Smart Link or Ballistic Coprocessor?

+
I've read what both do, but I don't know which goes best with which weapons.

I'm assuming that the ballistic benefits from automatic fire, so it might be good on assault rifles and submachine guns.

Maybe that means that Smart Link is good for single shot weapons like handguns and sniper rifles.

I don't know what to think about shotguns. They fire lots of pellets, but don't have a lot of range to ricochet.

How do you decide which to use on a build?

You can still use ballistic weapons, just not ricochet shots. However, without smartlink you can't use those weapons at all.

The choice should be obvious, especially since playing around with ricochet shots is completely pointless. In the time it takes to line up such shots you would have already just killed the target several times over.

ricochet is a fun IDEA, but with poor implementation. you can shoot people behind walls with a tech weapon. you can curve bullets around walls with a smart weapon. both of which is far faster and effective then ricochet.

Smart weapons need the link
I think only Skippy doesnt need the implant and you can use it always

smart weapons are kinda meh, skippy is the only useful one..cause it levels with you, so you can save up for better weapons, but they are slower than tech or power weapons on mouse and keyboard, sometimes fire without hitting a target. Ashura is kinda useful at really high range. I still use the smart link just for when I plug in my controller, cause I'm not that good at aiming with it. Ricochet might be useful for weapons that fire fast inside buildings, to basically aoe, but same thing.. its slower than just shooting enemies straight on, got this idea of using it on Breakthrough but I'm not sure how it would work, or if it even does, I mean tooltip says it can do it, so I'll try.

I just complated a Smart Shotgun run. Let me tell you It is devastating. Get the reload Skills in Anihilation and the smart reload skill in Engineering. Throw is Cold Blood and you send hundreds of small enemy seeking projectiles flying threw a room. It gets even deadlier when you get the bonus damage from moving and dismemberment perks.

The other bonus is you can engage enemies at long distances with smart shotguns, were with the other ones you got to be closer due to bullet spread. So you can adapt to different situations.

Axvil

Forum regular
I prefer Johnny's Tat, it speaks volumes of the trust and love we built throughout our adventures!

Smart guns are great, but they have low damage and eat ammo. Sure ammo is everywhere, but smart guns will eat it all up.

Ricochet is good in theory, but it doesn't always work.

Tech guns shoot through armor, through the victim, through the wall, through a tree outside. They shoot through schools.

Ricochets are really pretty useless, so smartlink is the answer. Legendary smartlink increases hit chance and crit chance, and smart weapons can make short work of tough enemies. They are particularly good for boss level enemies, where you have to constantly dodge/jump away from them so aiming is difficult. I took Placide down with a smart shotgun and it was amazing watching all the tracers fly past him then circle back and hit him. He didn't last very long.

Ricochets would be great if the target would get highlighted in some way. As it is, it's really hard to tell where the red line ends or what it intersects with, so you have to spend a lot of time aiming ricochet shots. They can be useful in some situations, but not in a running gunfight.

Having the smart link is so great I'm actually somewhat sad that power weapons' main gimmick is basically just to be the normal weapons of the game. I have a smart submachine gun that has a chance to trigger an EMP when it hits enemies, temporarily stunning everyone in the area, giving me the opportunity to vaguely aim in their direction and hold down left-click to send spiraling bullets whizzing to instantly take down a group of five or less pretty much instantaneously.

Ricochets are really pretty useless, so smartlink is the answer. Legendary smartlink increases hit chance and crit chance, and smart weapons can make short work of tough enemies. They are particularly good for boss level enemies, where you have to constantly dodge/jump away from them so aiming is difficult. I took Placide down with a smart shotgun and it was amazing watching all the tracers fly past him then circle back and hit him. He didn't last very long.

Ricochets would be great if the target would get highlighted in some way. As it is, it's really hard to tell where the red line ends or what it intersects with, so you have to spend a lot of time aiming ricochet shots. They can be useful in some situations, but not in a running gunfight.

Boss enemies are the best part. It was SO GODDAMN AMAZING fighting that dude with the mantis blades with nothing but a Katana, dodging and counter-attacking him.

Game definitely needs more scaled boss fights. There's like 3 enemies in the entire game that don't die in 1 hit.

Boss enemies are the best part. It was SO GODDAMN AMAZING fighting that dude with the mantis blades with nothing but a Katana, dodging and counter-attacking him.
I really can't get into melee combat in first-person games. It just looks silly to me. In third-person games you can see yourself flipping, rolling, etc, but in first person it's too disconnected.

I really can't get into melee combat in first-person games. It just looks silly to me. In third-person games you can see yourself flipping, rolling, etc, but in first person it's too disconnected.

You should give it a shot and experiment with the different special attacks and timing your blocks etc. It's more involved than it seems at first glance, mainly because most enemies just fall over and die instantly.

The trajectory-marker for ricocheting shots into enemies is not only hard to see, but very situational. It's not always you can align a shot to hit enemies behind cover. I used the co-processor because I was mostly using power light machine guns (for no other reason than the Rambo feels) and even with the extra ricochets and bonus rate of fire, you do some small residual damage by luck most of the time. It's a side minor bonus if you want to use power weapons, but as gun play go in this game, tech weapons shooting through 10 walls and smart weapons bending bullets through cover are far superior.

Top Bottom