Legendary Clothing Mod Slots

+
What makes an item Legendary? Its very name says that it's a top tier item, so I think we all agree that is the answer. A top tier item should have the best stats, and in this particular setting, that means max number of mod slots.

However, RNG is applied on Legendary items as well, resulting in them having no mod slots at all sometimes - and that practically renders them un-legendary. Armor rating isn't the point here, because it can be raised by upgrading, and that can be applied to Common items as well.

In order for Legendary items to actually make sense, the number of their mod slots should always be at the max, regardless of whether they were looted or crafted. What we have now is a time-wasting process of saving and loading before looting a Legendary item, so we could achieve max mod slots. The same could go for crafting, because if we don't get the properly Legendary item, we're only wasting valuable resources. Also, many Legendary items don't come with crafting specs, and we all know that clothing vendors offer legendary crafting specs only once.
Everyone wants the best out of their equipment, so everyone are practically forced by the game to go through this tedious process. I think this game has more than enough issues as it is, and nerfing the best loot in it isn't helping matters.

Please, lock the max mod slots on Legendary items, so we could at least enjoy looting without wasting our time (and nerves).

Last edited:
There are many mechanics in this game that make absolutely no sense. The whole legend gear and its slots are just one of those mechanics.

This game has a long way to go before any of it does make sense.

There are many mechanics in this game that make absolutely no sense. The whole legend gear and its slots are just one of those mechanics.

This game has a long way to go before any of it does make sense.
This is wrong.

Legendary gear itself has very simple sense: its base stats is higher, and it _can_ have more slots, too. "Absolutely no sense", that? Hardly. But you say so. Hmm... Fishy. Hater?

Further, "many" mechanics making "absolutely" no sense - would be like many in-game processes making indeed no sense at all, i.e. like mumbling of some completely insane person. And i handly see any, if even a single such one. Granted, lots of mechanics are shallow, many are also much unbalanced - that's sure true, but what you said? Not true.

Though, perhaps you can give an example and prove me wrong? I'd love to learn more about it, if there is anything to learn and it wasn't just empty hate talk.

P.S. Also, as it is now with legendary gear slots - many folks are properly happy when they are lucky to find a piece with max slots (lots of people despise save scumming you know, so they just don't do it). But make all pieces have it - and that joy of getting lucky is killed for good, for everyone. So you see, every coin has two sides: what you think would be good - is not entirely good, has its downside.

This is wrong.

Legendary gear itself has very simple sense: its base stats is higher, and it _can_ have more slots, too. "Absolutely no sense", that? Hardly. But you say so. Hmm... Fishy. Hater?

Further, "many" mechanics making "absolutely" no sense - would be like many in-game processes making indeed no sense at all, i.e. like mumbling of some completely insane person. And i handly see any, if even a single such one. Granted, lots of mechanics are shallow, many are also much unbalanced - that's sure true, but what you said? Not true.

Though, perhaps you can give an example and prove me wrong? I'd love to learn more about it, if there is anything to learn and it wasn't just empty hate talk.

P.S. Also, as it is now with legendary gear slots - many folks are properly happy when they are lucky to find a piece with max slots (lots of people despise save scumming you know, so they just don't do it). But make all pieces have it - and that joy of getting lucky is killed for good, for everyone. So you see, every coin has two sides: what you think would be good - is not entirely good, has its downside.

No hate here. I have 260 hours in, have two playthroughs, and love the game. I found both full slotted legends and save scummed others. No biggie to me.

Apparently, when patch 1.1 hit the game, the routine of save scumming slots on gear was a bit borked up afterwards. Your theory of most people despising it doesnt hold much water....as they quickly rolled that back. Make sense?

The inability to save the progression after PONR? That make sense to you?
Made any sense of the stats in the game yet?

You sound like someone kicked your dog or something. No need in being hostile here.

My opinion stands....like it or not.

Last edited:

dar981

Forum regular
No hate here. I have 260 hours in, have two playthroughs, and love the game. I found both full slotted legends and save scummed others. No biggie to me.

Apparently, when patch 1.1 hit the game, the routine of save scumming slots on gear was a bit borked up afterwards. Your theory of most people despising it doesnt hold much water....as they quickly rolled that back. Make sense?

The inability to save the progression after PONR? That make sense to you?
Made any sense of the stats in the game yet?

You sound like someone kicked your dog or something. No need in being hostile here.

My opinion stands....like or not.

