Important Update

+
Also, I'd give myself the benefit of doubt. The message left honestly seems too childish, I don't think that an hacker capable of breaching a big company internal system would be interested on leaving any trace, especially without telling exactly what the agreement is.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually an "inside job", CDPR victimizing itself to recover some sort of players support.
But who knows, right?
However, If I was an honest and transparent company I would have nothing to fear.

Good response time on this, well-handled and thanks for letting the community know. Don't let the haters bring you down, CP2077 is an ambitious project and all the bones are there. Continue to work on bringing your vision of Night City to life, make sure to cooperate with the modding community and I'm sure within a year we'll all be talking about this game like we still talk about Skyrim.

Also, I'd give myself the benefit of doubt. The message left honestly seems too childish, I don't think that an hacker capable of breaching a big company internal system would be interested on leaving any trace, especially without telling exactly what the agreement is.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually an "inside job", CDPR victimizing itself to recover some sort of players support.
But who knows, right?
However, If I was an honest and transparent company I would have nothing to fear.

While I would say that most company's IT infrastructure and security is suspect, this is a software company. That means most of its staff are programmers and not just a bunch of script kiddies. So I think it has to be an inside job or even a made up thing.

Or it was the techno necromancers from alpha centauri, or it could be Ciri's witch magic.

msxyz

Forum regular
First the exacerbated criticism of the game and now this... Who has CDPR pissed off?
Ex-employees, investors, gamers... it seems it would be far easier to compile a list of people who are not dissatisfied with the current CDPR.

I'd place my bet on a former employee or a disgruntled gamer. I'm old enough to remember well the Half Life 2 leak. Turned out it was true and it was the works of a single German kid, a fan of the series even, who was angry at the company for the repeated delays.

Well, today we celebrate Safer Internet Day.

safe_inter.jpg

Not sure if cdpr deserved this, cause EA or other companies have done a lot worse. unless it was internally done...

Seriously, call me paranoid but these forums have been loading much slower than usual the past couple of days.
---
GL to the CSIRT, give them hell and don't be hesitant to go for a more offensive defense.

Top Bottom