Your favorite song from the OST

+
The OST is so well crafted, it`s overwhelming.
I would like to have a general idea of what the gamers think.
I am aware that it`s not easy to choose just a song, but I`d like to invite you go through the 2 CDs and type down a 1 song name that best suits the way you look at the cyberpunk theme, today. If you have a little time, drop a few words on why you chose that particular tune.

Something like this:
Cyberninja
The best beat of all songs in my opinion, a fairly slow type of tune with a sense of rush`ness that would fit perfectly an action scene, driving or working while sitting at the computer, hacking corpos.

I am aware that it`s not easy to choose just a song, but I`d like to invite you go through the 2 CDs and type down a 1 song name that best suits the way you look at the cyberpunk theme, today. If you have a little time, drop a few words on why you chose that particular tune.

Something like this:
Cyberninja
The best beat of all songs in my opinion, a fairly slow type of tune with a sense of rush`ness that would fit perfectly an action scene, driving or working while sitting at the computer, hacking corpos.
Bit morose but Jackie’s Death song gives me goosebumps every time, something about organs just hits different. Really powerful music for me.

For me, there are three that stand out :

-Bells of Laguna Bend: music that perfectly reflects Pyramid Song. A mixture of nostalgia and appeasement, as we visit the vestiges of the past of a character that I greatly appreciate ...

-Cyberninja: my favorite boss fight, what better than good futuristic techno with Japanese vibes, for this character who is Oda ?

-Rebel Path: on Youtube, I broke the replay button. With those fucking violin picking up the rhythm of the beginning of "The Ballad of Buck Ravers", just excellent. :love:

Honestly, at first after reading your post, I thought: Well, there's so many. But then after thinking a little more about it I realized:
Although so much work went into the OST – and I really appreciate it – none of it really connected with me as some other Game Soundtracks do.
I could listen to some Witcher OST (even from 1 and 2), the Nier: Automata OST or Disco Elysium's music over and over. But the music from Cyberpunk 2077 sometimes, for me very seldom, connects with the world or its themes, but mostly doesn't.

I don't know, maybe it's just me...

Hard for me to say. I know whenever im in he car or apartment and turn on the radio I can barely hear anything or even notice a difference when i change a channel.
As for the actual in game music... ick. It is not to my liking at all and I find the combat music to be really really really really annoying.

Guest 3847602

"Never Fade Away", "You Shall Never Have To Forgive Me Again" and "Wushu Dolls"

Something like this:
Cyberninja

That song that always plays in Judy's quest or Judy's portion of the main story quest. No idea the name of the song.

The music played during the Star ending... just a feeling of kinship.

Something like this:
Cyberninja
Fade Away.

It much describes one of core features of cyberpunk in general: formally impossible combination of despair and unbending will to move on towards one's goals. It's when one knows things (the big picture) went south way more than anyhow "fixable", but still refuses to give up and stop trying. The best single word in the whole song, thus, is "somehow", to me (in the "and i’ll do my duty – i know, somehow i’ll find a way" part).

It's a song about human way to go: "die trying". Even when it's utterly silly and useless thing to do. And great music, too.

P.S. If i'm not mistaken, Johnny says "Fade Away" is his favorite, too - when scanning things in the Kerry's 1st location / home, if memory serves. He knows, eh.

too much great music, cant decide
i love all the samurai songs
V (main title screen) is damn powerful
the electric cello in "been good to know ya" rips right throug my soul
the badlands/aldecaldo theme is beautiful
the rebel path makes me want to smash corpos
Post automatically merged:

Fade Away.

It much describes one of core features of cyberpunk in general: formally impossible combination of despair and unbending will to move on towards one's goals. It's when one knows things (the big picture) went south way more than anyhow "fixable", but still refuses to give up and stop trying. The best single word in the whole song, thus, is "somehow", to me (in the "and i’ll do my duty – i know, somehow i’ll find a way" part).

It's a song about human way to go: "die trying". Even when it's utterly silly and useless thing to do. And great music, too.

P.S. If i'm not mistaken, Johnny says "Fade Away" is his favorite, too - when scanning things in the Kerry's 1st location / home, if memory serves. He knows, eh.
iirc chippin in is johnnys favourite

V Limo (new donk shitty)
(sorry j/king, that's gopnik hardbass from Katana Zero :p)

That would be Wushu Dolls, The Rebel Path, Мусорщики & Cyberninja for the OST.
For radios... Dunno much : the cars don't fade out but cut abruptly, so cuts the immersion, and the radio music is not played during a very funny thing to do in the game (driving), so I avoid driving (and so, its music).

The mix have also problems beause all music always seem to start from 0:00 (therefor those "ORGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIATIC" ads all around).

Last edited:
Top Bottom