Hidden consequences of non-lethal approach (SPOILERS, obviously)

+
Quite a few times now, i found noticeable consequences for taking non-lethal approach even when the job does not anyhow mentions that non-lethal approach is anyhow preferable / desired.

But, since it's usually difficult to notice such differencies (since it requires reloading and re-doing fight(s) differently), i think we all miss vast majority of such opportunities / cases. And since the game tells absolutely nothing about it, the only way to figure out is to share such experiences among ourselves.

So, let's share any such "hidden consequences" for going non-lethal, in this topic.

And to start, here's one i just found: playing female V, during Pisces quest, if V declares Clouds' independence and demands Maiko to walk away - Maiko ends up attacking V. Right after this fight, if V leaves Maiko defeated, by alive - Judy will give V a kiss and happy talk. If Maiko dies - no kiss (and depressing talk).

P.S. The two Tyger bosses in the same room do not matter, however; Judy couldn't care less about them. And even for peaceful V - may well put a bullet in their heads, even if / after initially dropping them non-lethally. Because i bet they'd crash Clouds if left alive, being who they are - especially with Maiko also alive. Without those two, she'd be way less dangerous. Plus, there is a reward for one of those bosses getting dead from NCPD, so extra eddies, too.

You also getting different dialog from fixers if you choose to go non lethal and dump the body in the trunk of a car vs killing on some missions.

msxyz

Forum regular
Some Regina's gig also have different ending dialogues. For example, if you give to the Mox that 'snuff' BD producer alive, she will comment how he's going to get a taste of his own medicine and that the Moxes will be happy.

There is another Gig where the client is a corrupt policeman who asks for a video: here there are 3 endings: policeman alive, policeman dead and policeman knocked off. The third one will please both Regina and Johnny, the other two will leave one of the two dissatisfied.

Don't know if this is classify as hidden, but if you take down Placide instead of killing him, he sends you text message afterwards.

But is it really worth suffering the save reload hassle for a non lethal playthrough when all you seem to get is a few more bucks. Honestly not found any game changing eye opening reason for it. It's not like it's going to change your lifepath/ending this game is way too shallow for that.

Quite a few times now, i found noticeable consequences for taking non-lethal approach even when the job does not anyhow mentions that non-lethal approach is anyhow preferable / desired.

But, since it's usually difficult to notice such differencies (since it requires reloading and re-doing fight(s) differently), i think we all miss vast majority of such opportunities / cases. And since the game tells absolutely nothing about it, the only way to figure out is to share such experiences among ourselves.

So, let's share any such "hidden consequences" for going non-lethal, in this topic.

And to start, here's one i just found: playing female V, during Pisces quest, if V declares Clouds' independence and demands Maiko to walk away - Maiko ends up attacking V. Right after this fight, if V leaves Maiko defeated, by alive - Judy will give V a kiss and happy talk. If Maiko dies - no kiss (and depressing talk).

P.S. The two Tyger bosses in the same room do not matter, however; Judy couldn't care less about them. And even for peaceful V - may well put a bullet in their heads, even if / after initially dropping them non-lethally. Because i bet they'd crash Clouds if left alive, being who they are - especially with Maiko also alive. Without those two, she'd be way less dangerous. Plus, there is a reward for one of those bosses getting dead from NCPD, so extra eddies, too.
There are many missions like this , i had "hidden mission"(it wasn't on the map) that i found maelstrom gangs making fun of monk and trying to intimidate him by saying they will install stupid amount of cyberware to his body. If you kill them the monk won't say thank you and will tell you that you are no different than them. If you go non lethal he will say thank you for not killing them , and you can find him in front of one megabuilding praying , than engage conversation and he tells you few things about the relic in your head. But still the game has these "consequences" only on side mission or unimportant main missions where the outcome is mild this is why people hated the "RPG" in the game nothing affects the main story.

But still the game has these "consequences" only on side mission or unimportant main missions where the outcome is mild this is why people hated the "RPG" in the game nothing affects the main story.
Why should some random monks have any impact to end game?

Besides, you can meet these monks again and there's more dialogue with them regarding certain things relating to V's situation.

Besides, you can meet these monks again and there's more dialogue with them regarding certain things relating to V's situation.
I liked the monks quest and the follow ups, they tell V's story and end, not going to go into details as i'm sure alot of folks never got that chain through choices made earlier.

You don't get it do you ? Who said monks should have impact on the game ?? all i said is side missions have unimportant consequences , main story decisions are meaningless and linear.

You don't get it do you ? Who said monks should have impact on the game ?? all i said is side missions have unimportant consequences , main story decisions are meaningless and linear.

not a fan of the main story for sure, but some of the random quests are fun and interesting to follow through with. much like Witcher,, it's the devil in the details.

not a fan of the main story for sure, but some of the random quests are fun and interesting to follow through with. much like Witcher,, it's the devil in the details.
Never said it's bad as unimportant i should've rephrased it unimportant to main story point A to point B. And yes i loved the side content more than the actual story they pushed down my throat.

I really don´t see any consequence for going non lethal, you can just get a bonus from the fixer in some missions.

Don´t get me wrong, love the game, still playing, but we can see how incomplete the game is, because the only mission that really do something is the Maelstrom in act1, that was in the demo, you can get acess to weapons shop if doing everything nice, or get a romance, and there is other things for other missions too.

The monks, or both thank you, or just one thank you and the other says you are a bad person.
If you kill or not Maiko, no problem, you still can romance Judy.
Kill or not the animals, no problem, you will still need to kill all the voodoo boys.
Tell Peralez de truth or not, no problem.
Go with River, murder everyone in the club, no problem.
Kill as many animals you want, no problem, still can make the beat of the brat with Rhino.
I must have killed 500 voodoo boys in missions or grinding before starting their mission, they don´t care.
Even cyberpsycho missions, where you need to keep they alive, even if you do or not, no problem, the end is the same (no end!!!)

So, there is really no consequences, if the fixer tell you go silent and you go making kabum, you will still get the paid and the other missions, even the rescue missions, i think there is no way to the VIP gets killed, never manage that.

Edit, forgot to say, the GIM mission, i play this mission yesterday and i go all rambo, no silencer, killing everyone, exploding everything, was a mess, and Placide telling me "this should be a recon mission" LOL, but... no problem!!!

Last edited:
This stuff annoys me the most. The romances should have a full on reject point. I even did full run with being an ass to Judy. I want V to have a POS option.
The only way to not romance Judy is to not help her in the clouds.

All romances are very strange, i am playing female V, and i do not want to romance River, but the game put you in the situation where you will romance him, you need to pay close attention to not romance him, same goes for Judy, and almost the same goes for Panam, the game insist that you try something with her.

Funny fact, where you and Panam are in that house because the storm, i took the dialogue option to break the conversation, because i know i would took a no, and the game breaks, she sleeps, and i just stay sitted there, no dialogue, no skip time, nothing, the game break, had to reload and choose another dialogue, is very difficult to choose the "friend" dialogue.

Guest 4531988

But is it really worth suffering the save reload hassle for a non lethal playthrough when all you seem to get is a few more bucks. Honestly not found any game changing eye opening reason for it. It's not like it's going to change your lifepath/ending this game is way too shallow for that.

Intelligence build and contagion, you generally don't have to reload, everyone is dead before you enter the front door thanks to legendary ping.

Top Bottom