low lvl loot

+
hello there
I am not entirely sure whether its intentional or its a bug....
I just reached Watson to meet new fixer and on the way I stopped criminal activity... when looting the containers, one with the reward in particular, I got a nice Rare Purple Edgerunner jacket... other than it was 5,1 armor...?? Now when I am clearing the side jobs and such.. I am still receiving low lvl loot, like Overture EPIC revolver... with 72 dps...? What the frog? ^^ I am at lvl 18....

hello there
I am not entirely sure whether its intentional or its a bug....
I just reached Watson to meet new fixer and on the way I stopped criminal activity... when looting the containers, one with the reward in particular, I got a nice Rare Purple Edgerunner jacket... other than it was 5,1 armor...?? Now when I am clearing the side jobs and such.. I am still receiving low lvl loot, like Overture EPIC revolver... with 72 dps...? What the frog? ^^ I am at lvl 18....

At 18 your loot is still going to be pretty low level, and your loot is going to depend on the threat level of the world event, too.

At 18 your loot is still going to be pretty low level, and your loot is going to depend on the threat level of the world event, too.

Sorry I meant in Westbrook... When I was doing gigs still in Watson, I was getting much, much better things, uncomparable to this new area.... could u please elaborate on the "the threat level of the world event" what does that mean? :eek:

Sorry I meant in Westbrook... When I was doing gigs still in Watson, I was getting much, much better things, uncomparable to this new area.... could u please elaborate on the "the threat level of the world event" what does that mean? :eek:

Threat level is the difficulty of the mission, more or less. It shows when you hover over a quest on the Map! The higher the threat, the stronger the enemies you're gonna face. I think some items just have a fixed level because... Idunno - So even fresh characters can get em? Or, and this is much more likely - it's just one of those bugs :giggle:

Whats a shame is that I know the purple edgerunner jacket you're talking about and its awesome looking. Its also low in stats and not reliable for anything other than aesthetics and we all know that doesn't help with anything.

My street cred is 36 and I am now encountering some hard-hitting
Threat level is the difficulty of the mission, more or less. It shows when you hover over a quest on the Map! The higher the threat, the stronger the enemies you're gonna face. I think some items just have a fixed level because... Idunno - So even fresh characters can get em? Or, and this is much more likely - it's just one of those bugs :giggle:

Oh, I see.... thank you for reply :)
Post automatically merged:

Whats a shame is that I know the purple edgerunner jacket you're talking about and its awesome looking. Its also low in stats and not reliable for anything other than aesthetics and we all know that doesn't help with anything.

true that :(

So I'm seeing this bug in my playthrough. And I've seen a bunch of posts on reddit also referring to this same bug. Pretty much every lootable quest reward gear item is scaled as if its level 1. Pretty much ruins the quest rewards.

This has nothing to do with whether or not the threat level is high.

Just want to reaffirm: The bug is still going strong for some after the 1.11 Patch.

I'm at level 21, street cred 47 now, and I still mostly get 50-60 dps weapons and 2-5 armor-clothing from random loot all over Night City.

I'm crossposting this from another thread because I'm not getting any feedback about this:

I'm finding that level scaling clothing is kind of broken in 1.11. Can someone do me a favour and check I'm not going mad?

Go to Rancho Coronado North waypoint:

NCPD.jpg

To the south of the waypoint (where the green arrow is), there is an NCPD assault in progress. Kill all of the security guards but don't loot anything. Make note of the armour rating on the clothing that drops from the guards and any clothing in the nearby static container. Save game state, reload and check the item levels again.

If you kill them all while stationary (i.e. use cripple movement + legendary contagion passive + Rippler to root them all in place before you engage), you should get the same loot as me. [edit: note for people in this thread: enemy corpse loot is procedurally generated using a random.seed whose input = xyz coordinates of the enemy at time of death. If you allow an enemy to move, their coordinates will change, the seed output will be different and you will get different items.]

Weapons are fine and remain level scaled through save state but only long as they drop directly on the ground. There is a static container with a white clothing item (Punk Boostweave Biker Jacket for me) that also remains level scaled.

Its any item on the security guard's corpses that are reverting to level 1, which also downgrades the rarity to common/uncommon. This applies to both weapons and clothing inside the corpse container. Thats the only reason I noticed it. The blue items turned permanently white or green after 1 reload.

My observations: Items generated in corpse containers are level scaling correctly on first drop. Once the container exists in the gameworld, if you save and reload the game state, the items inside the container revert to level 1.

On first kill:

NCPD level scaled.jpg

On saving game state, then reloading:

NCPD not level scaled.jpg

The visible corpse model appears to have moved during save/load state but this may just be the visible model, not the invisible container (which contains the loot). Save/loading seems to lift ragdoll objects off the ground and drop them back to earth - something you have all probably observed in your own playthroughs. That or you may have seen character models stand up or t pose before reaching the starting point in their idle animation (after which the animation cycles properly). I don't think it displaces the container.

