Quickhack and takedowns don't deal damage

+
I run a stealth netrun build, that basically allows me to clear any outpost through walls and stuff. My short circuit one-hit-kills enemies, and with reboot optics I could takedown enemies no problem. But sometimes I get bugged enemies, that won't take any damage from any of my quickhacks (non-lethal ones), nor are getting takedown. After using quickhacks nothing happens, and after using takedown, they get right back up and starts shooting at me. Only thing I can do then is use my guns (thanks to my cyberware, it's non-lethal no matter what, so that's nice) or use reset system quickhack, that circumvents dealing damage. This is not supposed to happen and completely destroys my attempts at stealth playthrough. And before you ask: No, it's not skull enemies, it's normal enemies that I should otherwise one-hit-kill with quickhacks.

Here's proof of that.

Anyone got the same problem? Know why that happens? Maybe got a solution?

I got the same issue too. I even had a sniper that dealt no damage to some enemy, though Some ''invulnerability'' seems to be bound by the distance between you and the ennemy.
one exemple I have is against a gang feud under a bridge.
I had a homing sniper rifle that clearly did hit his target (bloodstain on his back) and I had to enter the "hostile zone" to deal damage.

I haven't tried it yet, but you could try to "reset" your ennemy (i.e reloading a save or messing with the difficulty setting).

Same problem here I tried verify/repair on GOG and I still cannot deal damage through quickhacks and ping does not work anymore. I have tried older saves but the problem is still here.
For now it seems that I cannot play anymore with my netrunner build after +60h of play. It is such a shame

Same problem here I tried verify/repair on GOG and I still cannot deal damage through quickhacks and ping does not work anymore. I have tried older saves but the problem is still here.
For now it seems that I cannot play anymore with my netrunner build after +60h of play. It is such a shame
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now I am able to quickhack correctly, I hope it will not happen again.

I noticed twice when approaching a group of 3 gangoons after a quicksave/load, that they would take no damage from hacks. It has happened 3 times for me in approximately 250 hours game time but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

I suspect it is something that breaks on save/load. Save/load seems to break a lot of things - it breaks level scaling on corpse loot (everything resets to level 1) and it breaks all the top level perks.

One time I went into Arroyo market which is a safe zone that disables cyberware legs. You have to leave the area of the market to get this functionality back except once I save/loaded in the market for an armadillo mod and I did not regain the ability to double jump. This was permanent. I had to reload from an earlier save before entering the market.

Another thing save/load breaks that is relevant to stealth gameplay is if you save/load in a hostile zone, all enemies in the zone will be alerted. After 30 seconds or so, they will usually go back into unalerted state but sometimes, you get enemies that are perma stuck in alert mode. You can skip time 2 weeks, fast travel to the other side of the map and back again and they will still be alerted.

I got this problem while doing the Rogue Gig: "The Union Strikes Back", where the best reaction you get from Rogue is if you do 100% stealth/non lethal.

Top Bottom