the hacker route you would die of boredom in this game.

I honestly doubt it, you need to level up otherwise everyone around you ends up with a red skull icon and you're cut out from different routes to sneak past them due to skill checks.

You also need points in cool if you plan sneaking past everyone since you get detected in fractions of a second otherwise the harder the gig is.

Also the uncommon weapons might as well just shoot polystyrene balls when you use them vs Red Skulls.
I would still put points in attributes and level up, just no perks or cyberware, might have to use the kiroshi optics for obvious reasons but I'll get the common ones. I'm only worried about fighting Oda a bit but I'll prolly cycle through elemental dmg weapons to do it, uncommon ones of course, I'll manage somehow :D

There was a video somewhere on this forum with someone doing hardest mission, which plot wise supposed to be suicidal without any perks and with green weapons only.
CDPR need to rename their difficulties to newborn baby mode, grandma mode, dont have keyboard mode, and very easy mode.

Did he have any problem with this so called suicidal mission?

I beat the game with using zero Cyberwares. With exception to some forced tech for the special doors. And mission requirements. My character build was solely focused on strength. I didn't even craft or ugprade gear. I just switched to the better gear the game gave me. I never used Armadillo mods. I stuck with basically everything stock. The game got easy at the same point. I only ever used the perks in the body section. I only threw in other perks. Once I did all the perks in body. Didn't even hack cameras. I just shot them with silencers.

Top Bottom