There are also some containers in the game, mainly NCPD assaults in progress or organized crime activities where the quest completion container will never level scale loot. There are also some items in the game like the Legendary Media Ocuset that never appear to level scale (but this is in 1.1. I still need to verify if this is the case in 1.11).

With few exceptions, the rarity of procedurally generated loot is subject to minimum level requirements so for example, procedurally generated clothing will never roll legendary rarity prior to level 40. You can see this on the netrunner suit in 8ug8ear's safe during the "Gig: Getting Warmer". At level 39 it will always roll epic rarity. At level 40 and above it can be either epic or legendary. The major exceptions to this rule are themed legendary items (always legendary) and boss drops from Sasquash and Oda who will always drop legendary quality items regardless of player level.

There are also some items that are always epic or legendary, even if you do not meet the minimum level requirement (such as the Overture revolver from an Maestrom/NCPD gun fight in Watson or the shotgun from the NCPD organized crime activity next to the warehouse where the main job: Disasterpiece takes place).

Last edited:
I'm going on my third piece of legendary gear looted in the single digits (5.6) from the reward crates durring "ASSAULT IN PROGRESS" events. I'm lvl 19 with 28 street cred. Very disappointing and not very motivating. I was good up until yesterday when I noticed an unusually low piece of clothing and now I see it all the time. Booooo!

Many NCPD Assaults in Progress have non level scaled loot from the quest completion container, before and after patch 1.11.

if you invest in the crafting tree, you can upgrade the items... yes it costs materials, but those are easy to come by (even the legendary ones if you know which vendors to visit)

I understand that but crafting is not and should not be a bandaid for non functioning procedural item generation and level scaling. Crafting has its own problems and it would be equally unsatisfying if the situation were reversed. i.e. fixing crafting by making level scaling legendaries drop like candy so you don't need to deal with rng crafting costs and component acquisition. Theres no point crafting anymore but you get the idea yes?

I understand that but crafting is not and should not be a bandaid for non functioning procedural item generation and level scaling. Crafting has its own problems and it would be equally unsatisfying if the situation were reversed. i.e. fixing crafting by making level scaling legendaries drop like candy so you don't need to deal with rng crafting costs and component acquisition. Theres no point crafting anymore but you get the idea yes?
I know they've messed up the loot distribution in the new patch.. Crafting shouldn't be a fix, as some players don't want to invest points into the skill tree and want to focus on other builds.

Bumping this thread. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP. I have over 300 hours in this game, I have forgiven almost everything shitty about it and I love it, but this, this is unnacceptable. Getting Level 1 loot with horrible stats after finishing the Heist main job.
This loot issue and half the perks not working KILL any will to complete quests or make character progression.

You can help fix it by verifying the observation I submitted above in post number 9. Right now, nobody is doing that so I can't submit a bug report because I don't know if the information I am submitting is complete and accurate and I don't know if this problem is reproducible.

Saying it is unacceptable and calling for a fix ASAP doesn't solve anything because we still do not fully understand what the problem is. If you have time to take screen shots/video to confirm another player's observations and run other testing scenarios so we can confirm your observations, then please do. We can create a high quality data set from which we can submit accurate bug reports. If you don't have the time, thats fine, just don't make bug hunting threads unreadable by filling it with noise.

Devs with access to accurate information about a problem can fix things really fast as demonstrated with the 8mb save file corruptions and the 1.1 item randomization bug.

You can help fix it by verifying the observation I submitted above in post number 9. Right now, nobody is doing that so I can't submit a bug report because I don't know if the information I am submitting is complete and accurate and I don't know if this problem is reproducible.

Saying it is unacceptable and calling for a fix ASAP doesn't solve anything because we still do not fully understand what the problem is. If you have time to take screen shots/video to confirm another player's observations and run other testing scenarios so we can confirm your observations, then please do. We can create a high quality data set from which we can submit accurate bug reports. If you don't have the time, thats fine, just don't make bug hunting threads unreadable by filling it with noise.

Devs with access to accurate information about a problem can fix things really fast as demonstrated with the 8mb save file corruptions and the 1.1 item randomization bug.

You are right. Sounds ironic, but it's my love for this game that made me lose temper. I'm on my third character and NCPD evidence so far after The Heist have all been level 1 for me. This issue, on top of discovering that the Deathbolt Perk doesn't work (which I built this character around) really made me lose it.

So anyways, I did the testing you provided in this precise NCPD mission. A guard had common pants with around 30 defense. Saved and reloaded, guards did "fall down on earth", and the pants have become uncommon with 3 defense.

So, do you think this reloading also affects NCPD evidence? Cause this is the main issue. I have chained quite a few NCPD Assaults without reloading between any of them and I was still getting rare or epic evidence with Level 1 stats.

