New Game+ ?

+
There should be a way to start a new game with same character/stats/items with extra difficulty... like make it super hard.

Requirement should be: complete every side job, gig, vehicle, main mission, then beat the game. Upon doing so you unlock "psycho" difficulty and play with your same V.

I feel like this game becomes a much more deep RPG when it's played on the highest level. Keeping track of your inventory and while the game forces you to take advantage of every possible option for a single mission. While a new game plus would be cool, I think that restarting on a higher difficulty will scratch that itch for you.

There should be a way to start a new game with same character/stats/items with extra difficulty... like make it super hard.

Requirement should be: complete every side job, gig, vehicle, main mission, then beat the game. Upon doing so you unlock "psycho" difficulty and play with your same V.

So you would want to start over and do everything again after you had do do really everything for this already?

Wouldnt it make more sense to only finish the main story and nothing else to then perhaps not have reached level 50 already when starting over with this char to be able to now really do everything possible with a prepared char that can still grow further?

Guest 3847602

Why not both, but independently form each other? You beat the game on very hard and you unlock additional difficulty and ng+ mode. You can choose to play normal game on newly unlocked difficulty and ng+ on any difficulty you want. It's a win-win.

If you do everything, all the tasks, then there will be nothing to do in the game. The ability to play the same character in New game plus, but be able to choose a backstory this is really necessary

If you are on PC you can use a mod called respector that allows you to play on ng+ https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1263?tab=files&file_id=6165
Post automatically merged:

If you do everything, all the tasks, then there will be nothing to do in the game. The ability to play the same character in New game plus, but be able to choose a backstory this is really necessary

this is your opinion mate, it's not unnecessary if you are into the game and your V. (some initial dialogue requires 20 in some attributes anyway)

NG+ should be made available, even on the normal difficulty. It's not like you need to boost your ego because you were able to beat the game on hard or very hard mode. Casual players are not always interested in long caffeinated nights of gameplay just to be able to beat the game. And the purpose of games is to have fun, no matter what your angle is.

I would definitely like that. The first part of the game is incredible, but doing it second time felt quite long, maybe we could skip some parts at least :)

Maybe player could choose which parts he want to skip? ;)

In W3 a NG+ scale the world based on your level, and put the legendary in front of the stuff to craft, this formula would not work in CP2077, because enemies don´t have a market level, CP have a junior/baby level crafting system, so putting a + in front of the material would not work, and just making the enemies harder to kill would not help, best to just make a nightmare difficult level.
To have a good NG+, i think we need first a balanced game, a real crafting system, and the perks working, so we can feel what is OP and what is not, after that, using a W3 style NG+, can be fun.

For now if are on pc you can use this

Respector

A Cyberpunk 2077 mod for managing player builds in the form of spec files containing player experience, attributes, skills, perks, and equipment, with useful extra features.

New Game Plus
— Transfer your character and equipment between playthroughs
— Try each life path while keeping the experience

Build Management
— Create, store and try different builds switching them on the fly while playing
— Replay the same mission with different abilities and equipment
— Share builds with others

Character Respec
— Adjust your Attributes levels
— Restore all spent Perk Points to redistribute them

Quick Tweaks
— Access items and functions just by typing the in-game name in the search bar
— Spawn weapons, clothing, cyberware, consumables and misc items (cat food, painting, etc.)
— Equip spawned items (especially useful for cyberware)
— Get item packs (stash wall weapons, iconic weapons, clothing sets, etc.)
— Scale items up to your current level
— Unlock all slots for clothing items
— Remove quest marks from the items
— Get money, ammo and crafting components
— Unlock crafting recipes
— Add vehicles to the garage

— Check and manipulate game facts

I like the idea of a new game plus mode.
I rarely finish games, but if it's a world you can get lost in, then it would be a shame to complete the main story and then be done.
I'd rather see the mode activate when the main story is completed, rather than having to jump through hoops.

New Game + for Witcher 3 was good in that it allowed one to start over as though they're fresh off of the Witcher 2 just with different gear than one had at the end of the previous game. Starting off with all of your Master-crafted gear, potions and abilities and later the Grandmaster-crafted gear, makes for an exciting fresh start.
The problem here is that the plot of the game is you start from the bottom and work your way up. Starting from the top with a new game plus would leave us with nothing to gain. Just the ability to re-play things already powerful earlier, One can already do this by not rushing through the story and actually play in Act 1 and Act 2. I spent over 40 hours in Act 1 on my most recent V. I was level 12 when I did the story missions, level 15 when I opened Act 2. One doesn't have to rush to the next story mission the moment one ends. Stop and Smell the roses so to speak, I spent all act 1 farming so when I start act 2 I had more than enough scrap and skills to perform. One doesn't have to do gigs and missions to grind xp. One can farm respawning npc's for skillup and xp gains. I currently have a level 33 V. and I haven't even done a single Act 2 gig, just started to do some of the Act 1 gigs that have gone Low Danger just to take a rest from farming. Try Farming supplies when you're wanting something to do.

I also really miss the "new game +" button.

I went through the game five times in a row, four of which I started like this: I opened the save editor, imported the appearance of V saved from the first playthrough, filled in all the statistics in the same positions and played. The only thing was that the inventory turned out to be empty.

Therefore, I think that adding the ability to start the game from the very beginning, keeping all the inventory, experience and appearance of my V would be very cool 😎

Maybe not a popular opinion, but i find replaying the same scenario over and over again enjoyable only with different builds, characters and approaches. IMHO for maxing out and trying your existing build a new area, gang fortress or battle arena would be much more interesting.

IDK, drop some lore and a call from Dino and flesh out any of the abandoned zones with new, super-chromed gang activity or drop in some uber guarded convoys you can pick your luck with. I expect it might be easier as well to simply place some enemies, loot and other pre-fabs with increased parameters than re-writing all the character and world initialization processes to account for new balance, existing stats etc.

I'd add something else: the only requirement should be to finish the game, and the ability to start a New Game+ SHOUDN'T be a DLC, but included in the main game

Top Bottom