DO YOU WISH BOSS FIGHTS MUCH HARDER & DEADLIER? (ALSO INCLUDES CYBERPYSCHOS)

+

Do you wish BOSS FIGHTS MUCH HARDER & DEADLIER? (ALSO INCLUDES CYBERPYSCHOS)

• Yes

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Yes, even on VERY HARD difficulty

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • No, I can't handle them normally even on EASY

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Others (post on the thread)

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
For further info, the list are:
1. Royce
2. Arasaka Mech
3. Woodman (possible encounter 1)
4. Sasquatch
5. Woodman (possible encounter 2)
6. Akira
7. Placide
8. Sandayu Oda (Cyber Ninja)
9. Adam Smasher

The Cyberpsychos fight list are:
1. L.T. Mower - Lieutenant Mower
2. Second Chances - Zion Wylde
3. The Wasteland - Euralio Alma
4. House on a Hill - Russel Greene
5. Discount Doc - Chase Coley
6. Where the Bodies Hit the Floor - Ellis Carter
7. Six Feet Under - Lely Hein
8. Demons of War - Matt Liaw
9. Ticket to the Major Leagues - Alec Johnson
10. Phantom of the Night City - Norio Akuhara
11. On Deaf Ears - Cedric Muller
12. Letter of the Law - Gaston Phillips
13. Seaside Cafe - Dao Hyunh
14. Under the Bridge - Tamara Cosby
15. Smoke on the Water - Diego Ramirez
16. Lex Talionis - Ben Debaillon
17. Bloody Ritual - Zaria Hughes

ALSO, DO TELL the reasons of your choosing on the thread if you want to.
Thanks.

Its a tricky one this is... If someone isn't spec-optimized fights can be very difficult and long on any setting of "normal" or higher currently; same goes for if you push thru the game at a low level. Then if you couple "very hard" with being very low level; encounters are extremely deadly or can be down right impossible.

The issue is that the players levels/perks outpace the and strip-away most of the difficulty of the game; add in that with the right weapon or quickhack/deamons you can attack without any chance of the AI fighting back - the game gets really easy above **enter level here** (depending on playstyle of course).

So in general I agree things (specially boss fights) should be much more difficult - but it's not as straight forward as that. The entire skill structure and AI need an overhaul. In my opinion of course.

DC9V

Forum veteran
So far I've only encountered Royce and the Arasaka Mech.
to fight Royce. Always went for the dialogue option.

I voted No
but I wouldn't mind if they were more difficult.

Playing on very hard difficulty.

Last edited:
Actually In my first few playthroughs i always killed Royce with the dialoge option wich sadly always kills Stout aswell. Then in a more recent playthrough i let the dialoge with Royce slide without any action so that the malware from the credstick worked wich leaded to the conseequence that i had to fight Royce at the end to leave the AllFoodFactory.

I found the fight vs Royce at that point much harder than any other bossfight there after. At first i did not have the slightest chance. I had to squeeze the last bit of exp and equipment out of Watson to make my V strong enough for this.

So no, bossfights should not be harder.

I voted no, but it's kind of iffy here. Right now, there is very little ways to optimize your character, and to a lot of people not looking like a murder hobo and driving the cool car is more important than spending money and wasting time on going around trying to find that one legendary mod for RNGesus. Lets be honest, most gamers are casuals, and only certain people like the super punishing game styles. But the super punishers tend to be a lot more vocal then the casuals.

So on easy and normal no I think they're fine as is.

But on hard (and very hard) they should be much harder then they are right now, but then the whole game should be.

All they need is scaling difficulty enemies at more difficult levels, without that, just making the bosses harder accomplishes nothing.

So it's a no on easy, possibly no on normal, and yes on higher difficulty levels.

Yes. But that requires all the bosses to have customized battles. Instead of modified enemy encounters. The closest you got to this was Sasquatch having her weak point on her back. And her attempt to system hack. Each boss needs something like that. Just like Zelda boss fights. Each one requires certain items to beat their attack pattern. Like say one boss fight needs you to collaspe the room on them. To actually kill them. You need to trick them to shoot the support beams out.

we need only one boss fight in term of story, Smasher, the others arent boss fight, and are totally optional, the cyberpsyco are quests, easly finished, i dont need a Doom like boss

For story, I believe there are 3 Boss fights that are very unavoidable no matter what: Akira, Oda, & Adam Smasher.
I do think this particular boss fights should be much harder regardless of difficulty, especially for full borg character like Adam Smasher.
Post automatically merged:

I believe he means that it's useless to make them harder as in, it's not important.

On topic - Yes, very much so. Even on very hard those battles are far too easy. Like the rest of the game.

Yeah, the open world stuffs are indeed easy, most of open world games are like that. I think the real challenges for the RPG character builds should be in the boss fights, if that make sense.

Its a tricky one this is... If someone isn't spec-optimized fights can be very difficult and long on any setting of "normal" or higher currently; same goes for if you push thru the game at a low level. Then if you couple "very hard" with being very low level; encounters are extremely deadly or can be down right impossible.

The issue is that the players levels/perks outpace the and strip-away most of the difficulty of the game; add in that with the right weapon or quickhack/deamons you can attack without any chance of the AI fighting back - the game gets really easy above **enter level here** (depending on playstyle of course).

So in general I agree things (specially boss fights) should be much more difficult - but it's not as straight forward as that. The entire skill structure and AI need an overhaul. In my opinion of course.

Yeah, V in level 40 - 50 will definitely obliterated everything in the game so fast & ease on very hard mode. Even the supposed "suicide run" secret ending feels like a breeze waves of common enemies.

Unfortunately, the Souls series have spoiled me in the Boss department so much that it would be impossible for CDPR to deliver, but i 've voted Yes, even on very hard.

Yes. But that requires all the bosses to have customized battles. Instead of modified enemy encounters. The closest you got to this was Sasquatch having her weak point on her back. And her attempt to system hack. Each boss needs something like that. Just like Zelda boss fights. Each one requires certain items to beat their attack pattern. Like say one boss fight needs you to collaspe the room on them. To actually kill them. You need to trick them to shoot the support beams out.

I believe Royce & Adam Smasher also have their own weak spot elements & generally you do more damage on head part. as for certain items to beat boss attack pattern, you mean something like different elemental damage or player have to hack something that will weaken or stop boss attacks?? something like that?
Post automatically merged:

all of them are really weak except oda
need more difficulty without adding hp

So, maybe making their attacks to be much faster & deadlier or some other moves that difficult to avoid/counter??

you mean something like different elemental damage or player have to hack something that will weaken or stop boss attacks?? something like that?
Yes. It would force people to have certain builds for this boss fight. But I'd leave item pickups in the levels for this. So you could switch to them. I'd also add in environmental things to help in missions. Say one of the boss fights is changed to outside. Johnny could offer a suggestion. Take out that hover car! It crashes into the arena. And does a chunk of damage.

Top Bottom