A ghost in "The Hunt"

+
I don't know if anyone else noticed that there's a ghost figure in the BD of Tony's dad's farm.

She's labelled as Elena Wood which makes some sense as it's the Edgewood farm.

I don't know if I'm missing some meaning here it if it's a bug. Honestly hard to tell in this game. :shrug:

I know exactly what you're talking about. You see her behind the curtains in one of the BDs right? Then she disappears when Anthony Harris gets in the room to check on the sick cow.

Definitely not a bug, I think this is just some sort of creepy easter egg or hint. I found this very interesting, considering the original Edgewood farm owners are not in any way part of Anthony's story.

This is the kind of question I'd love to ask to devs if I had an interview with them.

Yep. She's a shadow behind the plastic curtains and disappears as you step through them. Scanning her gives you her name.

Could be an easter egg, like a hint at Tony's mother, but I'm honestly not sure. I get the feeling quite a few scenarios / settings were reworked during to course of production so I can half see her as a ghost of an old Edgewood subplot.

I'm not sure if the names Wood or Edgewood tie into Tony's subplot at all.

She had a different name in my game.

As for a lot of things in this game, I wonder if it's a bug or intended.

I don't know if anyone else noticed that there's a ghost figure in the BD of Tony's dad's farm.

I don't know if I'm missing some meaning here it if it's a bug. Honestly hard to tell in this game. :shrug:
Yes, kind of creepy. reminded me of a creepy figure in the Tower of Mice in W3.

I'm fairly sure she is meant to be a nod or semi-haunting trauma of Anthony's lost mother, since the BD in question is dealing with deep familial trauma. However, I believe she utilizes the same (or similar) generation as most AI in this game when they manifest for the first time or as you turn around, since only their silhouette is important, this is why the name is different for everyone.

There is also another kind of ghost towards the end of the braindance, as the guy tries to escape outside of the farm, you can see somebody far away, on the right.

i found the both of them, but the first one was called Ashley Harper, not Elena Wood. It should mean something, but WHAT ?
bizarre1.jpg
bizarre2.jpg

For me it was Norah Floyd and it has no affiliation when scanned. And found it very disturbing. But since I know a thing or two about phycology, this led me to believe is the ghost of his mother and since she died in childbirth, and his deadbeat of a father never told him her real name, his broken mind and by extension his BD just generates a random name (for everyone that plays this BD scene) from his memories in the farm and ppl that lived there before or afterwards.

Top Bottom