Best racing times

+
Let's share out best race times here - just for fun.

A screenshot with after-finish time is the minimum requirement, but for especially outstanding times, full race video is very recommended to post, with quality sufficient to clearly recognise finish time. And of course, small story about any record run - is very welcome, too.

I'll start with

"The beast in me", race 1 (city) - 2:26:15:

1st-race_2-26.jpg
2:26:15 comment: this is one very "warm up" and mediocre - for a hardcore racer - result. I am sure that few seconds faster - can be done. Intend to figure out how many seconds faster, exactly, in near future (and post it here).

"The beast in me", race 1 (city) - 2:24:10:
1st-race_2-24-10!_Claire.jpg

2:24:10 comment: attempting to get all the good luck with the traffic (so that no car would ever block the best racing line during the race) - is sure time-consuming endeavor, in this 1st race of this "the beast in me" quest line. This one attempt - almost had it. I'm sure at least still 2 more seconds faster time - is physically possible. But i grew tired of trying; decided to settle with this time as it's quite respectable already.

P.S. Naturally, lowering graphic details for more FPS during a race, and upping gamma to see better in this rather darkish run - are both helpful to be able to pilot more precisely. Good luck! ;)

0.00 I kept crashing and gave up on that quest. :(
Well there is a "cheap" way if the only thing you're after - is to complete the quest. It is: go slow. Go VERY slow. So slow other cars don't fix their fire on you, instead duking most of it between themselves. And only before very last corner go full-throttle in some fast-accelerating car (Claire's car is quite good accelerating, but sport cars available in the game are of course a bit better).

You see, AI racers are scripted to be "close" to you no matter how fast or slow you go. But when you suddenly go fast, they sort of lag a bit, and you can pass them easily (assuming you manage to not crash into them). May take a few tries, but overall, this method allows to "survive" in terms of avoiding excessive damage taken from other racers' gunners through the most of the race, and also all the damage from high-speed crashing, too (as you'd be cruising most of the track's length slowly).
Post automatically merged:

And here goes my best time from 2nd "The Beat in Me" race (Badlands race) - 4:11:88:

2nd-race_4-11-88!.jpg

4:11:88 comment: i'm quite proud of this time even though some turns were noticeably slower than i know i can do them - because many other turns and tight spots, i managed to go very fast. The former includes one early turn which leads to a straight downhill part of the track, in which i went too far right and ended up flying good 50+ meters, and very last turn, in which i went way too careful (knowing i have one great race and willing to be sure i won't ruin it in the last turn). The latter includes very fast start (going to the left of the rails), and plenty crazy half-flying passes during "canyon" middle part of the track. All in all, this race being the only one where we're forced to use Claire's car - is indeed one great opportunity to test how good a pilot one is. Going full-throttle through the canyon and managing to not crash anywhere? I'm far unable to do this, but if someone can, this time then can surely be much improved. Perhaps even going under 4 mins is possible? Who knows!

Attachments

• 2nd-race_4-11-88!_Claire.jpg
    2nd-race_4-11-88!_Claire.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I find driving so clunky on the PC that I almost never bother. There is no mouse steering (basic on most new games!) so we a re stuck with the A and D keys. These are under responsive which causes over steer. So I deliberately refused the car racing sequence.

0.00 I kept crashing and gave up on that quest. :(
Only last 1-2 corner(s) really matter, you can do pretty much whatever beforehand. I literally stopped my car at first checkpoint, raised from my chair and went to toilet without pausing the game, returned a few minutes later to continue, and 5 checkpoints later I was back at 1st position.

Yep, winning is not an issue at all the way those races are scripted. Getting good times, though, is indeed a worthy challenge. ;)

So here goes my best time for 3rd "The Beat in Me" race (Santo Domingo race) - 3:13:40:
3rd-race_3-13-40!.jpg

3:13:40 comment: now this was one hard-earned time if i had one! :) Good start, good enough 1st couple turns to build some distance, and managed more or less fast going through the whole track - and kept all my tires, too. Sure could practice lots more and get much better, as this track requires helluva lot precision with its tight turns and narrow passages. Though certain degree of luck is also involved: at times, some smallest bump can send the car spinning, ruining a run. So, i'm looking forward to see if anyone could beat this time, for sure.

A bit further info about this race: some strange bug causes checkpoint counter to be stuck at 24/25 even after finishing the race - happens every time i finish this race. The timer, however, still properly stops at finish line, quest objectives properly update to after-finish state, and mr. Announcer properly announces the result.

