[- SUGGESTION | OPEN LETTER -] I got a slap in the face

+
[/!\ SPOILER /!\]
To the attention of the CD Projekt team

Foreword :

I should point out that this Thread is not open for yet another critique. If there is criticism, it will be constructive. I have taken the game as it is today with my playing experience to elaborate this post.

To recontextualize, you should know that I'm not a fan of the studio, or of any studio for that matter. That doesn't prevent me from appreciating the work. I wasn't particularly expecting the game and only heard that it was in development. I don't follow the communication of a game, nor its marketing events and don't pre-order games.

I wait for the finished product to be released, find out about it, look at some gameplay and if I'm interested, buy it. I'm willing to wait and I don't get caught up in the hype. This kind of buyer profile will start to appear more and more. Moreover on this subject :

To the managers and decision-makers of CD Projekt : In real life, I'm an expert in business strategy and development. With what I've seen in the last few weeks, I've never seen such a level of amateurism and short termism. I am ready to provide you with a report to get you into a long term dynamic for free. Just give me an email. You shoot yourself in the foot in the dynamics you have chosen. You think you're limiting breakage, but you lose enormously in the long run. I tell myself that at this level, it is either voluntary or foolishness.

To the development team and to those who worked directly or indirectly on the game: Drown under the mass of criticism, know that many of us have seen what you wanted to create. We've seen all the work you've done. Thank you ! Your work is not in vain !

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About the game and suggestions

First of all, I got a real slap in the face. I didn't expect anything, since I didn't follow anything. When I bought it, I remember thinking I was going to regret it. Not at all, quite the opposite in fact. In its imperfection, it knew how to seduce me perfectly. I can see the work done, the ambition, the depth, the immersion, the dimension and the most astonishing thing, I can play it again without getting bored !

Someone told me: But there is no replayability!
Already this is wrong, because there are nuances both in the story, quests and in the gameplay, often in a subtle way. But I answer again: Is there replayability in a movie or series you love and you can see more than 20 times ? Players consume video games like fast food. You eat, you throw away and you move on to the next menu. They no longer feed on games but only on hype. Naturally, they are disappointed.

I played on PC, my gaming experience was different. I have a computer capable of running the whole thing perfectly at a constant 60fps. I had a few visual bugs but no bug that hindered my progress in the game. Nothing that broke the total immersion. Cyberpunk has often been compared to GTA but, personally, I don't want to play a GTA Like, I already have GTA5 for that ! Knowing that I don't play it anymore and get bored once finished compared to Cyberpunk 2077.

Suggestions :

• Scenario, main quests, side quests, contracts and random events :

> Just one detail : In the French version at the moment we join Alt and Johnny, what's his problem with V ? He starts insulting everyone and telling them to f*** off as if they've been through nothing together. Again if it was voluntary with a choice of dialogue but not even that ! Dialogues should take into account relationships, especially at such an advanced level of the game. I am not suggesting SIMS but a minimum of coherence in interactions and dialogues.

>
    You have created a universe with a huge possibility of DLCs with the main story but also side stories. There are countless interesting characters.

I think that DLC's as a series should focus primarily on the next "season" so that we can move forward in a long and breathless plot.

One could also think of an important (BIG) DLC that, depending on the end chosen, delivers a unique path. Even if the stories end up intersecting in such and such a place. Gagging those who they want more replayability.

The addition of new zones according to the chosen ending, a new main quest with side quests on several acts.

> We should be able to make more choices and have a greater impact on the environment.

> "We are dreamers" : The final story should contain at least one "Happy" Ends. "We are dreamers" in the name of the main quest.

> The romances should continue in the next DLC's, they often end abruptly. Many players ask for it, but it's not necessarily an intimate scene that interests them but to develop the relationship with the character through different quests. Without the goal of having a SIMS like. Planning more dialogues, activities, quests, interactions seems to be coherent.

> Fixers should provide us with more diversified contracts with contracts that involve gangs other than their own.

> Diversify random events, with ambushes, police roadblocks, gunfights, attacks, chases, raids.

Choose.png

• General atmosphere, immersion :

> Despite the background of Night City, we don't really feel that we are in danger in this city. While a Corporation and all the gangs in the city are looking for us, we don't feel like we're being hunted. We go home without any problems and greet the gun seller and our sports agent. Events according to a predefined criterion (Quests, reputation...) should be triggered with corpos or gangs that ambush us or carry out an attack. On entering certain territories, we should be shot on sight.

>
    For a question of immersion, I first did the contracts, events before doing the main quest and side quests as if that's what he did with Jackie for 6 months. V is dying, his brain is being consumed by a new technology, out of concern for survival, I can't see him driving for someone with a burning implant between his legs.

Scenarios with a timer is hardly adaptable with this kind of quests. It often breaks the feeling of immediate danger. I hope that DLC's will take this into account for those who kept V alive and returned to his body.

