You're playing this game wrong!

+
CDPR devs intended at one point for each life path to dictate your build. Because interestingly if you look at the attributes and perk trees they fall into three character builds. Netrunner, Solo, and techie which were all real character classes in CP2020. They later changed this (most likely) to be more accessible and allow players to get all content through a single lifepath.

Now look at lifepaths. SOLO for STREET KID, Netrunner for CORPO, and TECHIE for NOMAD.
NOMAD you wouldn't know how to do much hacking meaning you would rely heavily on using your tech to build powerful weapons and open doors or alternate paths.
CORPO you would hack mostly everything and be extremely passive in how you interact with enemies.
SOLO you would rip open doors relying on combat power and direct action.

CDPR made it so you can be your own class which is nice but also creates the issue you are all complaining about.
every life path seems pretty much the same. Well duh, if you're playing a SOLO type class in every life path
(which was at one time only intended for a STREETKID) you're going to have a very similar experience.

I've been role playing this way since I played the game.
Which is why a lot of your experiences I just don't get.
I'm a CORPO, I suck at direct combat. I go down in seconds if
I try to take on enemies head on. Which makes stealth for me
super fun because if I mess up, I barely make it out alive half the time.
I also run into many doors I can't open because my tech is too low.
I didn't get Johnnies car because I made a bad decision and and didn't
have another attribute to lean on because I was sticking to my netrunner class.
All my decisions felt like a corpo because my skill checks matched my corpo life path.
And whenever I had a decision I made it within a corpo mindset.

I think some of you are sucking the enjoyment out of this game because
you're not actually role playing. You're being your own V which is fine, but because
you're specing into everything and reading guides you're basically cheating and opening
all content by basically knowing how to spec your character to get all the goodies and
advantageous situations to occur.

I didn't do this. My next run through the game will be extremely different because I will no longer be able to hack
a camera or set someone on fire from 50 meters away parked in my car across the street. But who knows, maybe
I finally might not go down like wet paper lol and I'll see how much fun it is to run around parkour style doing style kills as I
rip and tear through gangers in my SOLO STREETKID run.

Those are self-imposed "limits" - which are contradicted nearly everywhere. How else to explain Dakota and Carol in the Aldecaldos as being "tech savvy" given they hacked an ancient train system and had the only Net connection in the badlands secure enough to connect to Alt's secret BBS? Corpos have direct action teams - just look at the huscle surrounding Meredith Stout. or the scads of Arasaka, Militech private armies. T-Bug, Nix and the like are also solos, but just happen to be Netrunners instead of traditional mercs. Or look at the Netwatch Agent Bryce Mosely in GIM.

You can choose to be anything here, a Nomad who happens to be a Netrunner and a gunslinger (makes sense), a Corpo who crawled up the ranks as a Direct Action guy and learned Netrunning too.

The missing part in the Lifepath base development is someone who can talk their way through situations instead of either breaking in or hacking. There are too few options to be able to talk your way past a situation - perfect example is the three thugs outside Finger's Clinic on Jig-Jig. That would be the perfect fourth rail to build a diplomat type run. Obviously they'd have to invest points elsewhere as talking won't get you everywhere, but that would make for an entirely different type of play.

How are you missing anything because you cannot force open a door or hotwire something? There's always a second (and third, and fourth and fifth) path. You end up in the same place with the same outcome regardless of which path you take there, the only difference is maybe whether you have to leave some loot and more or fewer bodies behind.

Your specs don't matter (half of them don't even work), you can easily go gung-ho through hordes of enemies with zero skill invested in the relevant gun-skill.

Besides, does it look to you like CORPO characters like Oda or Takemura can't handle direct combat? Was Alt Cunningham a CORPO?

G3nome

Forum veteran
what? since when is the player fault if you are playting something "wrong " as you say , isn't that the reason of a well flesh out tutorial? (yes i'm still salty on the jackie montage and how that would be an excelent part to had shown the tutorial)

How are you missing anything because you cannot force open a door or hotwire something? There's always a second (and third, and fourth and fifth) path. You end up in the same place with the same outcome regardless of which path you take there, the only difference is maybe whether you have to leave some loot and more or fewer bodies behind.

Your specs don't matter (half of them don't even work), you can easily go gung-ho through hordes of enemies with zero skill invested in the relevant gun-skill.

Besides, does it look to you like CORPO characters like Oda or Takemura can't handle direct combat? Was Alt Cunningham a CORPO?

Just sounds like you're on easy or normal. Which CDPR did this same thing in Witcher 3 where the way you spec out your character only matters on the harder difficulties. CP is the same, on harder difficulties you have to play to your strengths. If you tried to gung-ho as a netrunner with low body you'll die 9-10 times using that tactic. The only way that would be a viable option on hard would be to have high reflex and body and high cool down the line.
Post automatically merged:

what? since when is the player fault if you are playting something "wrong " as you say , isn't that the reason of a well flesh out tutorial? (yes i'm still salty on the jackie montage and how that would be an excelent part to had shown the tutorial)

Nah, just saying if you pay attention, you could see at one point CDPR
intended to be closer to pen and paper. Your background would have
dictated your dialog while your class would have dictated your attributes.

Currently, you don't have to pick a class. Which doesn't limit you, so why
would you ever have a different experience if you keep having a high body
for instance? In earlier RPG's you were always limited by your classes attributes.
This is what gave Mass Effect such high re-playability.

Last edited:
Just sounds like you're on easy or normal. Which CDPR did this same thing in Witcher 3 where the way you spec out your character only matters on the harder difficulties. CP is the same, on harder difficulties you have to play to your strengths. If you tried to gung-ho as a netrunner with low body you'll die 9-10 times using that tactic. The only way that would be a viable option on hard would be to have high reflex and body and high cool down the line.

Never played on any difficulty below hard. I can easily do an entire mission with a direct assault with my 4 reflex character who has no perks invested in handguns, using nothing but my trusty Lizzie (which is a gun you find for free).

At the end of the day Gear > Specs in Cyberpunk 2077. A netrunner with 3 body can still acquire legendary weapons, armor and cyberware to turn them into a tank, ninja, sniper or whatever they want to be.

Currently, you don't have to pick a class. Which doesn't limit you, so why
would you ever have a different experience if you keep having a high body
for instance? In earlier RPG's you were always limited by your classes attributes.
This is what gave Mass Effect such high re-playability.
Yes to all this. This also includes the endings. If the game was really suppose to be funneled down the LP. Than the endings should have been all restricted to the LP's. Than people wouldn't have said why do the the LP's all lead to the same thing. You can't have it both ways. Either you gives us everything. Which means you properly integrate all the LP's into ALL the endings. Or you limit the game to the LP's. Which makes us replay the game.

Yes to all this. This also includes the endings. If the game was really suppose to be funneled down the LP. Than the endings should have been all restricted to the LP's. Than people wouldn't have said why do the the LP's all lead to the same thing. You can't have it both ways. Either you gives us everything. Which means you properly integrate all the LP's into ALL the endings. Or you limit the game to the LP's. Which makes us replay the game.
I think that certain endings were intended to be restricted to lifepaths, along with certain questlines. However once they started running out of time developing the game, they just merged everything together so the game seemed longer.

I think that certain endings were intended to be restricted to lifepaths, along with certain questlines. However once they started running out of time developing the game, they just merged everything together so the game seemed longer.
I wouldn't be surprised. Either way, the way the game ended up. I wish the LP's where just merged into one character, and had no choice. So the intro would have been: Corpo opening (replace Jackie with another friend who's poor), lose everything, Street Kid intro meet Jackie/Padre, become friends. Nomad mission, Jackie and you are doing the Iguana mission. That would make Act one be about 2 hours longer. Nomad, Corpo, Street Kid dialog would just be tied to attributes. IE: Street Kid (Body/Cool) etc.

I wouldn't be surprised. Either way, the way the game ended up. I wish the LP's where just merged into one character, and had no choice. So the intro would have been: Corpo opening (replace Jackie with another friend who's poor), lose everything, Street Kid intro meet Jackie/Padre, become friends. Nomad mission, Jackie and you are doing the Iguana mission. That would make Act one be about 2 hours longer.
Totally agree

Never played on any difficulty below hard. I can easily do an entire mission with a direct assault with my 4 reflex character who has no perks invested in handguns, using nothing but my trusty Lizzie (which is a gun you find for free).

At the end of the day Gear > Specs in Cyberpunk 2077. A netrunner with 3 body can still acquire legendary weapons, armor and cyberware to turn them into a tank, ninja, sniper or whatever they want to be.

Funny, I have legendary armor yet I still go down in 2 shots. Either you're lying to prove a point, or we're playing two different games. I'm also lvl 40.

Funny, I have legendary armor yet I still go down in 2 shots. Either you're lying to prove a point, or we're playing two different games. I'm also lvl 40.
You can get your defense to the point of feeling nearly invincible, even on very hard difficulty. Unless you face enemies at a higher level than you. I don't know what it is exactly, but there is an enemy damage scaling based on level. If you face yellow or below enemies though you shouldn't be getting 2 shot. For example, at level 40 I was getting 2 shot by MaxTac, but at level 50 I was barely getting scratched by them, while wearing nearly the same gear.

Legendary armor doesn't mean good armor. How many clothing mod slots do you have on your gear and are you slotting them with armadillo mods? What is your total armor? Do you use the cold blood skill to improve your armor with the Defensive Clotting perk?

With cyberware and certain perks you can even be immune to burn, poison, shock/EMP, and bleeding.

you're not actually role playing. You're being your own V which is fine, but because
you're specing into everything and reading guides you're basically cheating and opening
all content by basically knowing how to spec your character to get all the goodies and

you're not actually role playing. You're being your own V

COPERSTELLAR.jpg

Last edited:
CDPR devs intended at one point for each life path to dictate your build. Because interestingly if you look at the attributes and perk trees they fall into three character builds. Netrunner, Solo, and techie which were all real character classes in CP2020. They later changed this (most likely) to be more accessible and allow players to get all content through a single lifepath.

Now look at lifepaths. SOLO for STREET KID, Netrunner for CORPO, and TECHIE for NOMAD.
NOMAD you wouldn't know how to do much hacking meaning you would rely heavily on using your tech to build powerful weapons and open doors or alternate paths.
CORPO you would hack mostly everything and be extremely passive in how you interact with enemies.
SOLO you would rip open doors relying on combat power and direct action.

CDPR made it so you can be your own class which is nice but also creates the issue you are all complaining about.
every life path seems pretty much the same. Well duh, if you're playing a SOLO type class in every life path
(which was at one time only intended for a STREETKID) you're going to have a very similar experience.

I've been role playing this way since I played the game.
Which is why a lot of your experiences I just don't get.
I'm a CORPO, I suck at direct combat. I go down in seconds if
I try to take on enemies head on. Which makes stealth for me
super fun because if I mess up, I barely make it out alive half the time.
I also run into many doors I can't open because my tech is too low.
I didn't get Johnnies car because I made a bad decision and and didn't
have another attribute to lean on because I was sticking to my netrunner class.
All my decisions felt like a corpo because my skill checks matched my corpo life path.
And whenever I had a decision I made it within a corpo mindset.

I didn't do this. My next run through the game will be extremely different because I will no longer be able to hack
a camera or set someone on fire from 50 meters away parked in my car across the street. But who knows, maybe
I finally might not go down like wet paper lol and I'll see how much fun it is to run around parkour style doing style kills as I
rip and tear through gangers in my SOLO STREETKID run.

not sure corpo was planned as a netrunner. nothing in the beginning seems to suggest that. Also looking at cpred, not sure nomads are great techies, seems like they had a totally different focus based on cars and family. Corpo would fit under fixer, or exec/corporates. But Jackie and Vs implied missions suggest to me, a more hands on approach for corpo V.

Nomad and corpo were essentially jobs/roles streetkid is an actual background.

The missing part in the Lifepath base development is someone who can talk their way through situations instead of either breaking in or hacking. There are too few options to be able to talk your way past a situation - perfect example is the three thugs outside Finger's Clinic on Jig-Jig. That would be the perfect fourth rail to build a diplomat type run. Obviously they'd have to invest points elsewhere as talking won't get you everywhere, but that would make for an entirely different type of play.

Is this to say that you can currently not talk your way past the thugs outside Fingers' clinic? because you absolutely can. I have played that part twice now on two different characters with two completely different specs; Nomad netrunner/ninja (Reflexes-Intelligence-Tech, Katana and hacking only) the first time and Corpo "Major Kusanagi" (Reflexes-Body-Cool, Auto Pistols/SMGs and mass vulnerability only) the second time and both times I talked my way past them without a fight.

Is this to say that you can currently not talk your way past the thugs outside Fingers' clinic? because you absolutely can. I have played that part twice now on two different characters with two completely different specs; Nomad netrunner/ninja (Reflexes-Intelligence-Tech, Katana and hacking only) the first time and Corpo "Major Kusanagi" (Reflexes-Body-Cool, Auto Pistols/SMGs and mass vulnerability only) the second time and both times I talked my way past them without a fight.

No, I talked my way past them as both a Corpo and Street Kid in separate playthroughs, and fought them in a Nomad run.

That kind of interaction is the example I'm using that we need more of equally in gig resolutions vs. hack, stealth or outright bang bang.

they had already decided that by 2018. they wanted to have an open game where you could choose any path even after picking one. I think they developed some plotlines that matched certain paths, but whats streetkid's stories supposed to be? Evelyn? Thats not that streetkid ish. I feel like the streetkid concept gets virtually no development.

It actually works pretty well, as a character can progress from nomads to corporate sellout, or corporate sellout to nomad. Its actually kinda weird to leave one Nomad clan, then join another. Or to be chewed up, spit out and betrayed by Arasaka, and then trust them with your life.
Post automatically merged:

you can't always talk past, I remember one char I tried many ways and it all lead to fights. Hmmmm maybe there was a begging option or a payoff option I refused.. its been awhile

No, I talked my way past them as both a Corpo and Street Kid in separate playthroughs, and fought them in a Nomad run.

That kind of interaction is the example I'm using that we need more of equally in gig resolutions vs. hack, stealth or outright bang bang.

Oh ok, I misinterpreted it then. There are actually a lot of situations where this is possible, even when it seems like there isn't. Several encounters that have, say, 3 or 4 possible dialog branches only one will lead to talking it through and all others will lead to a fight. I ran into it a bunch of times when trying out different resolutions.

Top Bottom