This race, overall, is the most difficult of the bunch, in terms of race track geometry and features. It also features one nasty enemy gunner which aims specifically for tires, and is rather good at actually blowing 'em tires up. And yes, losing even a single tire has an effect on the car's steering: it would keep going swell in terms of top speed and acceleration, but will be more willing to lose control during turns and especially during jumps (and without jumps, getting any good time on this track is quite impossible). I found, though, that even smallest taps on the steering wheel very much help to prevent having a tire shot off, whenever that enemy gunner is in range to make some shots (which normally would be few moments after the start, only).

And here's my best time for 4th "The Beat in Me" race (final race) - 3:21:99:
4th-race_3-21-99!.jpg

3:21:99 comment: i recon this time would be hardest to beat outta all 4 presented so far. Getting good start is tricky in this race, as is being fast in last couple turns, but during this run i managed quite well for both those parts. Also, at times traffic mid-race may steal bits of speed by forcing to abandon best racing line. Still, this time, as well as all the above, was made in 1.06 - i'm just posting 'em one by one to tease a bit. Point is, now, in 1.12, handling for all vehicles was made more responsive and predictable, thus beating those times would be a bit easier than in 1.06. I kept the saves before the start of every race, so i may do better times in the future.

P.S. And yep, i went on with the game after making this finish - plenty aware about getting one of two free cars if not finishing this race, but it ain't right to abandon the race for some petty revenge. Claire can go and piss fire for the rest of her days if that's her fancy. I race to win. :)

Wow I feel challenged Idk why :)) I might have to record my times too also the hardest of the races has to be the one going through 6th street territory (4th I think) or the badlands one (2nd)

Wow I feel challenged Idk why :)) I might have to record my times too also the hardest of the races has to be the one going through 6th street territory (4th I think) or the badlands one (2nd)
6th street terrutory is 3rd race, not 4th - and yes, it's the hardest indeed. In particular, sharp left turn leading into mountain road with long turns - is insane. %)

I raced some more in Badlands, now in 1.12 - and sure enough, with subtle but noticeable improvements to vehicle control since 1.06, i was able to improve my time. Here goes 4:05:50 - shaving off 6+ seconds from my previous best:

2nd-race_4-05-50!!.jpg

4:05:50 note: start was mediocre, canyon section went well (probably spent more time flying than driving on solid ground), sand storm section had me lose at least half a second or so after i went too fast and jumpy resulting in a significant unneeded drift and some speed lost, and biotechnica section was about average. Getting under 4 minutes would be extremely difficult if at all possible, i think.

I raced some more in Badlands, now in 1.12 - and sure enough, with subtle but noticeable improvements to vehicle control since 1.06, i was able to improve my time. Here goes 4:05:50 - shaving off 6+ seconds from my previous best:

View attachment 11174357
4:05:50 note: start was mediocre, canyon section went well (probably spent more time flying than driving on solid ground), sand storm section had me lose at least half a second or so after i went too fast and jumpy resulting in a significant unneeded drift and some speed lost, and biotechnica section was about average. Getting under 4 minutes would be extremely difficult if at all possible, i think.
you are not allowed to be that fast

Honestly speed does not matter, the AI always waits for you and rubber bands if you go too fast.. You can win with a Galena by just blocking their way so they can't pass you, they won't damage it enough to blow it up.

Honestly speed does not matter, the AI always waits for you and rubber bands if you go too fast.. You can win with a Galena by just blocking their way so they can't pass you, they won't damage it enough to blow it up.
Speed does not matter for winning those races - yes, true. It was already explained above in the topic, too!

But, speed does matter, honestly, for doing _racing_. Good old honest to God racing. Not to beat those scripted NPC cars - but to see how fast one can go. It ain't for completing these quests. It ain't for earning eddies. It's for fun of it. Some folks, like myself, have that competitive urge, the desire to be as fast as one can be - and then get even faster.

It's what some call "need for speed", man. Some have it, some don't. Do you? ;)

Speed does not matter for winning those races - yes, true. It was already explained above in the topic, too!

But, speed does matter, honestly, for doing _racing_. Good old honest to God racing. Not to beat those scripted NPC cars - but to see how fast one can go. It ain't for completing these quests. It ain't for earning eddies. It's for fun of it. Some folks, like myself, have that competitive urge, the desire to be as fast as one can be - and then get even faster.

It's what some call "need for speed", man. Some have it, some don't. Do you? ;)
funny I was just looking up wth happened to need for speed, used to be a big fan of the series, seems like Heat isn't bad.
Now back to this game, I think I'ma have to make my own mod to make handling and breaking feel good.. the ones that exist already aren't good enough, but it is nice to take a ride and just listen to the radio cause the music is good.

used to be a big fan of the series, seems like Heat isn't bad.
I would recommend going for Horizon 4 instead if you look for good open world racer. I bought NFS: Heat when there was a huge discount and because I also used to like the series way back in time. Then there's the Crew 2 but there are quite a few things in that one, toxic mechanics that it really isn't for everyone IMO. Anyway, it's a grind game and if you try to move to a track game from that, it won't be good.