Takemura.png

• Enemies, NPC :

> The capabilities of each enemy should be better used. Don't need PV bags to artificially increase the difficulty. With the difference of each enemy class during shootings we should be forced to change our tactic. Even at the highest level of difficulty, the perception of class difference is low, whereas when scanning them you can see that they are under-using their skills.

> Enemies should be able to surprise us during gunfights. The only time this happened was during contracts and events in the Valentino district. It was the first time I was surprised and the enemy came from everywhere. It was the first time in the game that I really felt the danger. Even in front of Smasher.

> I don't expect NPCs to have a daily routine and I don't have fun checking them out. I only expect NPCs to not break the immersion.

> The NCPD is useless. Already, 80% of the time, we are wanted because a pedestrian cannot walk straight and our vehicle is a soapbox. Once these problems are solved, depending on the level of reputation, send us the Max Tac and let them slaughter us.

Max_Tac.png

• Gameplay, leveling, skills, craft :

> For our choom who fight with their fists, it would be great to improve the hand to hand combat. Notably interactions with the enemy.

> Improvement of car driving.

> The current leveling allows you to have a feeling of power as you gain levels. This feeling must continue in the DLCs. Even though V faces more dangerous enemies again. It is necessary to take into account its past, its history, its reputation and its experience. It is after all, the best Merc in night city.

> We can see that the skills tree still has a certain depth while its actual use is only partial. The adventure does not allow a complete and useful use of the skill tree. This is why the next DLCs should take into account the depth of the skill tree and have a more important place. This will require that the DLCs have sufficient content.

> The addition of a possible new class with 3 talents tree.

> Improve the crafting system :
    New blueprints
    To be able to choose the number of items to craft instead of doing it one by one
    The improvement of equipment, slightly reduce the cost of materials needed

Fist.png

• Weapons, Items, Bag, Apartments, Cars :

> The purchase of cars should not be considered as quests.

>
    Apartments are not very useful except for some scenes at the moment. Knowing that one is wanted, I can hardly see V showing up when he has Arasaka on his heels.

In DLCs it could be useful to invite characters in safe house :
    - To see old characters again
    - Discuss (investigate) with a character to advance the story line
    - Learn more about characters, background or the environment

> New items, weapons and cars

Car.png

• Multiplayer :

> The economic model is understandable. From the way it has been oriented and how the information flows, we may wonder if you are preparing a multiplayer similar to a GTA Online. In addition to suggest you another economic model in the point "Scenario, main quests, side quests, contracts and random events". It seems to me that, as it stands, it doesn't very relevant if it has to be like a GTA Online. In any case, I can already tell you that I will not participate in microtransactions.

No particular suggestion because on this kind of game, I don't really expect a multiplayer mode. However, a co-op (online) seems more appropriate to play with some Choom. But you have made your choice since the multiplayer is already in development.

Chooms.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Conclusion :

The suggestions below are mine alone, but I have tried to establish them not in relation to the game I would like to see, but in relation to a global point of view so that everyone can benefit from them.

Like a human, the game and what revolves around it is imperfect. In spite of its imperfections, it knew how to seduce me. While I was expecting nothing, I took a slap in the face. I found a new game where I can play and play again and again. It's like my favorite movies and series. The ones I can watch over and over again without getting tired of. So Cyberpunk 2077 joins the short list of my favorite video games.

This doesn't excuse anything but I thank all the teams who made this game possible. I hope this experience will help create better content. It is in the difficulty that you become better. Let's go on !

Love from France.

Love.png

Last edited:
Already this is wrong, because there are nuances both in the story, quests and in the gameplay, often in a subtle way. But I answer again: Is there replayability in a movie or series you love and you can see more than 20 times ? Players consume video games like fast food. You eat, you throw away and you move on to the next menu. They no longer feed on games but only on hype. Naturally, they are disappointed.
Linear stories are not a problem. Until the company says the game have branching stories that affect things down the line. <--- I expect this to be in the game. You have to reach a certain range. Mass Effect, TW3 etc. If R* came out with a new game series. And it was released in 480i SD resolution. Would you not complain it not being at today's standards? Yes, you can check a box that they did do X in the most basic sway. If I was back in 2004, these options would be amazing. Not anymore.

If I choose to not kill a character. I expect to have story mission(s) open up. To deal with this branching point. To cover my choice in the story I went to. When it doesn't happen. This is fake choice. There was only one outcome. We are back to a linear game. Again, no problem with that. But I did not buy Saints Row. I bought a product emphasizing branching stories.

Cyberpunk has often been compared to GTA but, personally, I don't want to play a GTA Like, I already have GTA5 for that !
What does having gangs and car mechanics mean it has to play like GTA? What people mean, is it has to be polished like GTA. Not be a story like GTA. GTA is one accepted standard of car controls. CP has gangs in it. I expect you to use your characters for your story. Not create things and never use them. That's fake world building.

