Would you buy it again?

+

Would you purchase CP2077 again if another company was to fix all bugs and make it more "complete"?

• Yes

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
After seeing the overpromise, sell, underdeliver video on YouTube a few days ago, release CP2077 with some of those features and then we would talk. Just talk, I am not a shut up and take my money type of person when I see an ad.

Awww don't let me scare you, that's just silly. You sound like a very bitter sad human, have a fun life.
His argument its on point though. Talking down on him its not very productive.
him being mad about this does mean he is bitter in general or does not have fun life. :facepalm:

No because I already played it and beat and I am over it. Done with this game and this company.

If they tried to sell me a fully fixed enhanced edition for 60 bucks a year or two from now I don't think I would buy it, because at that point it would seem like I've been cheated out of the original purchase price. I'd put that squarely on the "Buy at 10 dollars on a steam sale" list, because I'll probably be bored some time in 2026.

I think the vast majority of people who votes "Yes" on this topic did so because they thought you were asking "Would you purchase this game knowing what it is like?"

maybe idk, I'd like my money back first

on steam there is a 2 hour window that is easily gone in case CP crashes and runs on in background.
the game doesn't even close when you exit normally through the menu. you have to kill the process manually
but the game is not that bad in first 2 hours, only later you realize that you made a mistake

mbrto

Forum regular
cant really answer the poll, because it includes a weird hypothetical scenario thats not going to happen.

but yes, i bought the game on steam and im going to by a physical copy as well.
maybe the collectors edition

ill definitely buy all the dlc, im especially looking forward to story expansions
if there was a season pass, id buy that as well

His argument its on point though. Talking down on him its not very productive.
him being mad about this does mean he is bitter in general or does not have fun life. :facepalm:

Maybe not, fair point, but being so wound up at people for holding a different opinion on something as ephemeral as a video game, that's a little out there. As for on point, that is entirely a matter of opinion and perspective.

No. Absolutely not. Luckily I bought it on GOG, and even though I was over all really disappointed in it, I kept playing, hoping CDPR would eventually admit they screwed up and say they're going to start adding all of the missing content to the game. Well, we now know they won't even admit that the game is missing major content and is fundamentally underdeveloped, only that they know it has bugs. Well, the bugs are the least of the problems with this game, so I emailed them for a refund and they gave it to me, no questions asked. I got through maybe 30% of the story, but I'll probably never play this game again, not unless CDPR admits to having released this game in a half-baked state and actively does something to make up for that. Because simply fixing the bugs won't cut it for me. Even perfectly polished and free of bugs, the game is in a pitiful state as compared to what was promised.

there's no reason to give refunds to PC version of the game because it wasn't broken like the console version
Are you kidding me? From the purchase I can only get the game to boot up half the time....Broken from the git go!
Post automatically merged:

Current state?

Hell to the NO.

That's like saying, "I really enjoyed that half eaten "hamburger" with a moldy bun covered in rat droppings dirt and hair, topped with a rotten tomato and lettuce and some sort of sauce that looks and smells like it was scrapped off the backside of a hippo,. Yes, I want to order another."

Those who have said, "Yes," yeah......you scare me and make CEO of game companies VERY happy to afford a third jet and that tropical island...while they laugh at scamming you.
Come on you got to try this man...tastes like burnt hair and chutney!

Last edited:
Absolutely not.

I can forgive mistakes when the company is honest about it: when No Man's Sky launched, Hello Games decided to do a massive upgrade by adding plenty of features and content: what was a bad game is now a very good and enjoyable one.

CDRP seems to aknowledge some "framerate problems" on old gen consoles but you don't hear them about the cruel lack of content, the rushed story, the flawed cop system...

We don't only talk about T-posing NPCs or phone bugs ingame. We know these issues will be fixed one day, it's absolutely mandatory.

We're talking about how we feel scammed.

That's a Negative! No! I wouldn't have pre ordered or bought the game if I would have known how poorly the AI and short the story was with nothing to do in game after it's all done.
Flashy but Cheap, game is low quality compared to The Witcher Wild Hunt.

Absolutely not! Had I known about the turn in genre from RPG to FPS I would not have bought it at all!

I expected a paced RPG based on the Cyberpunk 2020 rules. Instead I got Duke Nukem with an incomprehensible story line system that is not clearly defined even after several play-throughs.

Letting some other company take over would not solve anything either since changing head developer in 2016 didn't. I do not care to wait five more years for a remake of a game this flawed. Better let CDPR fix the bugs and whatever they deem necessary a pass judgement when they are done (or give up).

Come on you got to try this man...tastes like burnt hair and chutney!

Well, since you convinced me, I'll have 2 please.

I cannot wait to waste my time later puking in the toilet!

(And yes that was a continuing analogy).

Would I pay for CP2077 V2.0 as outlined by the OP - yes.

Do I need CP2077 to do anything more than it has done to be satisfied with my purchase - no.

Am I looking forward to seeing what else they do with CP2077 - yes.

People keep saying "Yes, game is great. I have X hours in and still haven't completed the story."
That's the problem. They haven't played the game therefore they don't know how short the actual game is.
Sure, you can spend hours just walking around looking at the city but that's not really "content".
"Content" are quests or activities that keep you engaged and constantly entertained.
Spending hours just admiring your character or looking at NPCs is not engaging content because not everyone is willing to spend his/her time doing so.
You're asserting your way of playing as the "right" way of having "fun".

That makes your point of view right for you, not for anyone else. (Ok those who agree with you it works for.)

I'm still having fun exploring content - and yes I mean quests and how they interact and how that unfolds the story and so on. My first play through was under 50 hours, but I'm now hundreds of hours in with out feeling I'm done - hell I still haven't even done the Corpo ending...

Top Bottom