small suggestions for immersion

+
Toggle walk button, yes please!

i agree!
there are mods for this, but they dont work in all directions
Post automatically merged:

-Remove purchases of cars from the map, the player may confuse them with the quest icon

i can get behind that one.
they put a lot of work in those vehicles, especially the interiors look amazing.
the game wants to incentivise the player to check them out, but they shouldnt be "jobs"

Last edited:
another small suggestion: if you approach meridith stout via the stairs, dont spawn V´s car behind the militech vehicle.
thats probably for players who approached her from the tunnle, so it doesnt block her way out

only small suggestions here please.
the ai doesnt need to be "fixed" since its working as intended. its just very basic.
id like to see more complex npc behaviour as well and id love to discuss this topic, but its not the scope of this thread.
The AI doesn't need to be fixed and work as intended? In Cyberpunk 2077? Are you sure you're playing the same game?

I mean, let's face it, the AI was rushed, they obviously never wanted that level of basic (like, do you seriously think that the cops poping off out of thin air was intended, for example? No, they ran out of time and delivered this instead).
It's also loaded with bugs so, I'm sorry but the AI, more than ever, needs to be fixed.

dont worry. priorities are set by management, not the forum.
obviously bugfixes will be adressed first
I know that...I mean, that kinda always have been the point of a forum, we're sharing thoughs between each other.

And btw, bugfixes don't have to be adressed first, there's different level of urgency within bug fixes.
That's precisely what I'm talking about, a lot of AI issues are more important than some of the bugs because they damage the immersion and the experience far more than said bugs (fixing bugs first isn't as obvious as you seem to think).

It's even more true with an open world considering it's humanly impossible to fix all the bugs on this format. If that's what they're trying to do, the game will never be in an acceptable level.

The AI doesn't need to be fixed and work as intended? In Cyberpunk 2077? Are you sure you're playing the same game?

I mean, let's face it, the AI was rushed, they obviously never wanted that level of basic (like, do you seriously think that the cops poping off out of thin air was intended, for example? No, they ran out of time and delivered this instead).
It's also loaded with bugs so, I'm sorry but the AI, more than ever, needs to be fixed.

yes, its working as intended.
someone had to make a decision: either delay the game further or release it with basic npc ai.
more complex ai would also mean to sacrifice quality in other departments to make it run on weak hardware like consoles.

but again, not the scope of this thread

If the eye glow is a universal indication that a person is on the line talking with someone then it seems like an oversight that V doesn't have it in the corpo intro with Jackie's call.

If an NPC or enemy wears something, be it clothes or cyberware I should be able to have it, too.

If an ad suggests something is possible I should be able to do it. Otherwise much of the cyberpunk is just window dressing.

If there is a computer with internet access there should services that I can use. No need for imagination for what these services could be, we have the real internet as a point of reference...

If an establishment has an "open" sign the front door should actually open, even if there is nothing inside that V can do.

If I can commit crimes then store robberies should be possible. And why not, with permanent consequences, since there is nothing to do in the end-game, anyway. I mean, you can already lose vendors permanently if you're violent so let's expand that further and make the player unable to shop on robbed stores for that playthrough by trading their availability for a lot of eurodollars.

If children can absolutely not be killed then remove them from areas where I can pull out a weapon. Or include them only in scripted events where they can't be harmed.

If there is a weather system in place then V and the NPCs should react to the various elements accordingly.

If water is wet then it should splash and ripple and... act like water. Instead of being this low gravity void.

If I can ride bikes everyone else should, and not by implication.

If there is a vehicle in the world that can be controlled by one user I should be able to drive/ride/pilot/mount it. Including the small mechs some cyberpsychos have.

If I can, with my techie knowledge suggest to Jackie to customize his bike, I should be able to customize vehicles myself.

If the first Assassin's Creed could have common humans chasing you up on rooftops then cybernetically enhanced humans should be able to chase me wherever I go in this game as well. And I mean physically, not by spawning near me.

If I jump off or fall from from a height that's juuuust enough to hurt me I shouldn't spill a puddle of blood on the ground as if my guts are wide open. It's a bit exaggerated.

If I have cyber eyes I should be able to install features such as night or infrared vision on them.

yes, its working as intended.
someone had to make a decision: either delay the game further or release it with basic npc ai.
more complex ai would also mean to sacrifice quality in other departments to make it run on weak hardware like consoles.

but again, not the scope of this thread
No offense but you're the one who brough that off the scope of the thread, to take your words.
You asked about small changes that would improve the immersion, I gave you mine, plain and simple (in fact, they even feet your description considering they don't require any additional animation or voice line).

The fact that you disagree doesn't make my answer off topic...

if all perks and mods would work as described there would be no need to search the internet before spending points/crafting.

No offense but you're the one who brough that off the scope of the thread, to take your words.
You asked about small changes that would improve the immersion, I gave you mine, plain and simple (in fact, they even feet your description considering they don't require any additional animation or voice line).

The fact that you disagree doesn't make my answer off topic...

lets agree to disagree
i like your ai suggessions, but i think it would be a huge undertaking and deserves a dedicated thread

another small one: add a timer to jackies lines during stealth gameplay
so he doesnt say them too often.
"V, they can spot you!" "babysteps, V"

Last edited:
All great suggestions! Some of them are probably not 'small' from a programming standpoint, but if we end up having even a quarter of these implemented then the immersion would be improved significantly.