> I don't expect NPCs to have a daily routine and I don't have fun checking them out. I only expect NPCs to not break the immersion.
Sorry, that was said and talked about in interviews and trailers. So they have to do the work, or be called out for lying. Not the consumers fault. Your company also looks bad. When you spend 8 years talking about your game. Regardless when you started making the game. And other game series, who has fraction of the time and budget. Do said system. This is very similar to the Apple mentality. Samsung does a cool feature on their phone that's very useful. Apple phone cost more. Doesn't have said function.

Last edited:
@hulkman2456

1 ) Yes I understand your comment. For this reason, I would like to make it clear that I am taking into account the game as it is now. This is a fact and must be accepted. The game is as it is. Of course I could have made a post with a cyberpunk version as it was promised (I didn't follow the promises). It's a fantasy. Let's face it, the only logical way to do it is that they improve the game as I go along and bet on a long time to become what it should have been and get closer to it. Through updates, free and paid DLC.

2 ) I mean that if I want to play GTA, I play GTA. And this message is addressed to the "manager/decision-makers" of CD Projekt. Ambition is good, but you have to give yourself the means to achieve it. :)

3 ) The players complain but are the first to pre-order when they have been tricked in the past. This is not the first game since the 90s that has not lived up to its promises. You have to stop being children and take responsibility.

Paulo Coelho says one thing: When you repeat a mistake, it is not a mistake anymore: it's a decision.

Putting the blame on others, even if it's right, prevents yourself from moving forward. Players have the power by changing the way they consume.

The society is going more and more fast and the needs are becoming more and more psychological. How many times have I seen players get "hype", then after the game release, play for three days and finally move on to something else with a thousand excuses.

Change your way of consuming and put pressure on the studios:
- No pre-orders.
- Not following the plan of communication, marketing, development in general.
- Don't buy "DayOne", wait until you can try it and not let the influencers who get paid for it lull you to sleep.

You will see that naturally they will adapt and avoid this kind of situation.

>>> I agree, this is inadmissible, my message is in orange for the decision-makers and the managers. I find this mentality short termist and very small. Everyone will have to take responsibility.

@hulkman2456

1 ) Yes I understand your comment. For this reason, I would like to make it clear that I am taking into account the game as it is now. This is a fact and must be accepted. The game is as it is. Of course I could have made a post with a cyberpunk version as it was promised (I didn't follow the promises). It's a fantasy. Let's face it, the only logical way to do it is that they improve the game as I go along and bet on a long time to become what it should have been and get closer to it. Through updates, free and paid DLC.

2 ) I mean that if I want to play GTA, I play GTA. And this message is addressed to the "manager/decision-makers" of CD Projekt. Ambition is good, but you have to give yourself the means to achieve it. :)

3 ) The players complain but are the first to pre-order when they have been tricked in the past. This is not the first game since the 90s that has not lived up to its promises. You have to stop being children and take responsibility.

Paulo Coelho says one thing: When you repeat a mistake, it is not a mistake anymore: it's a decision.

Putting the blame on others, even if it's right, prevents yourself from moving forward. Players have the power by changing the way they consume.

The society is going more and more fast and the needs are becoming more and more psychological. How many times have I seen players get "hype", then after the game release, play for three days and finally move on to something else with a thousand excuses.

Change your way of consuming and put pressure on the studios:
- No pre-orders.
- Not following the plan of communication, marketing, development in general.
- Don't buy "DayOne", wait until you can try it and not let the influencers who get paid for it lull you to sleep.

You will see that naturally they will adapt and avoid this kind of situation.

>>> I agree, this is inadmissible, my message is in orange for the decision-makers and the managers. I find this mentality short termist and very small. Everyone will have to take responsibility.
i have 300h plus in this game and i can safely say that only the first 6h of the game are what the whole game should have been

besides V story there are side stories that really leave you with more questions than answers for example Sasquatch you either fight her, spare her or completely dodge her you will have no chance to impact the animals lineage sort of say, Susie a cool leader that we barely interact with her same with Rita, Brick , Vodoo boys, Will Gunner, Jenkins, abernathy, Kerry, the greatest solo merc of all time Morgan blackhand and the super ninja Oda there are tons of characters in the game same thing Mr. blue eyes which to me drove my interest for the majority of the game because he is such a foreshadow cool character that made me forget i was dying you see him for the first time after Paralez quest but yet you still left with nothing really , Sandra dorsett and the intel about a secret operation she found about Rogue AI i love whats going on with that and i thought it was gonna lead somewhere but no.
The fight between Militech and Arasaka is still a mistery to me "in the game" how bunch of valentinos are hired behind Padre's back to go attack arasaka facility wearing militech gear this is a glimps of the surface you scratch sadly i started to think at the beginning that i was gonna team up with some factions "besides Aldecados" to go mess with arasaka or worse militech or even join militech through meredith for my biochip at some point because of how much i was digging into the side quests and lore i thought that all those side quests from those fixers were leading me somewhere but i was wrong a barebone skeleton is what it revealed to be i get the fact that maybe the writes wanted leave a mistery on some quest but i mean all the quests are like this every single one of them

