Would you buy it again?

+

Would you purchase CP2077 again if another company was to fix all bugs and make it more "complete"?

• Yes

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
Current state?

Hell to the NO.

That's like saying, "I really enjoyed that half eaten "hamburger" with a moldy bun covered in rat droppings dirt and hair, topped with a rotten tomato and lettuce and some sort of sauce that looks and smells like it was scrapped off the backside of a hippo,. Yes, I want to order another."

Those who have said, "Yes," yeah......you scare me and make CEO of game companies VERY happy to afford a third jet and that tropical island...while they laugh at scamming you.

Current state?

Hell to the NO.

That's like saying, "I really enjoyed that half eaten "hamburger" with a moldy bun covered in rat droppings dirt and hair, topped with a rotten tomato and lettuce and some sort of sauce that looks and smells like it was scrapped off the backside of a hippo,. Yes, I want to order another."

Those who have said, "Yes," yeah......you scare me and make CEO of game companies VERY happy to afford a third jet and that tropical island...while they laugh at scamming you.

People will still blindly buy and pre-order, they will never learn. Sadly.

Nope,.. I would not. I am able to play this just fine thanks and still want more of the game. I am enjoying the game, the minor bugs I have encountered have not marred my enjoyment. I never followed any of the hype. I didn't pre-order, I'll pre-order for the DLC though

let's keep it real, that's never gonna happen. :ohstopit:

I'd be content IF they were to release some sort of extended lifepath content. I even tried to reach lead quest designer, I hope he finds the time to check my tweet out. basically I suggessted that after ACT I, we should get series of quests due to our Lifepath choices, that will reward the player with unique rewards. this and deeper character customizations; basically what modders are doing right now. with these two adjustments and maybe some more fun side quests, they could salvage CP2077 in my opinion.
I know some of you guys feel confused and maybe even betrayed but we gotta be positive and see how things will play out. then do the judging. CP2077 might be CDPR's most disappointing launch ever but it's not the first action rpg game that has a horrible launch. I think it's too early to lose faith. then again, we will see. :coolstory:

They really need more content/quests, not just lifepath related content.

Good luck with contacting the lead quest designer. But I highly doubt he has any power or authority to make things happen.
Post automatically merged:

Nope,.. I would not. I am able to play this just fine thanks and still want more of the game. I am enjoying the game, the minor bugs I have encountered have not marred my enjoyment. I never followed any of the hype. I didn't pre-order, I'll pre-order for the DLC though

That's not the point.

That's like saying:
I have a job and I am happy working 40 hours a week at minimum wage with no paid vacation days.
Meanwhile someone else just like you. Same skills. Is earning 6x whatever you are making. Working less hours and getting 1-2 paid weeks off a year.

You said it yourself, "still want more of the game"...that's the problem. There isn't enough.
Post automatically merged:

Current state?

Hell to the NO.

Thanks! That's exactly what I am trying to get people to understand.
People keep saying "Yes, game is great. I have X hours in and still haven't completed the story."
That's the problem. They haven't played the game therefore they don't know how short the actual game is.
Sure, you can spend hours just walking around looking at the city but that's not really "content".
"Content" are quests or activities that keep you engaged and constantly entertained.
Spending hours just admiring your character or looking at NPCs is not engaging content because not everyone is willing to spend his/her time doing so.

Last edited:
Suppose a super rich person were to purchase the rights to CP2077 off of CD PROJEKTRED.
Then said person was to hire all the devs that worked on CP2077 + the ones that quit after creating the Witcher 3 + any other devs needed.
Then just let the devs work until CP2077 meets the high standard set by the Witcher 3.

Would you be willing to purchase CP2077 then?

Yes.

You think the way I do. Someone being Bill Gates Rich or Mark Zuckerberg could drop a fancy dollar on the table and bring the game up to standards. In your fantasy it would soon become the game that we were all promised. Being that it has potential; I'd purchase it again. Probably for PC because there is always going to be limitations with console versions. Sometimes I wonder if CDPR would have been better off advertising this as a must by "PC exclusive". There would have only been minor kinks. Would everyone have went out and bought a PC just for this game. "No". Could CDPR later have released it on console with the Keanu Reeves commercials. "Yes".

In reality will a billionaire buy this company; "No". Will CDPR make an effort to revive it? "Yes".

"Would you purchase CP2077 again if another company was to fix all bugs and make it more "complete"?"

Yep. Without a doubt.

Am hopelessly addicted to the game. See myself playing everyday since launch. Would've been my all time favourite if it had third person view. CDPR will eventually get the game sorted out. Just have to be a little more patient. It's a lot of work. Fixing bugs also always creates new bugs. That stalls the repair process exponentially, and more often than not makes the dev team look incompetent, which is really not the case. Be patient.

I don't know what you mean when you say "make it more complete," though even with all the bugs being fixed, IMO the game is still boring and the story would still have Johnny annoying the shit out of me. So, no I wouldn't buy it again. There would be no reason to do so.

<<snip>>

That's not the point.

That's like saying:
I have a job and I am happy working 40 hours a week at minimum wage with no paid vacation days.
Meanwhile someone else just like you. Same skills. Is earning 6x whatever you are making. Working less hours and getting 1-2 paid weeks off a year.

You said it yourself, "still want more of the game"...that's the problem. There isn't enough.

<<snip>>

When I said I wanted more of the game I meant I still have a desire to play it not that I require more from it.
I have confidence that CDPR will continue to enhance the game and add content. (in your analogy it's like starting in the minimum job and looking forward to regular promotions.. the job analogy doesn't really work tbh.)

Suppose a super rich person were to purchase the rights to CP2077 off of CD PROJEKTRED.
Then said person was to hire all the devs that worked on CP2077 + the ones that quit after creating the Witcher 3 + any other devs needed.
Then just let the devs work until CP2077 meets the high standard set by the Witcher 3.

Would you be willing to purchase CP2077 then?

Perhaps if they would release a free demo of the part from char creation till after you awake in your appartment before Jackie calls from downstairs and you could explore watson only. So we could really see the difference. If that would stun me speechless i might buy it again.

No.

The game is flawed on a fundamental level. I enjoyed it somewhat, but not to the point that I would consider CP 2077 as a "must buy".

The Act Man just released his review of the game and I have to agree with him that no matter what, CP 2077 will always be a flawed experience.

No.
I'm usually not an unforgiving person, but I make exceptions for gamestudios. Because they don't learn if "we" accept everything. It's already a big mess with microtransactions, lootboxes, stores, cut content for DLCs and max. overhyped games that are trash by release. And they're making millions and billions with that.
Accepting that and still throwing money at them means in a few years there is only sh*t to buy.
And mobile games, of course.

Current state?

Hell to the NO.

Awww don't let me scare you, that's just silly. You sound like a very bitter sad human, have a fun life.

Guest 3573786

I'll buy it for the first time once all the bugs are patched and all the features are improved and re-implemented.

No wouldn't buy it again, I expect CDPR to give me the game I paid for [...]. In any other industry advertising something that did not, does not and probably never will exist is considered fraud. Not so with game devs and publishers though, CDPR , Bioware and others can advertise any old thing, then when it releases missing 90% of what they promised they just go count their money with no repercussions.

Top Bottom