Petition Against Cyberpunk Multiplayer.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually like to see a multiplayer as long as it was a true sandbox mmo type. I've never really been into the co-op or PvP online games as I am a very casual player.
I would love to see a player-driven economy. Players could spec the crafting tree and sell their crafted items to other players. Players could sell their loot and crafting components to the crafters to make stuff.
Players could buy apartments throughout Night City (There are tons of [Locked] doors after all)
Players could befriend one gang and go have a turf-war with another.
Corps could provide gigs to players to sabotage other Corps adding another layer of factions with the different Corps.
Players could become fixers and have a menu to create their own gigs to provide to other mercs (select a theme [hack, assassinate, rescue, etc], select a difficulty, select location, provide a payout)

So much potential. Of course this would have to be after single player and the engine is patched enough to handle it.

I 've always enjoyed the dystopian future genre, movies, video games, as well as the original cyberpunk P&P game. Anything to keep me in this world longer is a good thing.

Yes CDPR has to forget about the Multiplayer money for a long time now, and I want to make it clear. We don't want thier Garbage We don't trust their Releases and maybe after 10 years of supporting this game and i forget about this release maybe then I would trust them they able to Deliver a Multiplayer Experience.
Who is "we" here? And by "garbage" you mean MP or cyberpunk in general? And calm down a little. This is just a game.

I want Multiplayer
many people want multiplayer

It would be great if it is a free update for everyone who already owns the game on Steam or GOG etc

but if it is not free, I will still buy it
I love the idea of multiplayer coop and/or pvp in Night City with all this awesome weapons, skills and cyberware, it could be awesome in so many ways

That really depends.
Remember Fallou4? Oh yeah we all do
Do you remember Fallout 76? Oh, we're all still trying to forget.
I really don't want to see this scenario being repeated. I'm not saying that's inevitable but the actual state of the single-player doesn't give me much hope.
I don't know CDPR's production status but I would prefer to see more DLCs or Cyberpunk 2 than a multiplayer unless they can work on two-three things at once.

I play CDPR's games because of the story (at least that was the case somewhere in November 2020) and unless they would pour some really good stories in the multiplayer there would be no reason for me to touch it.
Multiplayer could be cool. For some. To each their own I guess.

That really depends.
Remember Fallou4? Oh yeah we all do
Do you remember Fallout 76? Oh, we're all still trying to forget.
I really don't want to see this scenario being repeated. I'm not saying that's inevitable but the actual state of the single-player doesn't give me much hope.
I don't know CDPR's production status but I would prefer to see more DLCs or Cyberpunk 2 than a multiplayer unless they can work on two-three things at once.

I play CDPR's games because of the story (at least that was the case somewhere in November 2020) and unless they would pour some really good stories in the multiplayer there would be no reason for me to touch it.
Multiplayer could be cool. For some. To each their own I guess.
I have, but haven't played Fallout 4 yet. To many online games are just simply either a WOW clone or run and gun with a bunch of other players around or strictly PvP shoot at other players while they shoot at you and none of those types interest me. I stayed away from Fallout 76 because it just seems like the 2nd example and if I'm going to play that kind of game, I'd rather it be single player with a good story.

You are just rushing with your opinion. Game has been released for almost two months now, multiplayer is not coming any time soon anyways. While it was a huge fail from CDPR to release the game in december, no one can tell yet if they will make a comeback and deliver. All just speculations. Give it some time, at least till next gen upgrades are coming. I prefer single player, but who knows maybe Cyberpunk multiplayer will be a successful project.

A GTA Online clone with microtransactions? I can't really get excited about that, especially after the disappointment of the single player. The multiplayer is likely to be just as underwhelming, because I get the feeling it's being developed with the investors in mind, not the players.

[QUOTE="Tam_s_Farag_48, post: 12483626, member: 4487597

Do we want another Fallout 76 disaster?

[/QUOTE]

Disaster? Umm..... that game is going strong with a large vibrant community and twice yearly updates and expansions. Not much of a disaster.
So melodramatic

A GTA Online clone with microtransactions? I can't really get excited about that, especially after the disappointment of the single player. The multiplayer is likely to be just as underwhelming, because I get the feeling it's being developed with the investors in mind, not the players.

C'mon, choom. Don't you want the opportunity to pay REAL money for in-game weapons? What? What do you mean, no? You said you wanted immersion. THIS IS IMMERSIVE!

Not great either:
With 5k people at worst in the yar of a global pandemic...

