Patch 1.1

+
I love this game and have stayed loyal even through this mess. I believe that CDPR can take the potential of this game and still make the best game we have ever played. But I am very concerned about the decision making of the management team. For example they chose to release the game in it's current state. This was an especially poor decision on consoles. Then they appologize and release the awful 1.1 patch. Then in the hotfix we discover that CDPR intended to remove a feature/exploit in the game that all rpg's have instead of putting their focus on much higher priority issues. Do they have any idea how to prioritize where to allocate their resources and what players actually want. I commented earlier on the total bag of crap that patch 1.1 was. It is awesome that the devs listened to us players and fixed the Takemura game breaking bug and reset the game ruining decision to remove random loot which shows they care at least a little but there is still a huge disconnect from their fan base. Case in point in the new hot fix notes we have this........
The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further. Let me get this straight in a game full of exploits some which can stress the game.....cdpr wants to remove a feature/ exploit that makes the game able to replay. That is a feature of almost any single player game. Again in any single player game it's the player who chooses if they wish to exploit features or not. But players reloading a save to change an outcome is a basic core of any rpg. Not an exploit really like speed cheats and so many other real exploits in the game. It is also a feature that many people use as a work around because cdpr has failed to fix huge issues in the game. Case in point the clothing shops are a broken buggy nightmare. If you visit a clothing shop after your first visit it will no longer spawn patterns which destroys the crafting ability to make cool new clothes. Crafting also lets you max your mod slots but again broken shops no patterns so your screwed. Plus several of the mods like deadeye are totally broken and super expensive so you just wasted a players money and time. So if you want immersion and want a character that actually wears cool clothes that you would want to wear you have a few choices in this bug filled game. You can wear stuff that looks cool but screw your character in build. You can wear the best stuff you can get but look like an utter idiot which kinda breaks immersion and sucks bad. Or when you find a great piece of clothing that you want to keep wearing you can reload saves until you get a decent drop like in most games. Except CDPR doesn't seem to care if you enjoy the game or if players and their reputation are bailing like rats on a sunken ship. "The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further." Instead CDPR wants to focus on a basic feature. So that they can make the game worse for the loyal players who have stayed rather than maybe leave a feature/exploit that players can choose to use in a single player game alone. And actually spend their time maybe fixing clothing shops, broken mods, balance issues exploits that actually hurt the game. In the end this is a single player game how you play and enjoy the content should be left to the players which is why modding is so popular. There are so many exploits that are out there but patching exploits should be way down the to do list if it is even done at all. It's not even like saving and rerolling items or events even impacts the balance of the game that has always been out of wack. Look on youtube it's easy to make a god build. CDPR claimed that they had to make the game in first person for immersion. Is that true ? Because it seems by their actions that CDPR made it in first person because they want to force you to look like a clown but not be able to see it most of the time. Why do I say this ? We have voices that don't sync in conversations or blank and missing dialogue or even dialogue that was awesome like Panam saying Thanks V for having my back......powerful, except now it just says thanks V. Dialogue talking over dialogue. Not being able to change camera views especially in the scorpion quest because the quest before locks you in first person unless you save quit. Actually saving and relogging is a must to just get past so many glitches and bugs. Not being able to get the free colby because you did scorpion quest because it is kind of near the spawn point even if locked in first person and the game ports you to the quest.....you must have come close so no car for you. Clothing shops not respawning patterns is such a huge bug that wrecks crafting and immersion. Mods that work incorrect or not at all and nothing from CDPR on how they are supposed to work. Broken quests everywhere plus as a bonus the ability to miss things but no way to go back unless you scum save. Crashes and visial glitches abound to remove immersion but if you're still having fun and still have faith in us be aware that instead of working on all that immersion and challenges you face because of the broken condition of our alpha game we will instead ......
1611963457520.png

It's so funny even if they are thinking about multiplayer aspect for the reload feature to get clothes with correct mod slots.
I would think it be more important to fix the following things that would totally break multiplayer.

