Ponpon shit?

+
Lol "technically" good satire
Ask any good satirist.

If you are confused by this comment and want more information on satire please visit....
My above posts considered both how good satire the song is, and how good music the song is. "Technical details" were about the latter, not the former, as i thought was perfectly clear. But you seem to fail to comprehend, for some reason. It's sad.

And thank you very much for your outstanding care (you did not even bother to provide some link, though, you lazy bum), but it's OK - i'm not confused at all, and perfectly aware what satire is.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
My above posts considered both how good satire the song is, and how good music the song is. "Technical details" were about the latter, not the former, as i thought was perfectly clear. But you seem to fail to comprehend, for some reason. It's sad.

And thank you very much for your outstanding care (you did not even bother to provide some link, though, you lazy bum), but it's OK - i'm not confused at all, and perfectly aware what satire is.

[...]
I think you missed the satire bit. In that case the lack of link was a clear oversight, my bad.
Post automatically merged:

[...]
Also for the record, as a musician myself I genuinely enjoyed your post.
But you're right, though - it was meant as a mild 'leg pull' in a tongue in cheek fashion, satirical in itself as well as in recognition of the original post, and I didn't expect this level of sensitivity. I do apologise.

Last edited:
Yeah it's starting to dawn on me now that the post in question wasn't the satire I initially thought it was. And the author actually considers the US cracks song to be technically excellent. In that case, gullp. Drastically misread the room. I'll get my coat on the way out. 😋

Us cracks 'our song is technically excellent'

TOOL 'hold my beer..'

Last edited:
Yeah it's starting to dawn on me now that the post in question wasn't the satire I initially thought it was. And the author actually considers the US cracks song to be technically brilliant. In that case, gullp. Drastically misread the room. I'll get my coat on the way out. 😋

Us cracks 'our song is technically brilliant'

TOOL 'hold my beer..'
For the record, yes, it wasn't satire, so yes, you misunderstood it badly. Can't see how could i make it more clear / straight, too.

Also you put a word in my mouth: iirc, i did not say "technically brilliant", i said "excellent" and "exceptional". But you allow to state, twice, that i said "technically brilliant". To me, those are different words with significantly different meaning. For the record, no, i don't think the song is brilliant (technically or otherwise). Definitely not. But still excellent and exceptional in above mentioned regards.

If you disagree with my opinion, then i ask you to either provide verifyable technical arguments demonstrating where i was wrong, or stop with that high-nosed pose of yours if you don't. This is a proposition for your own good, mind you: doing neither of those two things would leave you laughable and dismissable in terms of this discussion, as any jerk can come in, tell everyone he knows better and leave proud of his empty self. I hope you are not this kind of person.

OK
For the record, yes, it wasn't satire, so yes, you misunderstood it badly. Can't see how could i make it more clear / straight, too.

Also you put a word in my mouth: iirc, i did not say "technically brilliant", i said "excellent" and "exceptional". But you allow to state, twice, that i said "technically brilliant". To me, those are different words with significantly different meaning. For the record, no, i don't think the song is brilliant (technically or otherwise). Definitely not. But still excellent and exceptional in above mentioned regards.

If you disagree with my opinion, then i ask you to either provide verifyable technical arguments demonstrating where i was wrong, or stop with that high-nosed pose of yours if you don't. This is a proposition for your own good, mind you: doing neither of those two things would leave you laughable and dismissable in terms of this discussion, as any jerk can come in, tell everyone he knows better and leave proud of his empty self. I hope you are not this kind of person.
Yeah apologies for giving the impression that I know better. I don't. I simply have different tastes., and wish to state that I don't disagree with the above interpretation, or at least not enough to warrant me having to find evidence.

Also yeah sorry, I will edit the post to replace Brilliant with Excellent.

Pleasantly surprised to see so well-tempered response, Aenima1.

And i agree, tastes differ wildly and i never forget that. Though technical side - as a musician, you are supposed to know yourself - does not. Any particular technical element is either well-done, or crap. A note is precise, or false. A dissonance ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consonance_and_dissonance ) is either well-placed, or clearly a slip. Etc.

I am still willing to continue the discussion regarding that part of yours where you diss technically well-made side of the song so much - if you have anything to back this up, i'm all ears. Perfect pitch ears, in my case - with 5+ years of classic musical education graduated with excellence by what's between them.

P.S. / edit: to brighten our mood a bit, here's one technically brilliant music piece present on vast majority of PCs existing today - without their owners even knowing they have it. It ships with all major Windows versions since i don't remember when (probably more than 2 decades, including W10). And you can also kind of "see the sound" - every sound - it in this video, too. Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
I don't mind the technical side of it to be honest, I didn't actually say it was good or bad - I just thought your post was more satirical than it was. Thinking you were joking about the song being excellent isn't the same as coming out and saying iit. Although can't say I'm totally blown away by the track. If I were to disagree with anything about the song it would probably be the sugary pop feel and near-meaningless lyrics. This might also be a matter of taste but I prefer music to have deep meaning, intelligent words and less of a pop sound. Something that hasn't been done a million times. Or by 2077 a billion times, even. I think music should have evolved a bit more in all that time. Although I suspect that aspect of the US cracks is where your satire comes in.

Last edited:
I don't mind the technical side of it to be honest, I didn't actually say it was good or bad ...
You didn't actually say "bad", yes. But you did say this:

""
Us cracks 'our song is technically excellent'

TOOL 'hold my beer..'
""

Per https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hold my beer and considering context above, i equal the 2nd line to "an individual's boastful intent to outdo another person as an act of sport or competitiveness, expressed immediately after hearing about their achievement. Frequently used sarcastically or ironically". Please feel free to correct me here if i'm wrong, but as i already said above, by saying this - you indeed "diss technically well-made side of the song so much" as far as i can comprehend.

