Stopped receiving texts from Judy after Pyramid Song

+
Basically the title. Playing Fem V (my 2nd playthrough) and after completing Pyramid Song and romancing Judy for some reason the texts just don't trigger. It's been more than a week of in-game time (around 20h of playtime) and haven't gotten a single one. It's weird, it worked just fine on my first playthrough. It's a bit unfortunate, not only were they really sweet, but it also leads to the player getting the Mox shotgun, a gun that when upgraded to legendary was one of the best shotties in the game. Is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Obviously she dumped you dude.
Oof. Thought this wasn't supposed to be real life simulator...
Seriously now, it's weird. I can still have convos with her about the Peralez quest or the parade, she still keeps thinking of me while not wearing clothes and the game acts as if everything is as it's supposed to be, but I just don't get the damn messages and shotgun. I'm heartbroken xD

Oof. Thought this wasn't supposed to be real life simulator...
Seriously now, it's weird. I can still have convos with her about the Peralez quest or the parade, she still keeps thinking of me while not wearing clothes and the game acts as if everything is as it's supposed to be, but I just don't get the damn messages and shotgun. I'm heartbroken xD

Wait, she actually texts you after completing pyramid song!? My playthrough where I romanced her, she never interacted with me again other then the couple lines of dialogue she has at her apartment and in the epilogue.

Save/reload can trigger things to happen especially if you've been skipping days manually which seems to mess with things.

Progressing other questlines can also trigger the texts aswell as side jobs

All else fails Sovereign or Headsman are better

Wait, she actually texts you after completing pyramid song!? My playthrough where I romanced her, she never interacted with me again other then the couple lines of dialogue she has at her apartment and in the epilogue.

Yeah this was poorly done. I thought maybe she left the city at first like she had said she was thinking of doing. But then much later I started getting message about her going out with friends, I encouraged her because I did not want to seem possessive. But never saw her again until the endgame.

Wham Bam once more then she leaves anyway!!!!

So I wonder if I did the wrong thing?

Last edited:
I did the full romance with her, then completed most of the other side quests and the rest of the game with the "good" ending.

The last Text message I got from her was "Thank You" saying she would call me when she has the detes for the meetup with Maiko. I saved and reloaded the game a ton of times after the "Romance" scene. Bummer that there was at least a few smaller interactions with her after the fact, and they never loaded for me.

This happened to me too on my second playthrough but she did end up texting in the end and I have a theory as to why it was so delayed.

The major difference in my second playthrough is I completed "Pyramid Song" before starting "Gimme Danger" and then "Ghost Town".

I think this ended up creating a sort of "quest crunch" because once you finish "Ghost Town", "Lightning Breaks" will immediately start and once you finish that, it goes straight into "Life in Wartime".

After finishing "Life in Wartime", the remaining Panam missions come within 12 hours of finishing the last one. Takamura will also call you to start "Play it Safe". So I started moving back towards the city and clearing some NCPD hustles on the way until I got to a main road where I could call my car. Before I get there, Panam calls and asks for help in "Riders on the Storm". 12 hours after that, she calls again for "With a Little Help From My Friends".

At this point, Judy probably thinks my V fell off the planet or something, so I just haul ass back to the city so I can get in a "Hi and Bye" before I get ambushed for another mission and another phonecall/text lockout. Well I don't even get as far as Charter Hill when Elizabeth Peralez calls. She needs help in "I Fought The Law". Fuck!

So I go do that since I'm in the area anyway and Judy is going to ask V about it since she recommended her for the job. V's dialogue with Judy also changes slightly depending on whether you have done this job or not.

After completing "I Fought The Law", I'm now close enough to Kabuki and aware enough to not do any more gigs or side missions that I go straight to Judy's apartment and go through the dialogue with her. You can do it on the phone, but narratively I just liked the way the conversation worked in person while leaning out the window. By the way, I get a call from Panam immediately after leaving Judy's apartment for "Queen of the Highway".

Okaaay. So some time after you have this conversion, you will get the little pumpkin text from Judy. It is not solely based on game-time. You can pass as much time as you want and it won't trigger by itself - you have to go complete some missions too. Fortunately, I had "Queen of the Highway" and then River called for "The Hunt" - thats a long and kickass mission. After leaving the farm, I finally got the pumpkin text.

For reference, I finished Pyramid Song at 62 hours game time. I got the pumpkin text at 95 hours game time.

I think I delayed the initial conversation after Pyramid Song for too long, got stuck in a near uninterrupted chain of main/side jobs with call/text lock outs and when enough time passed to make me feel like my playthrough was bugged, I just skipped time to see if I could get the text. I couldn't, so I did 2 or 3 more lengthy side jobs and finally get the text.

Last edited:
Save/reload can trigger things to happen especially if you've been skipping days manually which seems to mess with things.

Progressing other questlines can also trigger the texts aswell as side jobs

All else fails Sovereign or Headsman are better

H*ll yeah!
I quests can apparently be standing in line for you. I just left the church in Pacifica after finishing the quest related.During the next 5 minutes almost every quest line not followed popped up in a row. Actually I got pretty stressed, LOL!
Judy had a plan, Takemura was getting desperate, Peralez wanted to meet again, Mr, Hands congratulated, River Ward invited me to dinner. Even got a message from Placide even though he was dead. I was actually waiting for Adam Smasher to be next, but he didn't call.

That happened to me with Judy's quests too which is why I delayed starting Panam's quests. The game locks you out of receiving texts/phone calls for the duration of most main/side jobs so you don't get an urgent request to do something else when you in the middle of doing an urgent thing. But it ends up causing a massive quest pile up and protracted phone/text lockouts and then you finish a main job and you get phone bombed.

This happened to me too on my second playthrough but she did end up texting in the end and I have a theory as to why it was so delayed.