Irrelevant considering steam is not the only hosting server for 76.
That does not mean the game is a disaster. I disageree and apparently so do millions of other. Melodrama over a fake world with fake people and fake things is just plain silly.
Look, I get you feel betrayed and hurt and whatever. But move on and stop crapping on something others, millions of others, are playing and enjoying. Come back in 3 months or 6 months and see if its more to your ecpectations. But calling the company names, posting rediculous charts of another game you obviosuly have issue with and just being an uphappy person is not going to make CDPR patch or enhance the game any faster.

Last edited:
Stopped reading at F76 being a disaster. That game has a very healthy community and can be enjoyed with small groups of friends. I have well over 2000 hours of gameplay time.

Why can we just not accept that different people have different tastes and different expectations. Everything is subjective. There is absolutely nothing wrong if F76 or CP2077 is not for you. Accept it and move on to something that you agree with.

I don't enjoy simulators, CS or any sports related games. But I also don't go on their respective forums dissing everyone that does and calling their developers names.

On the particular topic of CP2077 and multiplayer, I personally do not believe it would happen as the game is heavily unbalanced. The weapons, armour and enemies are not designed for anything remotely competitive or challenging. What the game does well is setting the scene for a dedicated multiplayer follow-up release in the CP franchise. It introduces the world, the characters and the themes.

Uh, it's a very, very, very bad idea to do multiplayer on cyberpunk it's going to kill the game. No! You need content that's all, especially not a crap multiplayer ! Really ! Don't kill this game a bit more !

They ought to finish this game first. to much missing/broken stuff for them to worry about multiplayer. As it is it'll just make things worse.

Disaster? Umm..... that game is going strong with a large vibrant community and twice yearly updates and expansions. Not much of a disaster.
So melodramatic
Going strong? Not sure about that, but I heard ever since Wastelanders is became bearable (but still not as expected)
Keep in mind though, that was 1,5 years after its launch. And the first 1,5 years was a disaster of nuclear proportions, where Bethesda practised several shady shenanigans throughout.

Ooh FYI: I do not want CP MP

I don't really understand the criticism towards a multiplayer mode. There are certain things that are transferable to the single player game which I think a lot of people want.

In multiplayer it is necessary to view, rig and animate the player for third person perspective, for the very obvious reason that you need to see enemy players to shoot them. So all of this work can be retrofitted into the single player game. This enables true player reflections and correct looking player shadows that animate realistically without the visual distortion you see when casting shadows from a mesh that is rigged for first person.

Think the AI in CP2077 is bad? Its not a core competency that ranks high in CDPR's back catalogue. Hiring for multiplayer and developing bot or co-op enemy/ally AI is work that can be translated back into the single player game so enemies move and track you kind of how you would expect a player to. Or at least a multiplayer training bot which is still quite sophisticated compared to the current AI.

All of this to me is worthwhile and for a publicly traded company, its a case of feeding two birds with one due to the micro-transaction potential, which if it can be successfully monetized presents an opportunity to re-invest into single player experiences.

I don't buy the argument that studios can get away with lazy multiplayer modes or that developing for multiplayer precludes single player. I don't bother playing multiplayer games I don't have any emotional response to and a big part of that is the lore and the feels I get from single player experiences. I found Overwatch compelling because Blizzard put in an enormous amount of work into world building, backstory and cinematics - none of it relevant to multiplayer gameplay but all of it necessary to convince me to give a shit about the game in the first place. Because if it was just generic SAS commando stuff I would have hard passed in 2016. I played Overwatch for years because I loved the characters and the world enough that I decided to spend time in it with other people. I played Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for years too and the reason why is because I liked Mass Effect. If it was any other stickman horde mode simulator, no thanks.

And even if you don't want to participate (and I don't play any multiplayer games right now), the people who do and spend money on it will finance the next single player dream you are going to get. Win win.

Last edited:
Wait, you still have to pay for the MP? :oops:

Nah, free to play is where its at. Game is free to download and shoot people, but you will look like a hobo while doing it. If you want your corpse to be pretty, you gotta buy the skins. Or if the game has a more ruthless approach to skinner loot box design, you gotta pay money for a chance to get the skin you want.

Then there are the games with behavioural psychologists on staff to design a gambling mechanism so predatory, they have made an art out of manipulating you into thinking you have a much better chance than the vanishing odds you actually have. Thats when you get CSGO style crates that should really be banned in every country with a functioning legal system, unless there is substantial compliance with local gambling laws (requiring proof of age and residence etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom