Attention to Detail

+
I am always impressed in a game when you find designers have thought about even the smallest visual details, like serial numbers on parts, actual text in newspapers and books, (not just lorem ipsum) and here's an example I saw yesterday by the Lake in South Badlands...

Spotted some 'Amazon-like' parcels dotted about and zoomed in on one, and 'lo and behold' even the labels have been actually detailed with (just about) legible instructions in case someone like me wanted to check that out. I've included some photos in context. What have you seen that impressed you in a similar fashion?

!!Cyberpunk2077 2021-02-04 00-35-47.png

Attachments

• !!Cyberpunk2077 2021-02-04 00-35-47CLOSE.jpg
    !!Cyberpunk2077 2021-02-04 00-35-47CLOSE.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

exxxed

Forum veteran
Loving the attention to detail in regards to vehicles, I'm a petrol head myself and always zoom into this kind of stuff, it's brilliant.

I'd say it's up there with Star Citizen when it comes to OCD design philosophy when it comes to minutiae.

I also love the various graffiti all throughout Night City (ehm, used to be a pass time activity in my hey days :D) very nicely detailed and shows a different side to all the various cultures (Valentinos, Maelstrom, 6th Street etc.).

Funnily enough, I've zoomed in on the parcels in V's apartment as well :D.

I also love the various graffiti all throughout Night City (ehm, used to be a pass time activity in my hey days :D) very nicely detailed and shows a different side to all the various cultures (Valentinos, Maelstrom, 6th Street etc.).
So I wasn't the only one checking those. Most interesting thing in NFS: Heat I went to look info later was street art, wasn't disappointed.

Something that caught me by surprise was products in game, many that we get in our inventory. They really fleshed out those products from mere abstractions like there used to be one or two types and brands of drinks and so on and in the end it contributed to make the city so life like. Ha, putting detail in labels, but it was worth it.

The point is not the content of the tag, the point is that someone spent time into putting such a smaller detail even in a place where it's really unlikely for some one to look at.

Yeah yeah but debugging and fixing glitched quests everybody will see/experience is not important.
Come on, who cares about a random label found on Google Images duplicated on boxes ?

Yeah yeah but debugging and fixing glitched quests everybody will see/experience is not important.
Come on, who cares about a random label found on Google Images duplicated on boxes ?

Oh, but there are a 'million' threads flogging that unfortunate horse, can we not have some posts dedicated to more than whingeing? I think the point others picked up on was that someone bothered to put the content there; they might just have stuck a note saying 'hey thanks for looking here.', either way the point of the gesture is not lost.

even stuff that happens behind a locked door. After the cops walk in they close the door behind them. I figure after that, the game stops the render of the NPCs. Using the appearance changer mod, you can change the closed door to open. And you see the cops talking to their friend.

Last edited:
Not exactly in topic but we visit few times people apartments and we see people hooked up in braindance, bottles, single bed, not very clean apartment. It sort of tells something.

And like in the video above, we visit that apartment and even study it but all the junk items created and put in there, they kind of tell something too about space where this guy's head is.

All that builds towards something and we don't even necessarily realize it and we don't even need to for all that to work. Pretty amazing really.

They(I'm assuming the art team) went all in on the visuals...
If only...if ONLY.. they had time to put in the same amount of effort in the rest of the game.:facepalm:

The amount of detail in the game is just mind-boggling, from items through car & weapon design all the way to Cyberpunk 2020 PnP lore references.

The moment when the attention to detail hit me most was when I discovered...

you can go back to the landfill and Dex's body will still be there, ready for you to loot it for a legendary weapon with eddies as ammo. You can also find Rache Bartmoss in the freezer right next to it. I mean...the actually cared to do it all, instead of just going "quest closed, despawn Dex's body and move on"

It's just mind blowing stuff, honestly. And that's just a tip of an iceberg.

Body language, way people talk, what they talk about. Say certain people in certain position having this even sphere of influence even with sexual aspects, which would make total sense in setting. It's a sum of many parts to get that kind of detail right. Absolutely outstanding. I wonder if they have pheromones in tabletop game but whit in video game limitations, doesn't matter if studio can do this.

Body language, way people talk, what they talk about. Say certain people in certain position having this even sphere of influence even with sexual aspects, which would make total sense in setting. It's a sum of many parts to get that kind of detail right. Absolutely outstanding. I wonder if they have pheromones in tabletop game but whit in video game limitations, doesn't matter if studio can do this.

Agreed. The characters have actual presence and aura.

This is bit tricky but milk is "milk" and actually a lot of food products tell about something and then something that isn't there, like where's the livestock?

Come on man, fixing bugs and technical side of a game isn't obviously a job that everyone in a videogame company is going to be doing.. are you complaining that artists did their job and saying that that their work is meaningless just because you don't care about it? You think that artists or for example audio designers are going to fix bugs? I think their job at the company and games is something completely different
Come on man, you're better than that

Top Bottom