The major difference in my second playthrough is I completed "Pyramid Song" before starting "Gimme Danger" and then "Ghost Town".

I think this ended up creating a sort of "quest crunch" because once you finish "Ghost Town", "Lightning Breaks" will immediately start and once you finish that, it goes straight into "Life in Wartime".

After finishing "Life in Wartime", the remaining Panam missions come within 12 hours of finishing the last one. Takamura will also call you to start "Play it Safe". So I started moving back towards the city and clearing some NCPD hustles on the way until I got to a main road where I could call my car. Before I get there, Panam calls and asks for help in "Riders on the Storm". 12 hours after that, she calls again for "With a Little Help From My Friends".

At this point, Judy probably thinks my V fell off the planet or something, so I just haul ass back to the city so I can get in a "Hi and Bye" before I get ambushed for another mission and another phonecall/text lockout. Well I don't even get as far as Charter Hill when Elizabeth Peralez calls. She needs help in "I Fought The Law". Fuck!

So I go do that since I'm in the area anyway and Judy is going to ask V about it since she recommended her for the job. V's dialogue with Judy also changes slightly depending on whether you have done this job or not.

After completing "I Fought The Law", I'm now close enough to Kabuki and aware enough to not do any more gigs or side missions that I go straight to Judy's apartment and go through the dialogue with her. You can do it on the phone, but narratively I just liked the way the conversation worked in person while leaning out the window. By the way, I get a call from Panam immediately after leaving Judy's apartment for "Queen of the Highway".

Okaaay. So some time after you have this conversion, you will get the little pumpkin text from Judy. It is not solely based on game-time. You can pass as much time as you want and it won't trigger by itself - you have to go complete some missions too. Fortunately, I had "Queen of the Highway" and then River called for "The Hunt" - thats a long and kickass mission. After leaving the farm, I finally got the pumpkin text.

For reference, I finished Pyramid Song at 62 hours game time. I got the pumpkin text at 95 hours game time.

I think I delayed the initial conversation after Pyramid Song for too long, got stuck in a near uninterrupted chain of main/side jobs with call/text lock outs and when enough time passed to make me feel like my playthrough was bugged, I just skipped time to see if I could get the text. I couldn't, so I did 2 or 3 more lengthy side jobs and finally get the text.
Interesting, guess you're right, it might have something to do with the order of the other quests. In my first playthrough I finished Pyramid Song after about 25 hours, sooner than let's say Panam's or River's questline and the messages started to arrive on a regular basis pretty much right afterwards. This time around I did it after 50 hours and at that point I had already completed both Panam's and River's quests. Gotta say, it was mostly due to a very useful role-playing guide I found on Reddit that specifically stated which missions start at which in game times, that allowed me to plan the progress nicely while maintaining somewhat reasonable V's sleeping schedule and I had no need to skip time manually.
Anyway, since then I completed the second Peralez mission and the parade, had conversations with her about both, but the messages still aren't there. At this point (70h) I'm just a few gigs away from completing every single one, then I'll just have to finish Kerry's quests and some of the more obscure missions like Garry the Prophet's or the scav BD stuff and I'm basically done with the game, so there's not much time left for Judy to finally do something lol.

Same for me, but I figured I never waited long enough before I started act 3 after this.
On my current run I'll be doing things more slowly allowing time for such triggered events.

Usually you do Judy's questions early on, after you hook up with her and girlfriend her she will gradually drop texts to you as you do more missions

They are some nice texts from her but I'd like something more intimate from her. Extra content further down the line can remedy this obvs

Same for me, but I figured I never waited long enough before I started act 3 after this.
On my current run I'll be doing things more slowly allowing time for such triggered events.

I suspect the text delay for me was caused by doing things more slowly on my 2nd playthrough - completing side jobs/gigs on en route to the next big story beat.

On my first playthrough I didn't get a delayed text because I prioritized the main/side jobs. Why? Simple! Because I wanted to know what happens next!

On playthrough 1, I did Down on the Street for Takamura, then M'ap Tenn Pelen before Both Sides, Now, then Ex Factor.

Then I did Ghost Town/Lightning Breaks/Life in Wartime for Panam. Then Gimme Danger. So I kept flipping between the main/side stories and didn't really do any gigs, ncpd stuff and non story heavy side jobs. I got the Judy texts fairly early.

On playthrough 2, I already know what happens and I know what cyberware, mods and perks I want at specific points in the game. I spent much more time doing early ncpd hustles/gigs to get 15 SC for Raven Microcyber. I made time to go do Gig: Serial Suicide to farm up a Legendary Short Circuit. I got Advanced Datamining at level 2 so I could farm eddies real fast for double jump legs and air dodge cyberware.

All this preparation meant that I delayed M'ap Tenn Pelen for too long and I got the call for Both Sides, Now. So I ended up doing that and Ex Factor first, then M'ap Tenn Pelen. Then I immediately get the call for Talkin' Bout a Revolution. Pisces starts 12 hours after that. So I did Down on the Street for Takamura and a gig or 2, then Pisces, then gigs/ncpd then Pyramid Song.

So I completed all of Judy's main and side jobs before starting Panam's main/side jobs or Gimme Danger for Takamura. This lead to a massive quest crunch that kept me out in the Badlands/Charter Hill area for 30+ hours with phone/text lockouts.

So I think if you want to get the Judy texts earlier, you kinda need to not delay doing the main jobs and side jobs for Panam. Like, do them as soon as you get them. Alternate them with Judy's side jobs and leave the gigs and other side stuff for later, since you can get text messages during those.

Okay, so problem's solved itself. Evidently the game realized something ain't right and all of a sudden sent me 4 messages in about an hour. I mean, weird, but at least it's something.

Top Bottom