NFS: Heat has some very stunning visuals and cop chases that can happen during night races are the best I have experienced in any game. That said, physics aren't that great and drifting relies on using drift button. I found that really restricting as drifts like that can be achieved in Horizon with players skill and there's actually more control and options by not relying on mechanics like that.

For CP2077, I have a feeling that car and bike physics aren't finished yet at all. Same goes for optimizing area "bubble" around player that is updated in real time.

I would recommend going for Horizon 4 instead if you look for good open world racer. I bought NFS: Heat when there was a huge discount and because I also used to like the series way back in time. Then there's the Crew 2 but there are quite a few things in that one, toxic mechanics that it really isn't for everyone IMO. Anyway, it's a grind game and if you try to move to a track game from that, it won't be good.

NFS: Heat has some very stunning visuals and cop chases that can happen during night races are the best I have experienced in any game. That said, physics aren't that great and drifting relies on using drift button. I found that really restricting as drifts like that can be achieved in Horizon with players skill and there's actually more control and options by not relying on mechanics like that.

For CP2077, I have a feeling that car and bike physics aren't finished yet at all. Same goes for optimizing area "bubble" around player that is updated in real time.
Played a lot of horizon 4 :p setting up my old ass Logitech g25 with it like I wanted without it feeling arcady was hard but did it eventually, anyway too bad there's nothing more modern like nfs underground or midnight club, I'd wanna game that drives like in Assetto Corsa but has really in depth customization I mean like the aspect being also integrated into the story... Yah I want a story :D and putting on parts be animated and having a mechanic and stuff :p

Played a lot of horizon 4 :p setting up my old ass Logitech g25 with it like I wanted without it feeling arcady was hard but did it eventually, anyway too bad there's nothing more modern like nfs underground or midnight club, I'd wanna game that drives like in Assetto Corsa but has really in depth customization I mean like the aspect being also integrated into the story... Yah I want a story :D and putting on parts be animated and having a mechanic and stuff :p
There are quite a few things that needs improving to make more things possible in Cyberpunk 2077. The most important is with players who prefer keyboard and mouse. I used to play Horizon and there were some people who were really fast on kbm and I wonder how developers achieved enabling that to kbm players on Horizon (I'm on Xbox myself).

The biggest issue so far might be that kbm input isn't perhaps filtered and combined with that there's no steering lock on CP2077 driving can be very twitchy. I wonder if CDPR could implement adjustable steering lock for PC and adjustable perhaps time based filter, where short 1 sec or less for example, key presses would turn steering wheels 50% and keeping key down would then gradually turn wheels more. But it's difficult for me to estimate how intuitive solution that would be.

Even before that, how minimap is implemented isn't really working. It's scales way too little and result is players developing some sort of paranoia keeping their eyes on minimap, rather than focusing to driving experience itself.

Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2 this won't be, but I think CDPR can improve a lot from what there is and after that, who knows.

Last edited:
There are quite a few things that needs improving to make more things possible in Cyberpunk 2077. The most important is with players who prefer keyboard and mouse. I used to play Horizon and there were some people who were really fast on kbm and I wonder how they achieved that on Horizon (I'm on Xbox myself).

The biggest issue so far might be that kbm input isn't perhaps filtered and combined that there's no steering lock on CP2077 driving can be very twitchy. I wonder if CDPR could implement adjustable steering lock for PC and adjustable perhaps time based filter, where short 1 sec or less for example, key presses would turn steering wheels 50% and keeping key down would then gradually turn wheels more. But it's difficult for me to estimate how intuitive solution that would be.

Even before that, how minimap is implemented isn't really working. It's scales way too little and result is players developing some sort of paranoia keeping their eyes on minimap, rather than focusing to driving experience itself.

Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2 this won't be, but I think CDPR can improve a lot from what there is and after that, who knows.
Yah realistically, if handling was just all right, without any crazy physics, it would be just fine for an rpg, maybe with just the option for us to change our cars like the appearance mod already does and if they Finnish that and driving AI maybe some randomly generated races for replayability. But I have a feeling modders might do it first, maybe not as well as cdpr could but
There is a work in progress mod for police car chases and one for quests :D they suck now but in the future it might be cool :p also a map mod that kinda works just updates slowly ( that's why the game has a high zoom on the map, performance reasons) it's just that console players like yourself can't use these untill cdpr makes an in game mod loader like bethesda did and it's prolly asking too much at this point :p
There's so much unfinished stuff from litterely every system implemented into the game that they have to take care of first. You can walk into a pothole and die or a bush :D and I thought my city had bad roads.

Top Bottom