What happened with Takemura?

+
possible, but not necessarily true.

johnny still "seem" to have his soul and he was soul killed not long after cunningham. it may be that the computing power increase in the last 50 years has made the simulation much more realistic and does not require the horsepower of a human brain to run that level of simulation.

in the end, we come to a philosophical discussion as to what IS the soul. can a highly sophistic AI such as alphaGo emulate a human brain? what about a human soul? if not today, what about another 56 years of deep learning? will google 2077 have an AI complex enough to emulate the human soul? will they change the name to skynet at some point when elon musk finish his starlink? :D you building that off grid bunker yet? :D
True. Who knows, saburo 2.0 may go bat shit crazy we just didn't talk to him enough to know... Maybe he wouldn't have even taken his son's body but his crazy engram decided it wanted to. Never know!

True. Who knows, saburo 2.0 may go bat shit crazy we just didn't talk to him enough to know... Maybe he wouldn't have even taken his son's body but his crazy engram decided it wanted to. Never know!

not saying there hasn't been improvements in the last 50 years for soul killer. after all, i wouldnt be surprised if saburo had a weekly backup of his engram like in the movie the 6th day. it would be obvious that soul killer wouldn't kill the soul in that case since saburo would still be alive after the "backup".

that's why i said there was no "soul" involved in the simulation of saburo since he would have still been alive after the backup of his engram. yorinobu understood this. that's why he said that everyone is scared of a dead man speaking from a box. granted that box is a simulation of the mind of the dead man, but the man is dead never the less.

so after saburo's implantation into yorinobu, you can technically say that he is a "soulless" brain operating system running on wetware instead of hardware. or a "soft android" that is almost fully prosthetic :D not even sure if he qualifies the term cyborg at this point since he's brain does not contain the "soul" of the person residing there.

like i said, it's a deep rabbit hole that goes down a discussion of what is the soul.

A prosthetic arm is not a soul and Takemura is not a samurai.

1. It doesn't matter, still a replacement, but different part of your body...
2. Takemura tries to be a samurai
3. Knowing better from the history/culture will do you know harm, only help you to understand the game better...

1. It doesn't matter, still a replacement, but different part of your body...
2. Takemura tries to be a samurai
3. Knowing better from the history/culture will do you know harm, only help you to understand the game better...
Uhhh I know history, Takemura is into samurai and bushido but he literally says "I am not a samurai"

After the Heist, Yorinobu tells Takemura that he wants to punish his father's killers, and sends him to track down V and Jackie and anyone else who may have been involved. In reality, Yorinobu wants to kill everyone who witnessed Saburo's death or could cast doubt on how Saburo died, including Takemura.

So Takemura tracks down Dex and forces him to take him to V's body. Then he kills Dex and prepares to take V back to Arasaka. At this point Takemura still thinks V murdered Saburo, so he treats her with contempt, manhandling her roughly into the car, insulting her, slapping her around, etc. That's the last thing V sees before blacking out.

When V wakes up in the car, they are speeding down the highway under attack by an elite Arasaka hit squad, and Takemura is badly wounded and shaking V awake.

Takemura now realizes that Yorinobu sent the hit squad to kill both him and V, and that Yorinobu must be the real murderer. So he allies with V to expose Yorinobu and avenge Saburo.

Last edited:
Uhhh I know history, Takemura is into samurai and bushido but he literally says "I am not a samurai"

1. He tries to be a samurai, and being samurai is a great honor to him, that's why he tries to imitate samurai, that's pretty obvious...
2. If you really understand Japanese culture and history, you probably won't think being a ronin is "free"....
3. Not only people in 2077 use different tech to gain more power/ability, but also rich people use it to gain more lifespan, like Saburo is over 150yrs old but still looks like in his 70/80, Rogue is over 80yrs old but looks like in her 40, it's not cheating, just new technologies....

I was really confused about that, like what exactly happened with Takemura after our unsuccessful infiltration of Konpeki Plaza? He mentioned to us after that he is now on the run and his implants are deactivated but how and why did that happen? Like, when he confront us on a dump, he still contacts Yorinobu about us, saying he found the killer of his father. So that means he is still working for Yorinobu but later for some reason decided to turn against him? And why didn't Yorinobu just kill Takemura instead of sending him off with deactivated implants (if that's what happened) if he didn't trust him?
When Takemura told Yorinobu that he'd found his father's killer, Yorinobu realized Takemura had found the only living witness to him murdering his father. Thus, he had to eliminate Takemura to prevent the truth from coming out (even though everyone already knew and just didn't give much of a fuck, but I digress). Being the CEO of Arasaka, Yorinobu can disable any employee's corporate-provided implants at his discretion, which is exactly what he did to Takemura to make him less dangerous to the assassins sent to kill him.

Of course, Takemura survived the assassins and then went underground, making it considerably more difficult for Yorinobu to find and deal with him... that is, until he kidnapped Hanako.

As for why Yorinobu didn't just have Takemura killed right from the start, my guess is that it would've appeared too suspicious. After all, Takemura was personally vetted by Saburo and served him loyally for many years, it wouldn't be very believable that he'd suddenly turned on the man he had sworn to protect with his life. But Takemura finding V didn't give Yorinobu any other choice.

It's pretty obvious Yorinobu's plan was half-baked from the start, he had to make up a lot on the fly because he killed his father in a blind rage instead of orchestrating a proper assassination.
Post automatically merged:

Yes but it looks like Saburo's engram is not just an AI. It seems like it is actually him. So I don't know what they discovered since Alt was soul killed but I seems like Saburo did not lose his soul.
It's not him, it's just a very complex computer algorithm simulating him. Engrams/constructs are not alive or even conscious, they're just extremely advanced chatbots.

If I take as a source my knowledge acquired in Japan during my higher studies, especially having been brought up by a very strict Japanese family in terms of discipline, as the old times;
the fact that a Samurai has lost his Lord is always misjudged. furthermore; the felony of Yorinobu Arasaka. even more serious; a very serious family affair, much more serious than the Westerner might think.
Takemura, whatever the reason, is doomed, from the death by assassination of his Lord. He tried to make amends; poor Takemura, like the male bee after having fecundate the queen Bee, is condemned twice;
the fact that it has become a serious problem,
the fact that under his responsibility the Emperor lost his life while in his service as vassal.

Takemura must be deleted, he is more than a problem, a blemish in Yorinobu Arasaka's plans.

Top Bottom