Edit: As for the uncommon Jacket in the fixed container, it also kept its stats after reloading for me. 70 defense biker jacket.

Many perks either do not work or do not function as described and I want to start moving onto perk bug hunting after I'm done with the item randomisation/level scaling stuff.

But if I create a perk bug hunting megathread it has to work like a Warframe bug hunt. See here: Operation: Orphix Venom - Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!) - PC Bugs - Warframe Forums

This is what I consider to be a good information repository for bug fixing. Note that the PC playerbase has a highly regimented system of reporting. Almost everyone uses the same reporting template. The majority of people provide screenshot or video evidence and state what their observed results are. What the expected result should be. The type of bug (visual/audio/ui/gameplay etc) and if it is reproducible.

This is a constructive approach to problem solving and Warframe devs are able to iterate solutions incredibly fast because they can identify patterns and correlations quickly, they have evidence that a problem exists and it has been independently verified. Ideally, I wish more devs would have public issue trackers to avoid duplicate reporting but what can you do if they don't? Threads like the one above are part of the reason why Digital Extremes can deploy a major content update on Tuesday morning, roll out a hotfix on Tuesday evening and then rollout 2x hotfixes on Wednesday.

In this case, Digital Extremes devs or community team members actively read the forums for bug reporting information. This is not the case with CDPR and Cyberpunk - they maintain a separate bug reporting system. However, I still think the technical/gameplay forum here can benefit from structured bug hunting threads so we can test our theories with other players and submit accurate bug reports via the official channels. This cuts down on the number of false or misleading reports.

For example, in the access point bug thread, at least 2 people submitted bug reports citing the cause of the bug as being the quest: "The Gift". I tested this and posted my observations in that thread where I observed no such relationship.

Last edited:
Many perks either do not work or do not function as described and I want to start moving onto perk bug hunting after I'm done with the item randomisation/level scaling stuff.

But if I create a perk bug hunting megathread it has to work like a Warframe bug hunt. See here: Operation: Orphix Venom - Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!) - PC Bugs - Warframe Forums

This is what I consider to be a good information repository for bug fixing. Note that the PC playerbase has a highly regimented system of reporting. Almost everyone uses the same reporting template. The majority of people provide screenshot or video evidence and state what their observed results are. What the expected result should be. The type of bug (visual/audio/ui/gameplay etc) and if it is reproducible.

This is a constructive approach to problem solving and Warframe devs are able to iterate solutions incredibly fast because they can identify patterns and correlations quickly, they have evidence that a problem exists and it has been independently verified. Ideally, I wish more devs would have public issue trackers to avoid duplicate reporting but what can you do if they don't? Threads like the one above are part of the reason why Digital Extremes can deploy a major content update on Tuesday morning, roll out a hotfix on Tuesday evening and then rollout 2x hotfixes on Wednesday.

Well, that's some incredible dedication from both the players and the devs to find and fix bugs this fast. Props to them. Do we even know if CDPR has taken a similar approach with this official forum? Do they even look at threads?

Anyways, I tried some further testing, there was another NCPD Assault with security guards north of the one discussed earlier. Weapon inside the evidence stash was level 1, I tried to leave the entire area and go back to Westbrook. Saved, reloaded. Came back to Santo and checked the stash again... Still a weapon with level 1 stats.

This is incredibly demotivating.

It doesn't matter if CDPR devs read this forum or not.

In the 1.1 item randomization bug thread, I started with an incomplete and incorrect understanding of what the problem was. I thought sockets were not randomizing. It was only by sharing information and comparing observations with other players that we were able to collaboratively determine that sockets are never procedurally generated. Mods are. There is a hidden mod that disables a socket. When mods stop randomizing, the socket count never changes.

If I did not communicate with other players before submitting a report, I would have submitted false and misleading information and the thing we all want fixed ASAP will turn into stressed CDPR devs looking for needles in the wrong haystack. Its counter productive for everyone concerned.
Post automatically merged:

Anyways, I tried some further testing, there was another NCPD Assault with security guards north of the one discussed earlier. Weapon inside the evidence stash was level 1, I tried to leave the entire area and go back to Westbrook. Saved, reloaded. Came back to Santo and checked the stash again... Still a weapon with level 1 stats.

NCPD assaults are a separate issue. Prior to patch 1.06, the quest completion container for many assaults in progress do not have level scaled loot but these items are not procedurally generated. They are the same item types every time, on every playthrough. For example, if I want a Rockerjack, I know that I can always get one from this NCPD assault: Cyberpunk 2077 - Assault in Progress 920 - Rockerjack with Anti-Puncture Mesh - YouTube

At some point I will need to begin cataloging all the NCPD assaults that never scale past level 1 but it won't be until my third playthrough (I'm still enjoying the game despite its problems).

Last edited:
Top Bottom