Also I was unaware that I could permakill vendors, so thank you for that warning.

Why the walk button is so important, fondamentally you run very slow :D
I just like to walk slow, then proceed to jog then sprint if need be. For me it's just about taking it slow. I know if i jogged everywhere i would be pooped, but then again I don't have lung implants ;)

Things most of which I doubt will ever make it into the game but imho should have been no brainers for a "next level open world game" set in a CP world:

- transmog and barbers (this might actually happen)
- being able to sit (yes, things like that are actually missing)
- eating and drinking has an effect
- when Claire talks about what drinks you can buy at the Afterlife you should be able to actually find them when you want to order (that things like this are missing is unbelievable)
- have some sort of use for the apartment, for cleaning, eating, crafting, etc. Make it a true homebase
- your look and clothes should matter (clothes never should have had stats or at least not matter that much)
- stealing has to matter
- your behavior has to matter
- cutscenes should have been 3rd person
- relationships and friendships should have had content after they are forged (new quests, visits in zur or their apartment, maybe moving together... for that to make sense, though, the whole premise of the story is a big problem)

All in all, I think making the story a ticking time bomb behind everything else is one of the biggest mistakes of the game. Some open world stuff is losing its credibility because of it... but thr systems are still there in a half baked way. CP77 got stuck between being a linear story adventure and an open world game. It kind of delivers as the first but really fails.whennit tries to connect to the second. Immersion breaks in the process.

let players skip any strictly linear cutscene and set pieces where shooting/telltale style quick events have no effect. no player agency for several minutes at a time for a significant part of the game breaks immersion badly after 1st time around.

i have a few small suggestions, that dont need additional animations or voice lines and should be easy to implement.

- place "dying night" on the counter instead of the vendor inventory, so V can pick it up with that nice inspect animation
- add a button that triggers the existing inspect animation (yes, i love that one)
- increase delays for subsequent phone calls and text messages
- remove padre´s introduction call
I don't personally like that every time I pick up a new weapon, there's a weird animation that delays me from shooting until the animation finishes. I think placing the weapon on the counter is a good idea, and I don't know what text delays refer to.

Simple additions for more immersive vehicles, not including handling...
--- The small cabover truck (Kaukaz Zeya U420) is only seen driving on the roads as the flatbed model, even though there are at least three other driveable models you can find that are scattered about the city, though always parked. (Add those models to the traffic as well.)
--- Roughly half of the vehicles you see driving at night either don't have their headlights on, or there is a glow on the ground from a headlight but not a illuminated headlight on the car.
--- The addition of police cars to the vehicle traffic, even if they didn't do anything but drive around, it would be more believable than every one being pulled over somewhere when you stumble upon them.
--- The addition of NPC driven motorcycles to the city streets, and rural areas. Possibly, the addition of roving motorcycle gangs, the Tiger Claws own motorcycles but are never are see driving them.

Slightly more complicated...
--- The ability to shoot out a vehicles tires to disable it. Higher priced and/or military vehicles may use run-flats to keep mobile.
--- Modify a NPC driver to drive more erratically when you've shot their vehicle enough for it to start flaming.
--- Fix the drive behavior of vehicles on the road. No more stopping in the middle of the freeway for no reason. Give them the ability to either back up to get around the obstacle or plow through it.

Even more complicated...
--- Drive by gang shootings and/or police pursuit chases in appropriate areas.
--- The addition of small cargo boats and police patrol boats cruising up and down the rivers, even if only as scenery. Every city that has waterfront property has river patrols, even if its only to search for DOA floaters.
--- Having the trauma team paramedics arrive to assist the injured, especially in the more affluent areas of town, outside of the missions.

Last edited:
What this game realy need is... more synthwave music... de ambient sounds are preaty good... but need better music... more like 80' synthwave music... the pick of cyberpunk style.

mbrto

Forum regular
What this game realy need is... more synthwave music... de ambient sounds are preaty good... but need better music... more like 80' synthwave music... the pick of cyberpunk style.
idk, i think the music is one of the things thats just perfect.
the soundtrack + morro rock are my favourites

80' synthwave from the game:

Re-pace the act setup for the game.

prologue same,
Act 1, don't rush into meeting Dex, have players play missions etc for a week to get some rep up then have a meeting. During this time allow some act 2 quests like I fought the law to start, allow chance encounters with other key npcs maybe a few lines of dialogue.

Act 2, have testing results dragged out. Vik needs some time to go over data then calls you to come in after you've recovered and seen Johnny again. Then when you go in he gives you the bad news.

Spread the story missions out a bit more so players have time to 'wait' this gives them a reason to run jobs.

Don't have incessant phone calling for jobs when you exit your vehicle while on one. This causes bugs. (Seriously ever finish a job before the call ends? Trust me don't do it.)

-warning the following has harsh language and is not suitable for anyone; plus spoilers-
Act 3, depending on 'side' missions completed allow alternative variations of the endings. Seriously, you can combine (spoiler) delamain or with 'her' at the end but you can't combine with Johnny. Thats the dumbest shit ever. For fucks sake there is a single mind twins in the game.

Cheers.

100hr Corpo-Rat hacker L 47
100hrs Street-Kid solo L 50
30hrs Nomad boxer L 25

Platinum trophy √

Top Bottom