Repleyability should be important in games like this i mean you letting me get iconics weapons at the end of the game just to find out that you have nothing left to do in city? i mean why building such a cool city so detailed a whole city just to go on photomode and thats it? that can't be the only in game content the game is missing so many features that are so important for an open map like this not to mention half of pacifica isn't explorable.

ive had people telling me to go do the blue quest once you finished the game instead of doing them early which is the worst advice someone can give your level doesn't even scale which means you'll basically end up one shooting anything by the end of the game giving you 0 challenge

the craft is a mess the economy is a mess the game has perks that are pointless that dont help you in any shape of form example the untedected underwater makes absolutely 0 sense take a look at this
after.png

But regardless of what i said the majority of people will always praise this game even being barebones and this to me creates a bad habit that on the long run will make stuff like this more frequent and this is absolutely bad for the gaming industry.

Last edited:
Now that's what Im talking about, good critique, good points. :DBasically my thoughts about the game.

It needed more time, I still hope CDPR can fix this, but without their's choice this cannot happen and so far they have not shown any concern for the mystical "missing content", so to speak and that worries me.

This is bizarre behavior for the company. I think they're capable of eventually making good on broken promises but the first step is to acknowledge the mistake. And that means acknowledging that this game is incomplete. I think despite the media spectacle they are aware of this or they wouldn't be trying to hire on new programmers. Let's hope we get the rest of this game it would be a true tragedy for this game to die in the state that it's in.

i have 300h plus in this game and i can safely say that only the first 6h of the game are what the whole game should have been
And only about 20 h max(and that being generous) are really fun in the game. I have spent 120 hour on my first playthrough and the rest 100h was basically me having hope that something exciting would happen in the game and somehow it will get on the good track... which didn't happen and I was left dissapointed.

besides V story there are side stories that really leave you with more questions than answers for example Sasquatch you either fight her, spare her or completely dodge her you will have no chance to impact the animals lineage sort of say, Susie a cool leader that we barely interact with her same with Rita, Brick , Vodoo boys, Will Gunner, Jenkins, abernathy, Kerry, the greatest solo merc of all time Morgan blackhand and the super ninja Oda there are tons of characters in the game same thing Mr. blue eyes which to me drove my interest for the majority of the game because he is such a foreshadow cool character that made me forget i was dying you see him for the first time after Paralez quest but yet you still left with nothing really , Sandra dorsett and the intel about a secret operation she found about Rogue AI i love whats going on with that and i thought it was gonna lead somewhere but no.
The fight between Militech and Arasaka is still a mistery to me "in the game" how bunch of valentinos are hired behind Padre's back to go attack arasaka facility wearing militech gear this is a glimps of the surface you scratch sadly i started to think at the beginning that i was gonna team up with some factions "besides Aldecados" to go mess with arasaka or worse militech or even join militech through meredith for my biochip at some point because of how much i was digging into the side quests and lore i thought that all those side quests from those fixers were leading me somewhere but i was wrong a barebone skeleton is what it revealed to be i get the fact that maybe the writes wanted leave a mistery on some quest but i mean all the quests are like this every single one of them

Repleyability should be important in games like this i mean you letting me get iconics weapons at the end of the game just to find out that you have nothing left to do in city? i mean why building such a cool city so detailed a whole city just to go on photomode and thats it? that can't be the only in game content the game is missing so many features that are so important for an open map like this not to mention half of pacifica isn't explorable.

ive had people telling me to go do the blue quest once you finished the game instead of doing them early which is the worst advice someone can give your level doesn't even scale which means you'll basically end up one shooting anything by the end of the game giving you 0 challenge

the craft is a mess the economy is a mess the game has perks that are pointless that dont help you in any shape of form example the untedected underwater makes absolutely 0 sense take a look at this
View attachment 11170085

But regardless of what i said the majority of people will always praise this game even being barebones and this to me creates a bad habit that on the long run will make stuff like this more frequent and this is absolutely bad for the gaming industry.

And only about 20 h max(and that being generous) are really fun in the game. I have spent 120 hour on my first playthrough and the rest 100h was basically me having hope that something exciting would happen in the game and somehow it will get on the good track... which didn't happen and I was left dissapointed.

not trying to offend, but I'm curious, do you normally play a something for 100+ hours before you decide its not for you? thats seems like a lot of time punishing yourself

[/!\ SPOILER /!\]

Foreword :

I should point out that this Thread is not open for yet another critique. If there is criticism, it will be constructive. I have taken the game as it is today with my playing experience to elaborate this post.