You can save the game after PONR I have five saves, It saves at the start of every mission and i have manual saves. including the mansion epilogue?

Last edited:
You can save the game after PONR I have five saves, It saves at the start of every mission and i have manual saves. including the mansion epilogue?

Tirdly

In those saves...did you already get booted back outside the elevator...because if you did...your progression did not get saved. Theres a ton of complaints about it already.

If theres a new trick to getting booted back outside the Embers...and keeping all the items you earned through it all....then thats a new one on me. Please explain.

dar981

Forum regular
The first save for me is the point of no return, then for whom the bell tolls. knocking on heavens door, the list goes onto my final save and that is the mission "path of glory" in the mansion. Ontop of that i made a manual save for each mission. I just tested it and it makes a save after the cut scenes and I made another manual save as well. Only during scripted events it blocks the save function.

however my journey through cyberspace was bugged. Once it loaded I couldnt move and had to reload, and another time it just bugged out my clothing.

I got booted at the end of the path of glory and then it told me congratulations here is your reward.

Last edited:
The first save for me is the point of no return, then for whom the bell tolls. it then goes onto my last save and that is the mission "path of glory" in the mansion. Ontop of that i have two manual saves. I just tested it and it makes a save after the cut scenes and I made a manual save as well.

however my journey through cyberspace was bugged. Once it loaded I couldnt move and had to reload, and another time it just bugged out my clothing.

I got booted at the end of the path of glory and then it told me congratulations here is your reward.

So, with that being said, did it ask you to either 1. end it here, or 2. one more gig.

If you choose one more gig, it boots you back to the latest save BEFORE you enter the elevator. Doing this erases your progression. It doesnt matter what was saved after entering....to free roam the game after the last mission you must pick "one more gig." Its as if the ending you chose never occurred.

Both of my playthroughs are me standing outside embers without any of the items i had obtained in the last mission.

But really, this thread has become derailed a bit and ill take a bit of the fault for that.
Apologies and Adios.

So, with that being said, did it ask you to either 1. end it here, or 2. one more gig.

If you choose one more gig, it boots you back to the latest save BEFORE you enter the elevator. Doing this erases your progression. It doesnt matter what was saved after entering....to free roam the game after the last mission you must pick "one more gig." Its as if the ending you chose never occurred.

Both of my playthroughs are me standing outside embers without any of the items i had obtained in the last mission.

But really, this thread has become derailed a bit and ill take a bit of the fault for that.
Apologies and Adios.

I picked the one more gig, but as you said, it boots you back to the embers outside, but all my manual saves are still intact as well as the autosaves. I wanted to replay it eventually anyway. I got the thruster boots and more johnny clothing. I dont remember what else I looted.

Back on the legendary mods topic. the level requirements for the mods was more a hindrance than anything else to me. But once you reach that crafting level, your overpowered anyway mod wise. I had 2000 armor. I could craft legendary armor mods with 200 armor on each (196 roughly). Armadillo. I spent most of my points in blades and crafting. With the legendary mods installed, my blade had nearly 2.5k dps on it. I didnt need anything else. Add the perks, +200 crit damage/crit chance and damage multiplier 200% from stealth, i could one hit slice those heads off.

Last edited:
the only thing which make no sense at all is protecting this broken game in any way... everything is broken or better just unfinished - some things are minor but most are major. I dont get how people can stand up and protect this alpha version of a game. I also have 4 builds and more than 500 hrs played I like the story and most of the dialogs - but just be honest to yourself NOTHING in this game is outstanding or groundbreaking (lol sorry for that haha) - nearly every mechanic is outdated or just bad design in its current state. "welcome to a new generation of open world gaming" - still laughing about this advertising hard... gta's mechanics and physics are waaaaay better and that meant smt.

Quests are broken, perks are broken, mods are broken, vendors are broken, weapons are unbalanced, 100% drops are broken, legendaries are unthought, physics are from yesterday, crowd and traffic are even beyond yesterday, characters shadow looks like stone edge... cmn how could anyone protect all these stuff in a AAA 2020 game at all?... its ridicules even trying to see any good in it. The management just broke the chance to make this game any special and it will take ages to fix all this stuff - really no way to blame any critics people have.

