So they do consider Borderlands' loot farming an exploit in 1.11

+
true

I don't waste skill points and stuff on crafting. I'm more of a solo or a netrunner. No techie here.

Cool story.

Except, they will probably get rid of the save/load exploit and if they end up implementing any sort of multiplayer you'll just get destroyed by people who can craft whatever they want.

People have been save/load scumming in single player games since the dawn of gaming. This is not an exploit.

And what is concerning - their statement shows how messed up their project management must be. When they worry about players using save/load in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME, instead of focusing all their resources on fixing the broken AI, the plot holes, the shitty performance, the awful endings, the lack of meaningful decisions and a thousand other things that were promised in trailers and never delivered.

Cool story.

Except, they will probably get rid of the save/load exploit and if they end up implementing any sort of multiplayer you'll just get destroyed by people who can craft whatever they want.
yeah but my fps aim in a cover based shooter will definitely defeat the timmy no thumbs who just craft. And I do not think multiplayer will ever involve current single player save's and skill trees. They will be different as sp is very unbalanced.

Well, to be honest you don't really need to worry about it if you work on your crafting.
I would agree with this except two things...
1) The amount of crafting recipes is really limited. It's awful how few recipes there are.
2) Crafting is tied too closely to an attribute. Crafting should be completely independent of your attributes with only bonuses coming from the tech tree.

If you put it like this, loading a save after dying is save scumming aswell if you keep loading a save till you survive an encounter.

So to say save scumming is the only reason for saving the game in the first place.
sounds like the final boxing match :p

If you put it like this, loading a save after dying is save scumming aswell if you keep loading a save till you survive an encounter.

So to say save scumming is the only reason for saving the game in the first place.
Well, I count that as using your brain. Why would I go into a place. That I have no idea how difficult the enemy is. Without saving first and getting prepared. Not to mention the countless games that intentionally make shit save points. Just to make the game feel longer/harder. Not to mention breaking their own rules. Because they can't make a fight difficult. EX:

That cyberpycosis that takes place in the desert. The Sniper guy has a trip mine blocking the ladder. The game blocks you from shooting it. At every angle. The guard rails have magic walls. Blocking sniper shots between the railing. Even on the ladder. Where that is normally not a problem. Just so you can't get up to him. If I hadn't saved right before I went into combat range. I would of had to DRIVE back to the spot from the last auto check point. That's shit save and rigged game mechanics in one mission.

They've said these patches will be laying some foundations an i for one will most certainly be interested in there solutions to certain "problems"

I would have zero problem for instance if they had left the save scum "fix" as was if they had simply added something like mod slots for sale from the vendors an a cap on how many a item/rarity could have.

Save scumming aint fun and should be solved so ppl can just play the game but a Legendary with 0 mod slots shouldn't be a thing either without a way to fix it

That is quite the stretch of logic.

I meant save scumming for the purpose to re-roll items, not to restore a game from a save point after a death or even after taking a break.

The latter is for sure is an intended mechanic, using it for item rolls is clearly not an intended mechanic.

That game would be so much better with Borderlands like loot system (I mean whole concept of eq randomization, HUGE weapons roster, effects etc.)

Well, to be honest you don't really need to worry about it if you work on your crafting.
not true.
crafted legendary items are inferior to lootable ones.
lootable legendary has the "possibility" of rolling legendary bonus stats (actually epic can roll this too) such as 50% faster lock on for smart weapons, or 2 rounds per shot for tech weapons, or additional ricochet for power weapons etc... these are game changing bonus stats that completely change the value of a weapon that can NOT be crafted.
unless they add these stats that can only happen on looted weapons into crafted items, then save scumming is the ONLY way to min/max your build.

This was said multiple times. It's a separate game that doesn't have anything to do with CP 2077, it items and mechanics. And game drops or offers in shops items pretty much equal or better to crafting with the exception of legendary clothing which is either from those open world spots or limited quest drops.

That is quite the stretch of logic.

I meant save scumming for the purpose to re-roll items, not to restore a game from a save point after a death or even after taking a break.

The latter is for sure is an intended mechanic, using it for item rolls is clearly not an intended mechanic.

Its rather an accepted exploit without pretty much everybody would be forced to play all games on iron man mode.

Top Bottom