To recontextualize, you should know that I'm not a fan of the studio, or of any studio for that matter. That doesn't prevent me from appreciating the work. I wasn't particularly expecting the game and only heard that it was in development. I don't follow the communication of a game, nor its marketing events and don't pre-order games.

I wait for the finished product to be released, find out about it, look at some gameplay and if I'm interested, buy it. I'm willing to wait and I don't get caught up in the hype. This kind of buyer profile will start to appear more and more. Moreover on this subject :

To the managers and decision-makers of CD Projekt : In real life, I'm an expert in business strategy and development. With what I've seen in the last few weeks, I've never seen such a level of amateurism and short termism. I am ready to provide you with a report to get you into a long term dynamic for free. Just give me an email. You shoot yourself in the foot in the dynamics you have chosen. You think you're limiting breakage, but you lose enormously in the long run. I tell myself that at this level, it is either voluntary or foolishness.

To the development team and to those who worked directly or indirectly on the game: Drown under the mass of criticism, know that many of us have seen what you wanted to create. We've seen all the work you've done. Thank you ! Your work is not in vain !

First of all, I got a real slap in the face. I didn't expect anything, since I didn't follow anything. When I bought it, I remember thinking I was going to regret it. Not at all, quite the opposite in fact. In its imperfection, it knew how to seduce me perfectly. I can see the work done, the ambition, the depth, the immersion, the dimension and the most astonishing thing, I can play it again without getting bored !

I played on PC, my gaming experience was different. I have a computer capable of running the whole thing perfectly at a constant 60fps. I had a few visual bugs but no bug that hindered my progress in the game. Nothing that broke the total immersion. Cyberpunk has often been compared to GTA but, personally, I don't want to play a GTA Like, I already have GTA5 for that ! Knowing that I don't play it anymore and get bored once finished compared to Cyberpunk 2077.

Suggestions :

> Just one detail : In the French version at the moment we join Alt and Johnny, what's his problem with V ? He starts insulting everyone and telling them to f*** off as if they've been through nothing together. Again if it was voluntary with a choice of dialogue but not even that ! Dialogues should take into account relationships, especially at such an advanced level of the game. I am not suggesting SIMS but a minimum of coherence in interactions and dialogues.

>
    You have created a universe with a huge possibility of DLCs with the main story but also side stories. There are countless interesting characters.

I think that DLC's as a series should focus primarily on the next "season" so that we can move forward in a long and breathless plot.

One could also think of an important (BIG) DLC that, depending on the end chosen, delivers a unique path. Even if the stories end up intersecting in such and such a place. Gagging those who they want more replayability.

The addition of new zones according to the chosen ending, a new main quest with side quests on several acts.

> We should be able to make more choices and have a greater impact on the environment.

> "We are dreamers" : The final story should contain at least one "Happy" Ends. "We are dreamers" in the name of the main quest.

> The romances should continue in the next DLC's, they often end abruptly. Many players ask for it, but it's not necessarily an intimate scene that interests them but to develop the relationship with the character through different quests. Without the goal of having a SIMS like. Planning more dialogues, activities, quests, interactions seems to be coherent (Without asking for a SIMS Like).

> Fixers should provide us with more diversified contracts with contracts that involve gangs other than their own.

> Diversify random events, with ambushes, police roadblocks, gunfights, attacks, chases, raids.

View attachment 11169827

> Despite the background of Night City, we don't really feel that we are in danger in this city. While a Corporation and all the gangs in the city are looking for us, we don't feel like we're being hunted. We go home without any problems and greet the gun seller and our sports agent. Events according to a predefined criterion (Quests, reputation...) should be triggered with corpos or gangs that ambush us or carry out an attack. On entering certain territories, we should be shot on sight.

>
    For a question of immersion, I first did the contracts, events before doing the main quest and side quests as if that's what he did with Jackie for 6 months. V is dying, his brain is being consumed by a new technology, out of concern for survival, I can't see him driving for someone with a burning implant between his legs.

Scenarios with a timer is hardly adaptable with this kind of quests. It often breaks the feeling of immediate danger. I hope that DLC's will take this into account for those who kept V alive and returned to his body.

View attachment 11169821
  • Enemies, NPC :

> The capabilities of each enemy should be better used. Don't need PV bags to artificially increase the difficulty. With the difference of each enemy class during shootings we should be forced to change our tactic. Even at the highest level of difficulty, the perception of class difference is low, whereas when scanning them you can see that they are under-using their skills.

> Enemies should be able to surprise us during gunfights. The only time this happened was during contracts and events in the Valentino district. It was the first time I was surprised and the enemy came from everywhere. It was the first time in the game that I really felt the danger. Even in front of Smasher.

> The NCPD is useless. Already, 80% of the time, we are wanted because a pedestrian cannot walk straight and our vehicle is a soapbox. Once these problems are solved, depending on the level of reputation, send us the Max Tac and let them slaughter us.

View attachment 11169725

> For our choom who fight with their fists, it would be great to improve the hand to hand combat. Notably interactions with the enemy.

> The current leveling allows you to have a feeling of power as you gain levels. This feeling must continue in the DLCs. Even though V faces more dangerous enemies again. It is necessary to take into account its past, its history, its reputation and its experience. It is after all, the best Merc in night city.

> We can see that the skills tree still has a certain depth while its actual use is only partial. The adventure does not allow a complete and useful use of the skill tree. This is why the next DLCs should take into account the depth of the skill tree and have a more important place. This will require that the DLCs have sufficient content.

New blueprints
    To be able to choose the number of items to craft instead of doing it one by one

View attachment 11169785

>
    Apartments are not very useful except for some scenes at the moment. Knowing that one is wanted, I can hardly see V showing up when he has Arasaka on his heels.

View attachment 11169809

• Multiplayer :

> The economic model is understandable. From the way it has been oriented and how the information flows, we may wonder if you are preparing a multiplayer similar to a GTA Online. In addition to suggest you another economic model in the point "Scenario, main quests, side quests, contracts and random events". It seems to me that, as it stands, it doesn't very relevant if it has to be like a GTA Online. In any case, I can already tell you that I will not participate in microtransactions.

No particular suggestion because on this kind of game, I don't really expect a multiplayer mode. However, a co-op (online) seems more appropriate to play with some Choom. But you have made your choice since the multiplayer is already in development.

View attachment 11169728

Conclusion :

The suggestions below are mine alone, but I have tried to establish them not in relation to the game I would like to see, but in relation to a global point of view so that everyone can benefit from them.

Like a human, the game and what revolves around it is imperfect. In spite of its imperfections, it knew how to seduce me. While I was expecting nothing, I took a slap in the face. I found a new game where I can play and play again and again. It's like my favorite movies and series. The ones I can watch over and over again without getting tired of. So Cyberpunk 2077 joins the short list of my favorite video games.

This doesn't excuse anything but I thank all the teams who made this game possible. I hope this experience will help create better content. It is in the difficulty that you become better. Let's go on !

Love from France.

View attachment 11169788

Nicely done! I appreciate the level of effort you put into this post. I'm still shaking my head that we the fans are now waiting for DLC to come out because the original game fell short in some areas, and I don't think we are going to get what we want in DLCs (I hope we do and that they read these forums) They have to please and listen to the fans first!

not trying to offend, but I'm curious, do you normally play a something for 100+ hours before you decide its not for you? thats seems like a lot of time punishing yourself
Usually, no, but I waited for this game 8 years and wanted to squeeze everything out of it regardless if its a bad game or not and decided not to get a refund because I have some hope left that CDPR will fix the game and add more on top of it that will enhance the experience... So if I made that decision then why not play it and finish the game? The story was engaging enough to at least complete it. And I already stated in my previous post that you quoted why I played it regardless:
I had hopes that the next quest will be good and the next and the next and so on and then had a little hope left that maybe one of the endings will be fine atleast but that did not happened either, so yeah.

So when it comes to me, it wasn't punishement, but rather mindful and hopeful masochism.

Last edited:
[/!\ SPOILER /!\]

Foreword :

Suggestions :

>

> The romances should continue in the next DLC's, they often end abruptly. Many players ask for it, but it's not necessarily an intimate scene that interests them but to develop the relationship with the character through different quests. Without the goal of having a SIMS like. Planning more dialogues, activities, quests, interactions seems to be coherent (Without asking for a SIMS Like).

View attachment 11169827

>

View attachment 11169821
  • Enemies, NPC :

View attachment 11169725

New blueprints

View attachment 11169785

>

View attachment 11169809

• Multiplayer :

View attachment 11169728

Conclusion :

Love from France.

View attachment 11169788

All I wanted to say is you took some great images! Well done choom!

Thank you for your participation !

@PoppyRunner
It is well specified in my post. I agree with you. Even if I write that I've taken a slap in the face, I'm not saying that the game is perfect, on the contrary, imperfect. I got a slap in the face because I realize that I can play this game without getting bored and it is so rare that I try to understand the reasons why. It's also a way to learn about myself.

I could have written a thread with everything I wanted and point out all the current problems in the game. CP2077 realease as it is, we have to accept it. The question to ask: How can we make the game better ? More playable and more enjoyable for the majority ? Of course if Cyberpunk decided to keep their promises, we would all be very satisfied but let's be realistic. The only viable solution is to improve the game over time with updates, free and paid DLCs.

We have the power as consumers. What is the interest of pre-purchasing the game? None, we can very well wait a few days after the release before buying it. It is also our way of consuming that forges the industry.

They have behaved unacceptably and many are disappointed. The game has negative sides, missing elements, bugs, unplayable on some supports. However, there are also good sides that should not be taken away. The human brain tends to focus only on the negative side. Let's be fair.

@Crusher93
If they don't realize how much gold they have in their hands, it's because I overestimated the capabilities of the decision-makers and their strategic vision. All the big companies have very short termist views now. It's getting ridiculous and I'll spare you all the professional stories I could tell you.

I feel like I'm talking to children and I'm sure that managers and decision-makers are the same in the studio. I'm talking about very large companies. They would rather pick three poor beans but have them immediately than pick up an entire field in a few months.

@BullTheDozer
I agree. If they assume the error, legally that gives the right to attack them. Their positions will be legally indefensible in this case. They are capable of keeping their promises but remember that managers and decision-makers only have short termist views. The video game is an entertainment industry, it's all about money. The most realistic thing is that they improve the game over time.

@Itsdacisco
Thank you my choom !

Yes, it's disappointing. CP2077 does not keep its promises. That's a fact. We have to accept that. As I've written before, the most realistic thing is to have an improvement in the game over time. Even if this could have been avoided quite easily.

There is no secret to success :
- Ability to question yourself. Never rest on your laurels.
-Meeting your clients' needs.
-Working hard with love and passion.
-Don't kid yourself !
-Make choices, which naturally involve sacrifice. Choosing means living !
- Act, act, act !
- No paradigms !

A reminder from professional to professional : A company is made to live, to prosper, but a company first and foremost meets a need! If you don't meet your customers' needs, consider your business dead. Because the existence of a business rests solely on this tryptic.

@KungPaoRobot
Thank you Choom ! Hopefully we have the opportunity to take more of them to new environments, new areas ! :)

Well if nothing else CDPR created a very solid launch platform for future content.

They invested a lot in creating Night City and it shows, it wouldn't make sense to me for them just to drop it completely.

I believe, especially with plans for multiplayer, that there's a chance for them to completely overhaul the whole game systematically with new content for years, new stories, new activities etc.

The backbone is there they just need to fix the inconsistencies in the gameplay and the way they approach gameplay loops, there needs to be more to this open world.

Did u read me write i didnt enjoy it? I enjoyed as a usual linear story just like a Call of duty cold war game but ofc i'm disappointed on so many levels impossible to deny it when it comes to the core but im ranting big time on what was promised Besides since it was sold as 3 diff life paths i played it 3 times to see any difference and also just to clarify i played on all 3 runs Pacifist Non-lethal which means that for some people you just go in and guns blazing i just take hours to finish 1 mission stealth also i'm a big fan of the cyberpunk lore and i have books and comics no to mention Trauma team one of the best ones unlike many people who will praise this game not matter what im not afraid to call where the wrongs are and there is many as you can see

Last edited:
Well if nothing else CDPR created a very solid launch platform for future content.

They invested a lot in creating Night City and it shows, it wouldn't make sense to me for them just to drop it completely.

I believe, especially with plans for multiplayer, that there's a chance for them to completely overhaul the whole game systematically with new content for years, new stories, new activities etc.

The backbone is there they just need to fix the inconsistencies in the gameplay and the way they approach gameplay loops, there needs to be more to this open world.

Yes, that's right, it's a solid foundation that they've created so they can build on it for future content. It's an investment and they plan to amortize it.

However, beware of the insidious attraction of seeing modders as the ones who should help them finish the cake. While modders are there to add the cherry on top of the cake. As I wrote above, everyone has to take responsibility.

Did u read me write i didnt enjoy it? I enjoyed as a usual linear story just like a Call of duty cold war game but ofc i'm disappointed on so many levels impossible to deny it when it comes to the core but im ranting big time on what was promised Besides since it was sold as 3 diff life paths i played it 3 times to see any difference and also just to clarify i played on all 3 runs Pacifist Non-lethal which means that for some people you just go in and guns blazing i just take hours to finish 1 mission stealth also i'm a big fan of the cyberpunk lore and i have books and comics no to mention Trauma team one of the best ones unlike many people who will praise this game not matter what im not afraid to call where the wrongs are and there is many as you can see

Yes, we all agree on that. There are errors, too many. If I had to list everything that's wrong on my thread, it would be long and it wouldn't help much either to just have a pointing message, I would be wasting my time and the developers wouldn't take the time to read it.

That's why I created a "suggestion" thread with an open letter to the studio as a client. With constructive criticism, I try to answer the question "Now, how do we make things better?. In order to offer suggestions for moving forward and no longer have to look back. It's a fact, the game is released.

Linear stories are not a problem. Until the company says the game have branching stories that affect things down the line. <--- I expect this to be in the game. You have to reach a certain range. Mass Effect, TW3 etc. If R* came out with a new game series. And it was released in 480i SD resolution. Would you not complain it not being at today's standards? Yes, you can check a box that they did do X in the most basic sway. If I was back in 2004, these options would be amazing. Not anymore.

If I choose to not kill a character. I expect to have story mission(s) open up. To deal with this branching point. To cover my choice in the story I went to. When it doesn't happen. This is fake choice. There was only one outcome. We are back to a linear game. Again, no problem with that. But I did not buy Saints Row. I bought a product emphasizing branching stories.
And that's exactly what we got. Stop fooling yourself with the haters telling you what to think.

What does having gangs and car mechanics mean it has to play like GTA? What people mean, is it has to be polished like GTA. Not be a story like GTA. GTA is one accepted standard of car controls. CP has gangs in it. I expect you to use your characters for your story. Not create things and never use them. That's fake world building.
Cyberpunk has great car controls. They are harder and different with different vehicle. GTA gangs are not as polished as CP2077 gangs. In CP2077 every gang is very different. It is sad that GTA didn't go so deep.

Sorry, that was said and talked about in interviews and trailers. So they have to do the work, or be called out for lying. Not the consumers fault. Your company also looks bad. When you spend 8 years talking about your game. Regardless when you started making the game. And other game series, who has fraction of the time and budget. Do said system. This is very similar to the Apple mentality. Samsung does a cool feature on their phone that's very useful. Apple phone cost more. Doesn't have said function.
What you looked at was gaming journalists creating click baits and you fell for it. Don't blame others for your own mistakes.

However, beware of the insidious attraction of seeing modders as the ones who should help them finish the cake. While modders are there to add the cherry on top of the cake. As I wrote above, everyone has to take responsibility.

Aye, agreed with this, although I feel that CDPR won't do that in fact after the major patches and the fixing of the main mechanics and engine in general I'd wager it would be beneficial for all of us to have them release a fully fledged modding tool.
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpunk has great car controls. They are harder and different with different vehicle. GTA gangs are not as polished as CP2077 gangs. In CP2077 every gang is very different. It is sad that GTA didn't go so deep.

As silly as it sounds, I'm used to car sims (Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, GTR etc.), I find the cars to behave rather realistically with brilliant weight transfer and suspension work - when the physics don't go bananas.

The major problem with driving is the input lag, especially on keyboard, it makes counter steering way too hard and imprecise due to how long it takes for the wheels to turn the other way.

This is where the issue lies, the counter steering happens way beyond the perceived apex so when the player manages to do it it's too late and too abrupt and the car ends up jolting the other way resulting in a crash.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a game that changes the gaming industry for the good. Best games are made with dedication and a CDPR is master of this. There were great studios in the past but most have been bankrupt by low quality rivals like EA who were focused on mass production rather then quality.

I hope Cyberpunk will ensure that other games will change their attitude and see that it is possible to make money from a game without ads and mini-transactions, just with love.

Aye, agreed with this, although I feel that CDPR won't do that in fact after the major patches and the fixing of the main mechanics and engine in general I'd wager it would be beneficial for all of us to have them release a fully fledged modding tool.
Post automatically merged:

As silly as it sounds, I'm used to car sims (Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, GTR etc.), I find the cars to behave rather realistically with brilliant weight transfer and suspension work - when the physics don't go bananas.

The major problem with driving is the input lag, especially on keyboard, it makes counter steering way too hard and imprecise due to how long it takes for the wheels to turn the other way.

This is where the issue lies, the counter steering happens way beyond the perceived apex so when the player manages to do it it's too late and too abrupt and the car ends up jolting the other way resulting in a crash.
Yes, the collisions are often buggy agreed.

I couldn't agree more, it's not in their best interest anyway.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a game that changes the gaming industry for the good. Best games are made with dedication and a CDPR is master of this. There were great studios in the past but most have been bankrupt by low quality rivals like EA who were focused on mass production rather then quality.

I hope Cyberpunk will ensure that other games will change their attitude and see that it is possible to make money from a game without ads and mini-transactions, just with love.

They have laid the foundations for the video game of tomorrow. Attention, like any prototype, there are still many flaws to fix. They find it surely by serendipity. There is still work to be done and they must not be satisfied or rest on their laurels.

They have the choice of economic model. A new solution has emerged thanks to customers. So CD Projekt, what do you choose, peace or glory ? :D

----

I would add to my initial post :

The phone is underutilized like the net. It would be possible to advance plots and quests. Exchange regularly with the characters to learn more about him or the background in general. Picking up chips and reading messages on the computer should not be the only solutions.

Sending text messages, along with phone exchanges should fuel the immersion, the story and even have consequences on some quests/main story.

I would add to my initial post :

The phone is underutilized like the net. It would be possible to advance plots and quests. Exchange regularly with the characters to learn more about him or the background in general. Picking up chips and reading messages on the computer should not be the only solutions.

Sending text messages, along with phone exchanges should fuel the immersion, the story and even have consequences on some quests/main story.

This a million times, even the simple functions of ''hold'' and ''hang up/not answer'' would do wonders, but in general more text messaging between the main characters, like Mama Wells, Misty, Vic, JUDY, Panam etc. would do wonders for these characters.

I actually want to go bowling with cousin Roman rofl :D.

Top Bottom