Enemy fear component?

+
I was again in Pacifica and saw an obvious deal going down on the beach between two Scavs and some Corpo.
I run up, slide activating my bullet-time and fire one shot into the body guard standing outside the Corpos' car.
After, I turn around a fire one shot into the chest of the Scav now getting out of the passenger door. Now, here's the crazy
part. The Corpo's driver and the remaining Scav take off in fear. They don't even try to fight me. They totally go passive and
run in fear!

My question. Is there some kind of hierarchy to the enemy group we're not acknowledging? And if this is the case, is it possible to target
enemies strategically influencing lower leveled enemies to flee in terror?

The Corpo's driver and the remaining Scav take off in fear. They don't even try to fight me. They totally go passive and
run in fear!

That happens in that encounter (it's repeatable if you return later) and also a few others, but it doesn't happen often.

I once finished a fight and still had the Combat Mode on, and eventually found a lone enemy huddled down in the typical civilian "cower" animation. Wouldn't aggro on me or fight. Since it has only happened once I take that to have been a bug.

I have no idea but I like what I am reading

Now this might be a bug and I'm completely misrepresenting the incident, but while I was playing a Corpo V dressed up in high quality attire the gangs were very hostile all the time, like as soon as I passed by them in the street just trying to get to a drop off point that had a few gang members talking in the car park about ten meters away aggroed me all the time.

Same scenario with a street kid V dressed up as a street kid, the same gang members are completely passive, I can run right up to them and do squats with them never becoming aggressive.

So it's interesting if there's also a fear factor lolz :D.

I can't help but wonder if the AI is smarter than we think and all these things are supposed to be in play all the time, but there's some little bug in the code somewhere interfering with proper reactions.

Same scenario with a street kid V dressed up as a street kid, the same gang members are completely passive, I can run right up to them and do squats with them never becoming aggressive.

I'll give it a test, but I am betting it's not the case. I think some mobs are just set to hang out and be cool (the ones taking pictures of each other for example), and will only aggro if you physically interact with them (bump into them or attack). But others have an aggro radius you can violate and annoy them.

However, the informational vids from CDPR say explicitly that clothes were intended to raise Street Cred, which indicates originally they did want to have NPCs respond to your choice of clothing. It's tough to design a system like that, though, because there's a lot of subjectivity in what is "cool" or which pieces fit into what specific "style".

I'll give it a test, but I am betting it's not the case. I think some mobs are just set to hang out and be cool (the ones taking pictures of each other for example), and will only aggro if you physically interact with them (bump into them or attack). But others have an aggro radius you can violate and annoy them.

However, the informational vids from CDPR say explicitly that clothes were intended to raise Street Cred, which indicates originally they did want to have NPCs respond to your choice of clothing. It's tough to design a system like that, though, because there's a lot of subjectivity in what is "cool" or which pieces fit into what specific "style".

Yeah I don't know, I'm specifically referring to the Tyger Claws here, there was another incident with doing the Jotaro side quest which triggered the Tyger Claws to be more aggressive for a while in Kabuki (?), but after that again I can walk up to the random gangers and they still don't aggro.

Bare in mind I'm not talking about encounter zones, just random groups of them on the street.

For it to be fair to the player and practical to code for the DEV you would need to have visible stats such as:

Logo T-shirt......Cool....Intimating.....Social

corpo/police.....-2............. 0........... -5

Streetkid..........+5............. +1 .......... +2

nomad............0................. -3 ......... +1

As you said LOOKING at the t shirt model and texture a player may say to themselves wow that is cool or another player says "Clown cloths" but the the STATS are what matter. Same kind of thing we do with armor in other games. Actually this may be easier than armor because you can argue the physics' of armor but the cool of a shirt is not up to the person wearing it (the player) is is up to those around you (the NPC/ developer) to make that determination.

Last edited:

Guest 4519094

yup, know that encounter pretty well, for some reason it gives massive amounts of XP,
now for the interesting bit, seen enemies run and just cower in fear like described above
but also if you shoot them before they get out of the cars sometime they just don't get out and
go after you in the car one driving the other shooting, once they hit you with the car the passenger will sometime get out, not always though.

Bare in mind I'm not talking about encounter zones, just random groups of them on the street.

I was going to start a thread about this but it fits here:

Mox will not aggro on V at all, and V is incapable of attacking them. V can walk up to a group of Mox and bump them and they will *pretend* they're aggro'd, but they're *not*. Mox don't display the aggro meter above them.

They will verbally threaten V and draw guns and brandish them, but if V just keeps at them, that's all they will do (in my experience).

Obviously it is a story consideration, but you would think that V being wanted for murdering dozens of cops and civilians would also be a problem for the story, but they just let that slide and be ignored. Just kind of odd.
Post automatically merged:

For it to be fair to the player and practical to code for the DEV you would need to have visible stats

One thing that would be cool is if the gangs got mad if you are wearing THEIR colors. Like you're wearing a Valentinos jacket or a Maelstrom jacket and those gangs see you, they should be super pissed off about that.

I can't help but wonder if the AI is smarter than we think and all these things are supposed to be in play all the time, but there's some little bug in the code somewhere interfering with proper reactions.
Same. Every time I think I have them figured out they do something odd or surprising.

While the subject of the floating icons has come up (the ones above the NPC head) can someone point me to an explanation of them? I think the EYE is telling me they are paying attention to me? But what are the yellow HEARTS? Is this in the player guide? I did not see it in the book yet. I am not impressed with the guide myself.

Last edited:
HEARTS?! Whaaaa?

1613183198728.png

Some reddit people are say the hearts mean "enemy" but these are cops! So I do not think any players have it 100%. I wish the game was better explain by the DEV. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom