tech rifle won't fire

+
i keep encountering a bug with the tech sniper rifle in that if you have two different qualities on you some times one will not charge and fire. i found myself completely unable to use my rifle at one point because of this bug but found out eventually that if you drop the bugged weapon and then pick it up again it sorts the bug out and it can fire again. i have not been able to recreate this issue but i thought i'd best tell you how i found to fix the issue in case it affects anyone else.

i keep encountering a bug with the tech sniper rifle in that if you have two different qualities on you some times one will not charge and fire. i found myself completely unable to use my rifle at one point because of this bug but found out eventually that if you drop the bugged weapon and then pick it up again it sorts the bug out and it can fire again. i have not been able to recreate this issue but i thought i'd best tell you how i found to fix the issue in case it affects anyone else.
Had the same Issue, thanks for the fix!!!

i'm constantly having this issue where i can't shoot it. and it always seems to love happening in long range scenarios lol. same with grenades! i keep needing to reload my file to get grenades to work.

Been constantly confused why my tech weps won't work, got a new charge shot gun and it literally could not fire. Have since given up on it, because even scrapping the damn thing persisted the gun to other guns. I have finally gotten to the Keanu section, where it even tells you ON SCREEN that you can charge the gun by holding the fire button. It just fires instantly, no charge at all.
And with the "fix" recommended, you literally cannot drop this gun >_>

Platform: Xbox Series S
Drive: Internal SSD

Tech Weapon failure

JKE - X2 Kenshin Tech Pistol
Nekomata Tech Sniper Rifle

Both weapons worked previously, Had just finished Epistrophy mission saved my game left. Upon returning i answered a crime in progress call draw my Kenshin it wouldn't fire switch to my secondary a Shigure Power Submachine Gun this worked, the next couple of perps were at a distance so I switched to the Nekomata, this would also not fire. Did a reboot of the console to see if it was an issue caused by quick resume.

First crime in progress call after reboot both guns worked fine, so went on to the next call same as before both guns failed to fire but the Shigure would. Took cover went into my inventory and switch my Kenshin to a M-10AF Lexington Power pistol that i'd grabbed off the floor. Dropped a perp using it then switched weapons the Nekomata now fired. Hopped back into my inventory requiped my Kenshin and it now fired again.

I have now just completed two more crimes in progress and both weapons are continuing to work for now.

If you want to use Tech Weapons i would recommend keeping a spare Power pistol in your inventory so you can hot swap them in and out should they fail to fire, until a permanent fix is found.

I have the same issue on PC. Problem now is, I dropped an epic tech pistol and it just bugged inside the ground and I am unable to pick it up. This is super annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-17 170932.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-17 170932.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 816
Once I had the situation too, where I couldn't fire at all. But in my case, it was enough to switch weapons in my inventory (I tried that 2,3 times and suddenly it worked again). That was on PS4 though.

Dude thanks so much for the tip. I was was getting frustrated.

Thank you thank you. So many times I've pulled out my weapon and just nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Will try dropping and picking back up

When you are in the inventory screen, it should say what to hit to drop the weapon.

Have had this issue also affect sprinting, usually have to cycle thru weapons til one fires. Not sure what causes it. Sometimes I think it may be related to trying to change weapons/reload them while getting in a car or riding an elevator. I tend to get this a bit when going back to the apartment.

I've had issues of not firing as well. Also swapping weapons has been a problem a few times. I'd also like to get some type of click or sound when a weapon is out of ammo.

100% seeing the same problem, sometimes save/load will fix it. Sometimes unequip/reequip will but most of the time not

Getting same issue, regularly weapons will only fire until they need reloading, then no weapons will fire, melee weapons stop working. This happens very regularly not just in specific quests.

Also another bug similar, at times weapons get stuck firing after I've released the trigger, it happens with keyboard / mouse, ps4 controller and stadia controller so it's not my controller causing it.

Playing on Google Stadia.

Still a bug, it came about after up[grading my legendary weapon so very thankful to find your drop fix.

Any tips with the following? Bugged Panam and or how to get rid of an inventory full of Johnny's clothes :p

Still a bug, it came about after up[grading my legendary weapon so very thankful to find your drop fix.

Any tips with the following? Bugged Panam and or how to get rid of an inventory full of Johnny's clothes :p
Hi, I only seem to have this happening after modding/upgrading the weapon. Dropping it sorts it out, Save first! It is possible to "lose" them after dropping.
Bugged Panam? More info?
Johnny's clothes is definitely an annoying one, that and things like Rivers Revolver bugging out. There a quest where all your gear needs to be retrieved after your being duped in an BD scam. I have heard if you do this quest the essential markers (exclamation marker) gets removed when you get your gear back. I don't know if this will work on Johnny's gear but reports are that if clears the marker on other items. The quest is called Sweet Dreams.

Top Bottom