Can't hit enemies with Smart Weapons

+
So I have a Smart Assault Rifle, and the cyberware implant to match. When firing at enemies, all the bullets seem to actively avoid hitting the target. They just fly off in totally random directions. Aren't they supposed to home in on the target or something? Another bug, or am I doing something wrong?

For added laughs, here's a screenshot of my bullets going off target, with a glitched enemy who just stands there doing nothing... execpt cursing at me once in a while:

20201213002345_1.jpg

I'm having this issue as well. I can see the tracers hit them in the head and bounce off, or dodge out of the way at the last second and not hit. I have the legendary implant, too.

So we have these great smart weapons, and all the enemies have a perk to not be hit by them? This isn't just one or two people. This is a very large majority of everyone I'm shooting at.
Edit: They will, however target and hit any nearby citizen quite reliably though.

Last edited:
So we have these great smart weapons, and all the enemies have a perk to not be hit by them? This isn't just one or two people. This is a very large majority of everyone I'm shooting at.
Edit: They will, however target and hit any nearby citizen quite reliably though.
Tiger clan are masters of smart weapon lore wise... as such, most of them cant be targetted by smart weapons.

i don't think this theory of tyger claw has anything to do about it. take Skippy for example as skippy is able to homing it's bullet on them with no issues while using other type of smart weapon is other way around. definitely a bug.

Or you don't have smart weapons mod equipped. You do realize you need that right?
Skippy is the only smart weapon who doesn't need the mod.

Yep, this is happening to me to. Pardon the pun, but it was a hit and miss kind of thing. This was after patch 1.1. I have not tried since the latest patch, I'll find out later. It didn't matter who I was shooting at, the bullets just wandered all over the place. In one instance I accidentally took out a couple of civilians..(oops). Or the time I hit some police (I didn't see them there) and that did not go well. Yep, panic and mayhem for all.

I am using the 'Divided We Stand' assault rifle and the 'Prototype: Shingen Mark V SMG' as my primary weapons.

Before this started, it was pretty much a one shot deal and now it is intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Someone mentioned the Tyger Claws, did not make any difference who it was in my case. I'd do a scan, mark targets and shoot...and I was hitting everything, targeted or not.

So, what I do now if there are civilians in the way is I shoot 'up' and let off some rounds, that usually scares most off, that is if they don't cower and freeze, but at least I can get close to the target if things don't work. So much for being stealthy.

It has led to some out right funny moments however, least I can get a laugh out of it.

Tiger Claws cannot be hit with smart weapons that home in on enemies. I noticed this a lot with Tiger Claws and some other random enemies. So I always carry a powerful no smart weapon to take out enemies who can beat smart weapons.

You probably are, but just to be sure, are you locking in? Some weapons take a while to lock in before you can shoot

Sounds like either he's using a Smart Weapon without the SMART LINK or he's attacking Tiger Claws which we all know can't be targeted with a smart weapon. He also might be using Skippy at times (which works without the smart link) switches over to another smart weapon and realizes his rounds don't lock thinking the game is bugged. Hard to tell unless he's more specific.

i don't think this theory of tyger claw has anything to do about it. take Skippy for example as skippy is able to homing it's bullet on them with no issues while using other type of smart weapon is other way around. definitely a bug.
And I came to this thread because I had issues with none other than Skippy. :D

I didn't know about that immunity of some enemies. Thx @SakariFoxx for pointing it out. However, I discovered that immunity or not, you always hit from very close distance. ;P

I don't like smart guns anyway. A lot of bullets with low dmg or maybe I am missing something? Skippy eats my ammo reserves like crazy. I just want to unlock its quest and forget. :p

Commrade's Hammer - this is a pistol that everyone should have! No wasted bullets! :D

I actually sell every smart weapon I get as I prefer to aim! I find having smart ammo takes the skill out of a kill !

I actually sell every smart weapon I get as I prefer to aim! I find having smart ammo takes the skill out of a kill !

Smart weapons were advertised as a mechanism for people who have trouble aiming. It makes one wonder how enemies immune to smart weapon tracking fit into all of it.

Perceived problem -> feature to fix perceived problem -> feature to render fix to perceived problem not functional.

Shingen Mk V Legendary is just a killing machine between Smart Lock, three round bursts and Chemical/Burn effect. Yes, some enemies can't be Smart Locked, but even in most Japantown gigs not all Tyger Claws are immune.

I start gunfights anyway with an Epic Lexington with Gimlet and suppressor. Just put the dot a few mm under where the carat is and double-tap. I've usually knocked down about three before the rest wake up, then switch to a Genjiroh or the Shingen. Between those two I can usually account for most of the bodies before I need to switch tactics, like blowing up a fuel tank or car to get secondary effect damage.

Or you don't have smart weapons mod equipped. You do realize you need that right?
Skippy is the only smart weapon who doesn't need the mod.

Also there are different quality levels to the smart mods. If you read the description in the mods it states a great chance to hit (Lock on) with smart weapons. I bought the legendary on wich also increase crit damage by 30% and nothng stands a chance.

Read the item description on the dermal ink reward smart link you get, Tyger Claws have smart weapon jamming.

i am aware how the smart target weapons function. they can't function without the smart target mods. of course i have the mod activated. i just don't understand why skippy is able to hit the Tyger Claw gans with no issue while other type of smart weapons can't. doesn't make sense to rule this as an bug because Skippy shouldn't be able to home his bullets on them Tyger Claw gans.

Top Bottom