If this all means that you've changed your mind about it in the process of our talk, but sort of not willing to admit it straight - then just ignore this post. I'll dig. :)

Hehe OK fair enough.
Yeah, I guess by suggesting that tool write technically brilliant songs it does kind of imply a stark contrast with the other band included in my meme reference.
I haven't changed my mind about the song, but this discussion has definitely brought me around to a new way of thinking.
So for that I thank you.

I really hope this counts towards my 10 posts.

Last edited:
... Although can't say I'm totally blown away by the track. If I were to disagree with anything about the song it would probably be the sugary pop feel and near-meaningless lyrics. This might also be a matter of taste but I prefer music to have deep meaning, intelligent words and less of a pop sound. Something that hasn't been done a million times. Or by 2077 a billion times, even. I think music should have evolved a bit more in all that time. Although I suspect that aspect of the US cracks is where your satire comes in.
Well sure, i'm not any big fan of it too, still i always enjoy high quality arrangement and well polished vocals, and both are present here. Sure never switch it to something else whenever it comes up - unlike couple rather awfully made music pieces that same body heat radio regularly plays.

Sugary pop feel - well sure lots of it, but i dunno, can one "hate" it? I guess it's possible, though initially i supposed it's nothing oh so awful in itself to be any much hated... Shows what i know, eh. Silly me. No sarcasm here, i straightly admit my mistake here if it's what anyhow pisses you off about the song. Will try to be more careful with such assumtions for the future, thanks!

Lyrics are definitely not near-meaningless, though. See 1st page of this topic, my and others' posts there. Fact.

As for evolution of music... Sadly, it's way slower than most people think. Take for example grammy-winning song "All by Myself" - that's Celine Dion, world-famous singer, taking "the" greatest music award of modern times for "her" song. Except, it's not her song - rather, it's merely an arrangement of some specific parts of one of Rachmaninoff's piano concertos (if memory serves), in terms of its music. Which was created something like 60...90 or so years prior to 1997, when Dion won the Grammy for the song. And almost nobody cares about it; such cases are very common and frequent, especially with "less caliber" music pieces (you know, ones which don't pretend to win Grammies). In this particular case though, two rather talented gentlemen noted the plagiarism and created a piece / number of their own, in quite satirical manner. Playing corresponding parts of the Rachmaninoff concerto and, naturally, singing the song in the same time - with some, let's say, adjustments. Which number, amusingly, became somewhat popular on its own. This piece:

P.S. I can't know for sure, but it's possible Igudesman is still playing "his" billion-dollar Stradivary in this particular recording. I'm no expert at all about violins (neither sound nor looks), but if anyone can tell for sure - please tell. Curious. :)

Hehe OK fair enough.
Yeah, I guess by suggesting that tool write technically brilliant songs it does kind of imply a stark contrast with the other band included in my meme reference.
I haven't changed my mind about the song, but this discussion has definitely brought me around to a new way of thinking.
So for that I thank you.
Been a pleasure to talk for me, too (after we sorted the initial misunderstanding). Sure ready to ATD as much as unavoidable, too. Take care, fellow hunam! :)

Yeah really didn't mean to cause as much offence as I ended up causing. I apologise for the thoughtless comment originally. I was convinced that the praise for the us cracks song was clever irony and tried to respond 'in kind' as it were.
But you had clearly put a lot of thought into it and it took me a lot longer to figure it out than it should have.
So yeah, I'm glad you stuck with it and added further explanation.
Anyway I think the fact that the cp2077 world has songs like that which are still popular and still selling well is partly a comment on the slow progress of music in general, especially the financial aspect - seems like it's all about what sells the most rather than what is empirically "good" or "bad".
In that respect, very little has changed in either universe.

I though it was Yolandi Vi$$er from Die Antwoord.
That song have lots of similarities with what she sings on Enter The Ninja 10 years ago, no ?

Unbelievably crappy performance, that "real world one". Mic / sound quality is shit, no sound director whatsoever, volume jumps, "camera person" probably took half dozen beers shortly before, and i'd say plenty harsh words to those nice gals about their vocal performance if that'd be my job to estimate how good singers they were - at the time, then and there.

But it's cosplay, though. Them gals have fun. Never meant to be quality music recording, i recon. Thus best not to bring it up when discussing music (not cosplay), unless the goal is to make some ears bleed. ;)

P.S. Here's some healing for those of us already suffered the damage :D

Some city pop love is great, but here what Japan Cyberpunk 80s music should be:

HONESTLY though, if I can make a mod of customized radio station or the game actually provide one (like MGSV), Bubblegum Crisis songs/Radio Station probably the first one to make, than maybe a City Pop radio station LOL

I love hearing PonPon Shit as I run around wasting gangers.

It's not a style of music that I listen to typically, but there is the odd song in the genre that tickles my fancy.

I would love to see a J-Music radio station added to the game; LiSA, Eir Aoi, Flow, Scandal all spring to mind as artists that could comprise a radio station without getting into the more hard rock/metal of bands like Aldious, Band-Maid, The GazettE, Unlucky Morpheus or Mary's Blood or the more unique sounds of artists like WagakkiBand. So much scope without hearing another PonPon Shit.

HONESTLY though, if I can make a mod of customized radio station or the game actually provide one (like MGSV), Bubblegum Crisis songs/Radio Station probably the first one to make, than maybe a City Pop radio station LOL
Duude! Thank you so much! Had totaly forgotten about this.

Thank you for this gem. Watched "Konya wa Hurricane" from your post.
Now I'm hooked on Bubblegum Crisis. Excellent series, really like the music.
Highly appreciate.

Top Bottom