Draw distance of lights absolutely awful since patch 1.10 - help please

+
Hey guys,

playing on an i7 7700k and an RTX 3090 with 16 GB RAM. The game is installed on a NVMe-SSD
With version 1.06 my game ran fine in 1440p, everything maxed out. Mostly areound 60 FPS and the draw distance was acceptable.

Since patch 1.10 the draw distance is so awful it gets me in a bad mood playing the game. The worst thing are lamps and illuminated billboards. The lights seem to turn on when I get close, it really destroys the immersion... Plus, the performance is worse for me than before the patch, just a sidenote.

Does anyone have any tips for the draw distance? I already tried the draw distance mod from Nexusmods but that doesnt help with the lights. It only seems to affect certain objects.

Last edited:
Same issue here, street light are very bad now. Dissappointing. No constant light, instead flashing squares appears near the "bulbs" appears and disappears continously.

I have the impression that with these patches they are sacrificing pc players to improve the game on the old consoles and return to the play store because each patch they release is lowering the quality of the game ...

Thank you! I feel like no one notices that. At least give a slifer for it in the graphicval oprtions or something. It was so beautiful before.

I love the game. I was willing to see over all the bugs and imperfections, trusting in their ability to fix it... But seeing them decreasing the quality after release hurts me, I must admit.
Post automatically merged:

I have the impression that with these patches they are sacrificing pc players to improve the game on the old consoles and return to the play store because each patch they release is lowering the quality of the game ...

Well. they can do that but there is no reason to take away from the PC. The could patch the versions apart from each other.

as in old consoles the game does not move well, the patches that are common for old consoles and for PC have mainly quality downgrades to return to play store ... the game looks worse and worse, patch 1.6 was better for pc than patch 1.1

Same thing for me. It made me take a break from a game atleast till next patch. Pretty sure they will fix it, atleast for pc players.

as in old consoles the game does not move well, the patches that are common for old consoles and for PC have mainly quality downgrades to return to play store ... the game looks worse and worse, patch 1.6 was better for pc than patch 1.1

Yes, I would gratefully roll back to 1.06... The fact that this is true is pretty sad, actually...

Same thing for me. It made me take a break from a game atleast till next patch. Pretty sure they will fix it, atleast for pc players.

I did the same thing... I just cant enjoy it with the abrasive light-pop-in... I too hope for a patch or a good mod. The existing Draw-distance-Boost-Mod only seems to increase the draw distance for objects but not light sources for me.

patch for consoles and separately patch for pc, on pc is where the game can be seen to the fullest ... I think that what the game needs the most is to make it stable on old consoles and to give the finished job with cyberpunk 2077 on old generation consoles .

From that moment, what they should do is enhance the game for pc and new consoles by first fixing the Red engine, improving it and being able to include all the cut content and that we are asking the players so that cyberpunk 2077 is what it can be, one of the best games made so far.

The game is not optimized for PC, it has very strong fps drops, it needs a lot of work ahead of it, but since they don't have time and want to go back to the play store they are lowering the quality of the game with common patches for PC and old consoles ... We have to wait at least 6 months to see happy news ...

patch for consoles and separately patch for pc, on pc is where the game can be seen to the fullest ... I think that what the game needs the most is to make it stable on old consoles and to give the finished job with cyberpunk 2077 on old generation consoles .

From that moment, what they should do is enhance the game for pc and new consoles by first fixing the Red engine, improving it and being able to include all the cut content and that we are asking the players so that cyberpunk 2077 is what it can be, one of the best games made so far.

The game is not optimized for PC, it has very strong fps drops, it needs a lot of work ahead of it, but since they don't have time and want to go back to the play store they are lowering the quality of the game with common patches for PC and old consoles ... We have to wait at least 6 months to see happy news ...

Well, I just hope they dont abandon it in 6 months....

Edit: After all the backlash there might be a chance they dont stick to all the dlc plan, I mean. They could release a couple, fix the game to the point it is mostly ok, release the version for the new consoles, patch that a little afterwards and be done with it...

Well, I just hope they dont abandon it in 6 months....

Edit: After all the backlash there might be a chance they dont stick to all the dlc plan, I mean. They could release a couple, fix the game to the point it is mostly ok, release the version for the new consoles, patch that a little afterwards and be done with it...
Surely not, because it would be the grave for CDPR, Cyberpunk 2077 is their litmus test of whether they are capable of solving the big problem they have or are a failure developing games ... Having a single good game on the market (The Witcher 3) is no guarantee of nothing

Surely not, because it would be the grave for CDPR, Cyberpunk 2077 is their litmus test of whether they are capable of solving the big problem they have or are a failure developing games ... Having a single good game on the market is no guarantee of nothing

Well, technically speaking all three witcher games where pretty awesome and even the Gwent-RPG was very good. So thats 4 games so far :p

Surely not, because it would be the grave for CDPR, Cyberpunk 2077 is their litmus test of whether they are capable of solving the big problem they have or are a failure developing games ... Having a single good game on the market (The Witcher 3) is no guarantee of nothing
only thing that concerns me that cofounder saying "they are happy with the pc vers(compared to old gen consoles)" I truly hope they will improve the pc vers as well as the old gen console vers.

Here there has been a terrible management by the managers, great developers have come out of the study, it has been launched under pressure with the shareholders knowing that they were going to crash and if now they leave the game and the 13,000,000 players who have bought it and that they are waiting for a game that lives up to what it was declared to be and what it is not .... CDPR can be considered liquidated ... I have only bought Cyberpunk 2077 and it seems impressive for what it is but Especially for what it may be, because it has brutal deficiencies and if they leave us and ignore us they can be sure that I will not buy any more games from this company because it is an insult to the players that we are waiting for them to know how to solve ... .and in that we are in the patience to wait for good news ...

If this game is held back by the old consoles of 7 years ago ... it would be an insult ... for the old consoles there should be a limited cyberpunk 2077 and for new consoles and pc we must see cyberpunk 2077 to the fullest and with all the mechanics that you still need

only thing that concerns me that cofounder saying "they are happy with the pc vers(compared to old gen consoles)" I truly hope they will improve the pc vers as well as the old gen console vers.
The pc version is full of bugs and poorly optimized. And it needs a deep development for the city to feel alive, because now it is a dead set

Top Bottom