How is this game after 2 months still unplayable and with visual features still broken, bugs?

+
Because it sold at full price and it had several YEARS of development beforehand. That's why.
Yeah of course, but we have what we have. You are free to refund, to lower the score of the game on Metacritic and Steam and express your opinion. Still expecting it to be turned into something else in 2 months is just unrealistic, obviously it's not gonna happen.

See those are good to you. it is all subjective and individual. I have had very little issues with 2077 since release day. As have millions of other players. See to me, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Spider Man, Days Gone. I have zero interest in and think they look awful in artwork, style and rehased boring game design that offers nothing new. They aren't for me. But I certainly don't crap on other peoples likes and complain just becuse a game im not happy with or like doesn't suit me. it simply solves nothign and is not going to change the pace or way that CDPR works on the game.

Those games offers nothing new ?

Hmmm.. So what is it that cyberpunk offers that is new ?

Cyberware/Implants oh no wait it was already done in Fallout 3 not to same extent but still .....
Modding of weapons oh no this was done way way WAY back, think even could be done in Daggerfall (1996), if you do not know this was first Elderscrolls game for DOS (Disc Operating System), here crafting, classes and leveling of skills was also first seen at least in a first person view game, it was kind of open world as good as it could be done on computers with 512k RAM for base game engine and at most 3.5 more Mb to load rest and VGA graphics with 128k GPU ram or less.

Driving cars/bikes done far far back in GTA at least.

This is what was most dissapointing about CP to me there was no innovation, nothing new, nothing not seen in games before.
Hacking isn't much more advanced then hacking geth in Mass Effect.

As said by others they should played more on skills and let us used the environment to kill, like taking over a car lift and squash enemies or similar, overloading anything electric as engineer maybe instead of just same as mass effect overload skill.

There is just nothing new in Cyberpunk, as a game I would give this game a 6 of 10.

[...]

Yeah of course, but we have what we have. You are free to refund, to lower the score of the game on Metacritic and Steam and express your opinion. Still expecting it to be turned into something else in 2 months is just unrealistic, obviously it's not gonna happen.
Is it? Neither you nor I know this.

If they started from scratch, yes, it would be completely unrealistic. But are they starting from scratch? No.

If they cut a lot of content because it was not yet done, two months is not unrealistic for them to finish those systems and put them into the game (traffic AI? water physics? animations for jumping out of a moving car?).

There are a LOT of basic functions missing from the game right now. You think it is unrealistic to add water splashes from firing a gun into the water in two months unrealistic? I don't. Yet, we have seen nothing of the sort.

I do not know why you are defending them at this point. CD Projekt Red could easily communicate information to clear up questions like this to their player base, but they choose not to. God knows why.

I really enjoyed my first playthrough. I had little to no bugs. (playing on a RTX 3070). It looked great and never crashed on me. 140 hours.

however, the 2nd playthrough revealed just how much everything in this game is just an illusion. There are no real choices or consequences. That really turned my fav view of CP sour. The 3 lifepaths add nothing and i couldn't believe after starting the corpo LP only to end up at the same montage as nomad.

Im curious to hear about the hacking and while of course i still wish the crew of CDPR all the best, its timing seems suspicious. The console versions are still DOA. So many of the flaws like basic, decent AI is still missing. CDPR communication is really not clear either and it doesn't help. Its just a sad feeling after all the hype that its time to move on...until the first DLC at least. I hope they can recover and make good of their promises.

CD Projekt Red could easily communicate information to clear up questions like this to their player base, but they choose not to. God knows why.

They will just put themselves to another corner this way, and if they won't be able to deliver some promised feature like patch or new mechanic or DLC, they'll face a bunch of shit once again. The entire problem started with the fact they promised too much.

If they cut a lot of content because it was not yet done, two months is not unrealistic for them to finish those systems and put them into the game (traffic AI? water physics? animations for jumping out of a moving car?

They just reused AI from Witcher. If they weren't able to improve it in 5 years, I doubt they'll significantly improve now. The same is for physics. It takes years to improve and develop the engine, and their RedEngine was clunky from the very beginning.

Besides, I'm sure that their top priority is to fix the bugs and return the game to Sony's store. Any gameplay improvements, if they come, will come much later.

Seriously people, how do you expect some global improvements in 2 months? That is obviously impossible, and speaking of past gen consoles, I doubt it will ever work in a decent way even with all patches.
As far as I know, refunds are allowed for every platform no matter of the time spent in game, so the best you can do is ask for refund and wait for a better times
How hard can be fix crashes, bugs and improve performance.
Ai, missing content are second tier problems.
They are not capable to solve tier 1 problems.

Those games offers nothing new ?

Hmmm.. So what is it that cyberpunk offers that is new ?

Cyberware/Implants oh no wait it was already done in Fallout 3 not to same extent but still .....
Modding of weapons oh no this was done way way WAY back, think even could be done in Daggerfall (1996), if you do not know this was first Elderscrolls game for DOS (Disc Operating System), here crafting, classes and leveling of skills was also first seen at least in a first person view game, it was kind of open world as good as it could be done on computers with 512k RAM for base game engine and at most 3.5 more Mb to load rest and VGA graphics with 128k GPU ram or less.

Driving cars/bikes done far far back in GTA at least.

This is what was most dissapointing about CP to me there was no innovation, nothing new, nothing not seen in games before.
Hacking isn't much more advanced then hacking geth in Mass Effect.

As said by others they should played more on skills and let us used the environment to kill, like taking over a car lift and squash enemies or similar, overloading anything electric as engineer maybe instead of just same as mass effect overload skill.

There is just nothing new in Cyberpunk, as a game I would give this game a 6 of 10.

[...]
God of war series, Last of US series, Uncharted series, Last Guardian, Bloodborn, Ghost of Tsushima, Shadow of Cholosus either won game of the year at many publishing gaming outlets or are are present in top 100, 10, 20 games of all time in many outlets.
I wonder if he/she even played all this games. :facepalm:
To say " think they look awful in artwork, style and rehased boring game design that offers nothing new"'.
Blasphemy.

Last edited:
They will just put themselves to another corner this way, and if they won't be able to deliver some promised feature like patch or new mechanic or DLC, they'll face a bunch of shit once again. The entire problem started with the fact they promised too much.

They just reused AI from Witcher. If they weren't able to improve it in 5 years, I doubt they'll significantly improve now. The same is for physics. It takes years to improve and develop the engine, and their RedEngine was clunky from the very beginning.

Besides, I'm sure that their top priority is to fix the bugs and return the game to Sony's store. Any gameplay improvements, if they come, will come much later.

Im pretty sure they used the mini map from witcher. It doesnt feel like its meant for a motorized vehicle, it really feels like its meant for a horse/walking.

Guest 4422995

Obviously, but it depends on that stores return policy. If it has one. You should call them and ask so you don't have to go there for nothing.
You are right it depends on their return policy. And different stores have different return and refund policies. I usually buy games from the physical store because it's easy to return. Online stores don't refund games and digital products once they are opened. I think instead they give some kind of gift card. So it is advised to know their return policy before shopping at any store either online or offline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom