Journey pricing

+
I liked this game so much that I have spent +300 hours on it. When I reached Pro Rank a few months ago I felt like I had accomplished something of great difficulty.

The game had a lot going for it even though it was never really balanced but right now it's astonishingly unbalanced and boring.

I've been playing old decks as of late which had granted me fair success in the past, but my winrate has now dropped to a meagre 20%. It's really frustrating.

I fully understand that some decks can be (and must be) a bit more powerful than others (depending on their synergies and the player's deckbuilding skills) but it's unacceptable for a deck with good archetype synergy to perform as poorly as they have been especially since the last expansion.

SK is so powerful now that in the last match I played against it I was beaten in round 3 despite having 2 card advantage and a good hand. Ridiculous.

As of now, it's more about your deck strength than anything else. I would say 75% deck strength, 15 % luck and 10 % skill.

This is my review of Gwent in its current state:

Art - 9/10
Balance and consistency of cards and abilities - 2/10
Fun - 4/10
Lore - 7/10
Interface (on PC) - 8/10
Basic concept of the game (factions, archetypes, abilities, rounds, mulligans....) - 8/10
Reward system and progression - 6/10
Bug-free mechanics - 7/10 (some bugs appear when destroying/spawning units if the row is or will be full, for example)
Different game modes - 5/10
Matchmaking - 7/10 (too slow now)

Sadly, I'm leaving the game, I've grown so tired of it already.
Is someone gonna mention the crazy pricing of Journey? Almost 30e for expansion head up with 25 levels. CDProjectRed is becoming next EA games with this stuff. I don't like it, really.

Is someone gonna mention the crazy pricing of Journey? Almost 30e for expansion head up with 25 levels. CDProjectRed is becoming next EA games with this stuff. I don't like it, really.

The 25 lvls are useless if you start from the beginning( month 1), you can skip that offer :beer:
The common price is 10usd on average, if it goes up it is due to regional taxes. It can even go down, for me the cost is 4usd.

Messyr

Forum regular
As the Premium journeys themselves cost next to nothing (just compare the base price to what for example HS has, offering literally nothing useful in return), I guess you are referring the "Fast travel" option. In this case I'd say it should cost even more - you are technically "cheating your way through" the content, paying for instant gratification. Such mentality should have a painful pricetag indeed.

As the Premium journeys themselves cost next to nothing (just compare the base price to what for example HS has, offering literally nothing useful in return), I guess you are referring the "Fast travel" option. In this case I'd say it should cost even more - you are technically "cheating your way through" the content, paying for instant gratification. Such mentality should have a painful pricetag indeed.

Woah woah, be careful and try do not cut yourself with that edge.

Messyr

Forum regular
Woah woah, be careful and try do not cut yourself with that edge.
Look, I understand your frustration, really.
I also fully accept my standpoint feels edgy for you. Please note though, opinions differ.

I love to work for my achievements, the harder the better. I would say I have a relatively low opinion on players who spend money on things like Fast Travel but I'd contradict myself. The truth is, I'm happy they are spending the money to fund the game.

Up to the point where they start asking for significantly lower costs, or delirious amount of "compensation" for their hard spent money (like receiving the full standard collection and similar nonsense).
Fortunately the pricing model will never grant that.

No one is forcing you to buy the fast travel option; Journey is $10 and its the best priced Season Pass of any game in existence; no other game gives you so much for $10 (other then perhaps SCS Software with their expansions).

Congrats on succeeding in your troll post. Perhaps time to end it here.

Look, I understand your frustration, really.
I also fully accept my standpoint feels edgy for you. Please note though, opinions differ.

I love to work for my achievements, the harder the better. I would say I have a relatively low opinion on players who spend money on things like Fast Travel but I'd contradict myself. The truth is, I'm happy they are spending the money to fund the game.

Up to the point where they start asking for significantly lower costs, or delirious amount of "compensation" for their hard spent money (like receiving the full standard collection and similar nonsense).
Fortunately the pricing model will never grant that.

- Some people don't have much free time to mindlessly grind in the game. No one asked for a full standard collection, but something like all core cards would surely be nice for new players. No one is taking anything from you if they get some cards paying up.
- I hardly call grinding an achievement, more like " i have hours to waste losing games with my starter deck until I can finally craft a gold card" .
- I noticed that the topic is Journey pricing ( guess it was my post that was moved ). However, while premium journey itself it's not that overpriced, fast travel is. ( I would extend the entire "overpriced" thing to the the entire game though ).

Top Bottom