The dodge,..., jump ultra sonic speed exploit. Now this is truly an exploit needing investigation and fix, even in single player.
Fixing it would make speed runners needing to do new speed runs :)

The change/weapon no weapon, spam flying glitch. If you think about this making it on top of buildings together with the revolver perk bullets go in a straight line until they hit something.
Now that combination will be something to fix because that is broken as hell and will be abused in any multiplayer setting.

Or how about the legendary quickhack that has a passive adding electric shock to any weapon fire, whoever thought a passive like that was a good idea need a stern talking to.

I really don't see how on earth they are going to make any multiplayer work with CP without removing just about everything that is in the single player game and make a completely new game.

There so many things you can't have in multiplayer: tech weapons shooting through everything, displaying where enemies are forever without gimping something else, just about all hacking needs to be removed, smart weapons needs to be removed. Being able to get 100% crit chance and 7x head damage with 400% crit damage is just insane and also can't be in any multiplayer setting.

It's so funny even if they are thinking about multiplayer aspect for the reload feature to get clothes with correct mod slots.
I would think it be more important to fix the following things that would totally break multiplayer.

The dodge,..., jump ultra sonic speed exploit. Now this is truly an exploit needing investigation and fix, even in single player.

The change/weapon no weapon, spam flying glitch. If you think about this making it on top of buildings together with the revolver perk bullets go in a straight line until they hit something.
Now that combination will be something to fix because that is broken as hell and will be abused in any multiplayer setting.

Or how about the legendary quickhack that has a passive adding electric shock to any weapon fire, whoever thought a passive like that was a good idea need a stern talking to.

I really don't see how on earth they are going to make any multiplayer work with CP without removing just about everything that is in the single player game and make a completely new game.

There so many things you can't have in multiplayer: tech weapons shooting through everything, displaying where enemies are forever without gimping something else, just about all hacking needs to be removed, smart weapons needs to be removed. Being able to get 100% crit chance and 7x head damage with 400% crit damage is just insane and also can't be in any multiplayer setting.
Not if it's coop multiplayer (PVE) and not PVP.

Why care about save scumming loot if it's only co-op ?
co-op is just about same as single player no one is harmed if one person has better stuff or not.

Like co-op in borderlands you can even be different levels and one person more or less useless until starts to catch up in levels.

Can we rollback update 1.1 back to hotfix 1.06? Update 1.1 broke my game. My cpu overheats as soon as I get in the game world. On steam so idk if it's possible. Tried looking it up and couldn't find anything related to rolling back the update on pc.

I was really hoping to see something about scanning not working which has prevented my progress in multiple quests.
QUOTE="Pish180, post: 12821894, member: 4509815"]
Okay all... FIXED!

Thanks to Ashka from support for providing me this!

Workaround:
  1. Find Gilchrist's corpse, approach it and trigger Johnny's comment about it.
  2. Once you do it, clue-scanning should again work correctly.

I just tried this, teleported to Ghost Town and the scanner works again! YEAHHHH!!

View attachment 11157998View attachment 11158001
[/QUOTE]

Guys, I'm not a huge fan of CDPR, but there's a rule that applies on every single field in life: the problems are always in straight proportion to the magnitude of the project.

Just give them some espace and time to fix this mess.

If you want an actual example of this rule, just read some lore of the No Man's Sky story, and you'll see how a legion of angry players became the most loyal army of followers of a company, which only mistake was rising the hype too much.

Last edited:
Many people are saying to just give CDPR time and have faith they will fix the problems. The problem with this logic is that they are spending time and resources fixing things most players do not want fixed and not fixing things players need fixed.
Crafting shops do not respawn patterns. Several mods and cyberware do not work. Instead players use saving to get decent clothes because the ones you can craft with max mod slots are a fashion mess. Solution CDPR removes random loot players stop playing in mass due to outrage so they restore it but imply they are monitoring it. Which says players who are making lemonade out of our lemon of a game and actually still having fun this cannot be tolerated we must fix this. Removing the popular jacket from psychofan. Again this is popular we must remove it. Putting in patch notes we fixed this bug but over and over the bug is not fixed. A game hyped on player choice. Build your own V. We must go first person for immersion. Yet each sexual orientation has one romance option only don't like that one or want variety your screwed. Two joytoys that are able to interact in the whole city. Aimless npc's with a 1990s police system. A main story that is short but follows all the other recent titles with you are going to die rush to complete main story which conflicts with the open world and side content which is the best part of the game. So many game breaking and immersion breaking bugs. Yet they are focusing resources and priority not on fixing basic broken systems, but rather on things players are doing to enjoy the game. Players want to have the ability to customize their V and look the way they want without having to give up having a good build. They need to stop taking things away that players like especially when huge pressing issues need to be their focus.