Last edited:
Clothing isn't where it ought to be, items wise. For weapons, rarity rating makes sense because they'll have a bigger stat range on perks and more weapon options depending on the rarity. For clothes at the moment it's limited to usable mod slot count.
I hope this will be fixed eventually. I'd love to see set item bonuses and clothing perks in addition to having slots at a fixed amount per rarity level or just scrapping slots / stats on all clothes and replace the armor system with something else entirely.
It would have been cool if netrunner suits would give a boost to perks in the quickhack tree, allowing you to utilize perks that you didn't have the ability points for, or to overload the existing perk by x points for instance.

I suspect they intended as stated earlier in the development to have clothes be... Well... Clothes. Build your style. Stat-less and 100% cosmetic without any combat impact on the game. But at some point time ran out and they had to do something to compensate for a missing armor system adding slots and armor values to clothing.

No the game isnt outstanding or special. it does nothing new that other games havent already done. Deus EX, Watchdogs, Bladerunner, all did this years before cyberpunk. I agree.

As you said yourself, the story is interesting. It is a shame the systems were either cut or unfinished. But with some balance passes things could even out. The legendary mod situation, overloaded weapon loot all need balancing out. Same as the ai

But still I like the style and feel of the game a lot. The futuristic dystopian city of the future, is a big draw to me. The upgrade and crafting system is a little overpowered however. It needs addressing. So does the loot situation. Its just too much and so wasteful. Most of what you find or loot you toss away almost immediately.

I do think because of the lack of level scaling, it does affect the game a lot. You can quickly outlevel the game, once you get those mods into legendary epic crafted. The game becomes too easy.

But a game that makes me spend seven hours looking for a decent style of clothing, has an interesting futuristic story, crafting i can get my head round. Makes me want to explore more and still gets my vote.

Last edited:
Clothing isn't where it ought to be, items wise. For weapons, rarity rating makes sense because they'll have a bigger stat range on perks and more weapon options depending on the rarity. For clothes at the moment it's limited to usable mod slot count.
I hope this will be fixed eventually. I'd love to see set item bonuses and clothing perks in addition to having slots at a fixed amount per rarity level or just scrapping slots / stats on all clothes and replace the armor system with something else entirely.
It would have been cool if netrunner suits would give a boost to perks in the quickhack tree, allowing you to utilize perks that you didn't have the ability points for, or to overload the existing perk by x points for instance.

I suspect they intended as stated earlier in the development to have clothes be... Well... Clothes. Build your style. Stat-less and 100% cosmetic without any combat impact on the game. But at some point time ran out and they had to do something to compensate for a missing armor system adding slots and armor values to clothing.

This! So much. I especially agree about solely aesthetic purpose of clothes. I don't have to look like a clown just so I could have good stats.

Also, I don't see why we currently can't wear all the clothes from the game. There are so many outfits that I constantly see on other NPCs, but it isn't lootable, or craftable, or offered in stores. This should be remedied as well.

This! So much. I especially agree about solely aesthetic purpose of clothes. I don't have to look like a clown just so I could have good stats.

Also, I don't see why we currently can't wear all the clothes from the game. There are so many outfits that I constantly see on other NPCs, but it isn't lootable, or craftable, or offered in stores. This should be remedied as well.

Me too. I really like the clothes system. You can mod and wear what you want. Some crafting recipes cant be found unless you really do know where to look for them. Also you cant unlock them till you reach a certain level either. With combat not scaling to your level, the clothing system can a bit unbalanced and a little random for my liking.

A vital piece of clothing can be missed unless you admittedly look it up on the web. You either get really lucky or you cheat. You shouldnt have to do that. Seems a bit unbalanced. that does need looking at.

I see different body types on npcs and wonder if the clothes are the same as what we use, why cant we have more options in character creation to match those body types?

Do the npc's use a different type of clothing system? They look the same?

Blueprints of clothing should have been the item. Finding the gold pickup of the BP and than crafting it the way you want. Should have been it. Not the RNG factor. Even in Pokemon. You can control the various attributes and boost through breeding. Which would be basically this games crafting system. Slots should be controlled by us. Maybe give a mechanic to this. Like say. You have less slots. Because this will support a bigger upgrade. Like a personal shield. Or Defense droid that could be attached to your arm. This would add value to 1 mod slot, 2 mod slot etc.

Mod slots should not be random. Legendary armor , weapons and items should have zero random generation. Fix. You should be able to sell or break down iconic gear or weapons.
To fix mod slots set Legendary as highest mod slots such 4 for torso and 3 for other areas. I keep getting 1 or 2 mod slots for Legendary gear. Fix. This is wrong.

Top Bottom