Anybody have solution to too low difficulty?

+
Yeah... I'm looking forward to when CDPR get involved with discussions in regards to difficulty, and more importantly NPC AI, since it is lacking somewhat considerably. Till then there's not a lot we can do.

I always hated the bullet spunge elements of Fallout 3/NV/4 and even Skyrim. Luckily, those games have modding support and active modding communities. The AI in those games might be dumber/better or on the same level to that of cyberpunk's but after installing one simple mod most of my issues with the AI are gone - a mod that adjusts limb damage: headshots are almost always lethal, even to enemies with a higher level than yours, other body parts take more damage in general and the same rules apply to you, thus you are also put in a position where you can't survive a machine gun burst from up close or an arrow to the head unless you wear power armor/enchanted gear. A mod/difficulty setting like this in cyberpunk would certainly make most of the game's RPG elements (which are quite weak in this game in my opinion) obsolete. Such difficulty option/mod would put the player in a situation where every fight (be it any of the beginner street gangs, higher level gangs or Arasaka goons) always poses you a threat and forces you to be on your toes. Boom, there's one solution to the difficulty problem.

You can also limit your healing to the ones that give instant health + health per second and not use several of them.

Example:
You take the inhaler that gives 25% hp + 6% hp/s for 30s. And you can't heal until the 30s are over.
For even more challenge you can use the lower versions only.

I think that healing is too easy and powerful in this game so I decided to limit it this way.

Otherwise we just have to wait for mods ^^

You can also limit your healing to the ones that give instant health + health per second and not use several of them.

Example:
You take the inhaler that gives 25% hp + 6% hp/s for 30s. And you can't heal until the 30s are over.
For even more challenge you can use the lower versions only.

I think that healing is too easy and powerful in this game so I decided to limit it this way.

Otherwise we just have to wait for mods ^^
When you have 1k+ health from health % increase mods, perks and body stat then 6% hp/s is still a lot.

@PaBlaise
No. tech weapons are actually pretty weak compared to stealth or hacking.
If single use of contagion can clear whole house while you are on the street in your car running without armor wont help either.

There may be no "one size fits all" solution depending on your playstyle. For the problem you mentioned, one big way you could "create your own difficulty" is to not use ping, or at least the one that lets you quickhack through walls. That would make it so you have to risk more to find and defeat enemies. Use lower level quickhacks in general. Remove cyberware that increases or recovers RAM. Reset your perks and don't learn ones that feel overpowered. For example, unlearning "Neurotoxin" in stealth tree would cut your poison damage in half. Same with "Subliminal Message" in the quickhacking tree.

As for people who use weapons in combat, you can simply cheat in a new version of whatever weapon you like. It will start at Item level 1. Then you can just upgrade it until it "feels right".

Of course, CDPR should have balanced the game better. Just having level scaling enemies would help a lot. I know this is an old-ish thread, and nothing seems to have been done about this issue. But hopefully it's something they're working on.

Please. Cheats, trainers, mods, anything that will keep enemies alive after a poke, more dangerous, more aware or smarter.
Ty in advance
Wait for an ultra nightmare difficulty level patched in or hope some modders will fix it.
Post automatically merged:

On the other hand, having this easy of combat is good for those just looking for story and not long drawn out fights.
Disagree. You can set your difficulty level. If you simply want to follow the story without having the hassle to have challenging fights, simply choose easy when the game asks you which difficulty you wanna play with. But making the highest difficulty reason for "those just looking for story" is imo unacceptable.

Even on the hardest difficulty it doesn't matter if you have maxed out one skill, you're pretty much going to one hit/hack/slice everything hostile to you, I'm in the same boat...

So how do you fix this predicament when increased difficulty is not possible and new game+ is not around the corner?
By creating your own gameplay rules ofcourse!
> not using the weapon class / ability you have maxed out
> don't allow yourself to drop below a certain health level
> always take out enemies in x amount of time
> play aggro when your playstyle is stealth & vice versa
> ....

Hope this helps getting you at least a few more hours of enjoyment!

The hardest go through is stealth melee everyone. Even on easy due to how some targets always have their back to a wall and whistle is a waste of time most of the time as you can't do stealth takedowns like AC.

Story missions are set up to do just this. But the rest of the gigs and randomness on the street can be just forget it.

Even on the hardest difficulty it doesn't matter if you have maxed out one skill, you're pretty much going to one hit/hack/slice everything hostile to you, I'm in the same boat...

So how do you fix this predicament when increased difficulty is not possible and new game+ is not around the corner?
By creating your own gameplay rules ofcourse!
Agree. I don't even like the higher difficulties because I can still oneshot everything, I just die immediately. It's like Devil May Cry's "Heaven or Hell" mode. I could solve that by adding HP/armor I guess.

There was something I forgot to include in my previous post. Since the "easiest" playstyles involve stealth in some way, don't allow yourself to "save-scum". Save once before the mission, and don't quicksave at all during the mission. That prevents you from just quick-loading any time you mess up and are discovered. Force yourself to play through your mistakes and find away to salvage the mission.

Yes. I use PnP rules. I.e based on the Cyberpunk 2020 PnP "realism-based" ruleset.

Set difficulty is High or Very High base.

1. Weapon DPS caps out at about 20x your level, after mods, perks, etc. Armor caps out at around 2000, max. From all sources.

2. No stacking mods. 1 of each mod-type per gear piece. 3 Armadillos? How do you move your arms?

3. Cold Blood skill tree? Skills where you armour up from killing people? No.

4. No in-combat healing at all, outside maybe 1 inhaler (see below). Are you Wolverine? Where does the mass come from? Why would you regenerate damage from murdering people? How? Base regen is silly enough. When you eat food to heal, Skip Time 6 -12 hours.

5. You can use 1 base-level 40% health inhaler per fight. Combat drugs work less well the more you use them. In the RPG, they are also damaging to you in the long run. 1 per fight. PnP rules, you can't actually on-the-spot heal at all.

6. If you die and it's a relatively safe spot, you pay 10,000 eb to TTI after you reload. If it's in a secure or dangerous area or the Badlands/Pacifica, 20,000 eb. To "pay" TTI cost, go to a weapons dealer, buy a weapon(s) worth 10 or 20 grand and scrap it. Can't pay? Restart your game. Disregard glitch deaths and Cop Instant AI deaths.

7. If armour doesn't sufficiently cover the body part, it doesn't count as armour. You can still buy and wear it, but only at the minimum armour value you can find and -no- armour mods at all. Swimsuit into combat, not a great idea.

8. Crafting? Make guns, armour, mods as good as Corp gear by disassembling knives and drinks? No. You can craft to keep weapons up to the 20x DPS level limit, you can upgrade gear for same, that's it.

9. Throw out all "unrealistic" perks. E.G. damage for pistol not dropping with range, rifle damage increasing -with- range, Armour increasing with movement, etc. If it seems like it couldn't work without superpowers or cyberware, and it's a perk, don't take it.

10. Vending gear. Vendors don't buy your found Copperheads. Why would they? You can sell only Epic and up gear. Stuff they want. Junk dealers will take only Common - they'd get rolled for anything more valuable.

Netrunning be pretty broken because NPC AI. If you want to use it, no Quickhacks better than Uncommon - Green. No crafting better either - takes weeks and months to code a good soft. You don't have that time or experience.

1. Weapon DPS caps out at about 20x your level, after mods, perks, etc. Armor caps out at around 2000, max. From all sources.

2. No stacking mods. 1 of each mod-type per gear piece. 3 Armadillos? How do you move your arms?

3. Cold Blood skill tree? Skills where you armour up from killing people? No.
It's cool you're giving roleplay reasons for "handicapping" (balancing?) yourself. Another idea might be to limit the number of mods you can equip based off of what part they cover. Or have movement related mods on feet, damage on eyewear, resistances on masks, etc. I always just metagame and that's something I kinda regret in this game.

I assume you mean you calculate DPS yourself. Just so everyone else knows, the game doesn't seem to factor headshots or crits into its calculation. You can roll both as bonus stats on higher rarity weapons, and the modifiers grow as the weapon levels. IMO it's one of the main ways the game becomes "broken" - 100% crit, high crit dmg, and crazy headshot multipliers, on top of already high base damage. Even without weapon and armor mods, which can pump crit dmg even further. I limit myself to no crit damage mods, and to not roll crit damage or headshot damage on my weapons. Other than that, I upgrade until it "feels" right.

Armor 2000 is kinda tough to get without lots of high level mods and cyberware. As a test, I fully upgraded my armor, and loaded up with all green armadillos (40% + random flat value) - I barely got past 1000. Cold blood was what took me to 2000. I saw a post where someone had 6000 armor, but they must have been fully loaded with legendaries or something. But it doesn't seem to do as much as it should, if anything at all. Maybe it is more noticeable if you have high health as well.

Cold blood does have some crazy strong perks in its tree (like +50% headshot dmg from a single perk, and lots of crit from passives), but it's worth putting one point in the center, just so you start getting XP. Otherwise, you're missing out on a lot of perk points. "Cool" only has 2 trees to level as it is, so it's less efficient than reflex and body. If you're being careful about the perks you choose (or limiting yourself from picking certain ones), you'll still have plenty, though. Stealth in general is broken at higher levels. You can get up to something like 450% sneak attack damage at max cool w/ a silencer. So maybe that balances it out.

If I were to start over, I'd probably just focus on the story rather than completing all the side missions. Focus on developing relationships with certain characters, rather than all of them. Do side missions when I feel like it or they're nearby, rather than compulsively doing all of them. Wear what looks good, use whatever weapons happen to drop, rather than chasing the best loot. A lot of these things just wouldn't be a problem if I was lower level. Maybe that was CDPR's intention. But when they give me a map with all these quest markers, I just have to clear them out.

Funny I did not consider I was making the game more difficult when I decided I did not like the hacking and cybernetics. Too overwhelming for an old guy like me with too many TINY print read outs to read (seriously I cannot believe even you kids can read that print for god sake)!

... So screw it all I will make my character have technophobia (relative to the time they are in, they are still forced to know some tech just to live in this world) so I only had upgraded weapons (the same weapons for the entire game, a Revolver, Panam's Sniper Rifle and the best dam Katana in the game from "up stairs" ;)).

No cybernetics except for the 2x jump so I could do parkour. No hacking at all!

Even set to normal level the Enemies felt perfectly fine to me. Not nearly as bad bullet sponges as I had feared from the demos pre launch.

So it was all cool for me until I reached level 50 and cred 50 with all hand gun and blade perks. THEN the last battle with atom smasher was EASY, almost too easy...

Last edited:
Roll a new character and then at level 13, engage every single VERY HIGH danger rating trash mob, that's what I do now. It is my first play through though.

Top Bottom