Why is this called patch 1.1? Should be Hotfix 1.07 or 1.08 at best.

I expect MUCH more from an actual patch that claims to go all the way from 1.06 to 1.1 (0.4 "distance"), at the very least four times what was delivered before in any hotfix. And that's NOT true.

After defeating Oda in Play it Safe, the game tells me to connect to the terminal, but when I connect, the game gives a black screen error. I have been stuck in the game for few days, please just fix this bug soon.

Not removed, but tweaked and optimized. There is even some cyberware in the singleplayer that prevents you from being quick hacked. It wouldn't be too far a stretch to imagine there is going to be a mod that prevents others to see you through walls or getting targeted by smart weapons or lowering the damage if getting hit by them etc.
I don't believe they implement the singleplayer level and skill system 1:1 into the multiplayer part. THAT is something that wouldn't work I agree.

Guys, I'm not a huge fan of CDPR, but there's a rule that applies on every single field in life: the problems are always in straight proportion to the magnitude of the project.

Just give them some space and time to fix this mess.

If you want an actual example of this rule, just read some lore of the No Man's Sky story, and you'll see how a legion of angry players became the most loyal army of followers of a company, which only mistake was rising the hype too much.

Time? Space? How much "time" did they have? Wasn't it like 8 years or something? lol
Post automatically merged:

Hello again,

Here is something else for the Devs to consider.

I believe a rework in the exp for skills needs to be reworked.

I have not been able to get a single character to max out single stat outside of the Attributes.

My lvl 50 streetkid for example, my 3rd playthrough, I have cleared the game of all assaults, secondary gigs, main missions, and scanner gig.

So I have run out of anything to do that would allow for a natural progression of the skills like assault.

It seems to me that the only way to hit the max level for a skill is to use nothing but that skill.

However, my favorite weapons in the game are Overwatch and Widowmaker. But using the charged attack for widowmaker only slightly improves my Engineering skill And not everytime. And not efficient exp as just using an assault rifle and is simply not my play style.

I am on my 4th playthrough now and its definitely frustrating to be unable to reach a max skill before running out of missions to do. I am hoping the Devs can take a serious look at this to allow players to hit the level cap a little move balanced. Especially tech skills. Which is a serious pain and the biggest grind. Especially, when all I can do now is drive around looking for random events, getting miniscule amounts of skill exp.

Athletics also seems to need to be reworked.

Or at least release a list of actions that tells us what actions impact skill progression. There is a serious lack of information about this out there.

As always, thank you for your continued work on the game.
I am very grateful for all the work that is going into fixing these issues

Wow. First world problems folks lol

OCD much?

Last edited:
"Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song "

I hadn't seen that one - but that doesn't sound like a bug - that's just seems like the kind of super powers that Judy has.

- honestly though - thanks team for this - fantastic work.

I don't know what you fixed but I have a huge bug. Upon arriving at the church, Judy vanishes instead of entering the church and quest cannot be completed

Time? Space? How much "time" did they have? Wasn't it like 8 years or something? lol

This guy is a good example of what you need to avoid, kids.

Be nice, be patient and treat others with respect, including respecting their right to be wrong and make mistakes. These... "individuals" don't make mistakes, if they're given 8 years for a certain task they're gonna nailed it, no matter the infinite number of variables out of their control, which, by the way, increase over time.

Don't try it at home, kids.

union strike back is bugged. cannot complete after doing all the needed objectives.....the mission name keeps hovering on the right hand side....no calls from rogue....CDPR please fix this garbage of a game

Is there an update for the fixes on this game?
It's just sitting on my shelf devaluing (sales price for this thing is lowering quick) and still not able to play it without crashing my PS5.

Why is this called patch 1.1? Should be Hotfix 1.07 or 1.08 at best.

I expect MUCH more from an actual patch that claims to go all the way from 1.06 to 1.1 (0.4 "distance"), at the very least four times what was delivered before in any hotfix. And that's NOT true.

You don't seem to understand how software versions work. The meaning and differences of Patch, Hotfix, Quickfix, Update, etc. seem to also be completely garbled conceptually for most people. From periodically reading these forums I've come to the conclusion, that a lot of people simply "expected MUCH more" like mr/mrs faverodefavero and are looking for extra things to complain about. Some 100-item lists of extra features "to add" are circulating with a general consensus, that CDPR should be adding functionality on top of the existing game instead of fixing bugs or improving performance. Then the same crowd laments the poor performance and the bugs, of course. Most seem to have prematurely turned to mods - unsurprisingly braking their game with each update: major or minor, adding to their own frustrations and then... Complaining about how unsupported mods, directly overriding multiple game-files should be tip-toed around by the game-devs, instead of the other way around.

The game was a mess when it launched. It's kind of a mess, still. Will be for a while, I think. No, it wasn't worked on for 8 years. No, the extra crap comes after it runs ~ nominally ~ on most systems, as is. No, someone's mistake doesn't give you the green light to do(or say write, in this case) vile stuff. [...]
Post automatically merged:

Can we rollback update 1.1 back to hotfix 1.06? Update 1.1 broke my game. My cpu overheats as soon as I get in the game world. On steam so idk if it's possible. Tried looking it up and couldn't find anything related to rolling back the update on pc.

As I left the game alone shortly after 1.06, I can't speak with complete certainty about 1.1, but...
Games (software, in general) can't, by themselves, cause hardware issues.

When CP2077 came out, it really tanked GPUs. To the point where overblown CPUs were sitting at less than 20% utilization, GPUs at a constant 100% - during game play. This is called bottle-necking in "gamer/bro/pro" speak. Ideally, you want your GPU at 100% and CPU at around 70-80 during intensive load.

As patches and drivers rolled out, GPU performance increased. If they've kept the pace of improvement with this latest patch, it might be the case: your GPU is now outperforming the processor (game is CPU-bound). If this is the case, your CPU likely gets a 100% utilization constantly. This sudden overheating would indicate inadequate cooling and if that is your problem, you need to solve it. CPU cooling is something you can fairly easily and freely test, btw. You can get "cpu-z" and try it's "synthetic load" stress tests to "see what you can see". If your machine is turning off, or "sluggishly" restarting, the temps are reaching 100deg Celsius and over. It'll not catch on fire or immediately die, but that sort of heat can slowly degrade and kill your system.

Short of buying a new, beefy-er cooling solution, I'd suggest you open and clean your PC. Specifically the ventilation intakes on the case and the radiator on your CPU. You can use Q-tips to get the gunk between lamellae (plates). Mind the fan(s), you need to apply as little pressure on them as possible (they have bearings and a fairly delicate spindle).

Wouldn't hurt to see if the CPU fan is actually working, so just opening your case to confirm it's, at least, spinning when your PC is on, would be the first step. If you've put it together yourself, try to remember if you haven't forgotten the thermal paste. Also, if your cpu cooler is already overkill and working perfectly, your case may not be getting enough air. Checking the flow orientation on your case fans might be a fair idea.

If we're talking laptop, you need to take it to a "repair service" for cleaning if it's in warranty and/or you can't do it.
The proper cleaning, with disassembly, etc. Not sticking-a-vacuum-cleaner-on-the-grille type.

Last edited:
I don't know what you fixed but I have a huge bug. Upon arriving at the church, Judy vanishes instead of entering the church and quest cannot be completed

Did you look inside the church? In each playthru I did, when I found the hole in the wall she somehow manages to get inside before I do. The first time I swam around for ages trying to find her before going inside, lol.

Top Bottom