Why doesn't V live in Heywood?

+
It would have been an interesting option to place V's apartment in a different megabuilding (different neighborhood) for each background origin. They are largely the same, so the apartment could be identical.

It would have given each origin access to different side jobs and gigs in act 1, which would have made the early game experience more varied. (You'd have to design quests with this in mind from the start, of course.)
As soon as you I read your opening post I wondered how quickly I would find this answer (based off of the grounded equalized setting.)
I personally find this very intriguing if it were the case. I dont even think it would've been that difficult to make happen.

Because Heywood sucks, when the lockdown happened even Jackie a true son of Heywood rather stayed in Watson. Watson got Toms diner and you see their food cartons all over NC and the badlands.

Sincerly yours,
The Watson Toms Diner gang.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about that while looking at the map in-game. I am not even sure why they mark these things on the map, since they really aren't "Your own personal place in Night City". They are basically just an unlocked interior. I tend to stick with the original apartment, as this is the only place with a minimal level of interactions, but any unlocked interior with no hostiles works. The El Coyote is just as much of a "personal place" as the ones marked on the map.

to be honest I rarely go back to the apartment at all, unless I need stash which is rare. I'd probably use it more... if it had a better sound system... crafting while watching TV... maybe an exp buff.. Perhaps if you could customize it enough that it was visually cool.

buuut i really don't need it.

to be honest I rarely go back to the apartment at all, unless I need stash which is rare. I'd probably use it more... if it had a better sound system... crafting while watching TV... maybe an exp buff.. Perhaps if you could customize it enough that it was visually cool.

I like the apartment hub just because it's got the fast travel and drop box right outside your door.

the thing is; V living in watson makes sense if we had the 2018 backstory

qjnoffTD3OilzgJxZaW19-h8dMuaFjkZbEBye-5DA1U.png

I go back every day, shower, and sleep, but I am just a crazy **** that is trying to roleplay a character in a game where the developer has assumed I would be off playing some other game by now.

Nothing is stopping you from making a backstory that fits into the narrative. :)

nothing is, apparently, stopping you from stopping others from trying to discuss why V is living in watson and not in heywood, either;

it's perhaps best if you engage in discussion rather than just throw around "you are allowed to use your imagination" in the thread

It would have been an interesting option to place V's apartment in a different megabuilding (different neighborhood) for each background origin. They are largely the same, so the apartment could be identical.

It would have given each origin access to different side jobs and gigs in act 1, which would have made the early game experience more varied. (You'd have to design quests with this in mind from the start, of course.)

To be clear I’m not hating on the game, I just enjoy discussing story structure as it relates to game design options. Obviously this is “street kid centric” :)

As a Street Kid, V starts her story in Heywood (at the El Coyote), which makes sense since it’s her home turf, where she grew up.
That is interesting idea. V flat location "background depended". As somebody mentioned different megabuilding to make it easy for devs :D

For example if V is street kid they could make lockdown in Heywood and change Heywood quests difficultly to beginner level. At the same time rising the difficulty in other city districts.

brannonb's OP has merit. It would have made a good start to "genuinely different" life paths; as touted pre release by CDPR.

Didn't get it though; not sure how CDPR could retrofit something like that at this stage. :(

brannonb's OP has merit. It would have made a good start to "genuinely different" life paths; as touted pre release by CDPR.

Didn't get it though; not sure how CDPR could retrofit something like that at this stage. :(

The great part is, it doesn't matter! Enjoy the game you got and not what you thought you should have got. That's an extremely poor use of time and energy.

364 hours in and it's about to become my most played Steam game. Bought it for my brother and he's loving it as well.

This is the best game I have played in a long time. Thank-you CDPR!

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

That could have been an interesting take. Like maybe Jackie owned the apartment but due to the lock-down he lets you crash there.
Then it becomes yours if you want it, or pay up the overdue rent to access your life-path apartment in their respective districts.

Don't you feed your cat? :(

But yeah, they should only allow you to craft at home.

The great part is, it doesn't matter! Enjoy the game you got and not what you thought you should have got. That's an extremely poor use of time and energy.
364 hours in and it's about to become my most played Steam game. Bought it for my brother and he's loving it as well.
This is the best game I have played in a long time. Thank-you CDPR!

Oh yeah, I do LOVE this game (400+ hours). I only think it's worth discussing because I enjoy it so much :)

I have a lot of ideas how I'd design the narrative and connected quest systems a bit differently, but I like to hear what other players think about the way the game's story system is set up.

I don't expect CDPR to do anything about the starting setup, as it's water under the bridge. I just enjoy the creative "what if" question about how the game initially sets V loose on Night City :)

Don't you feed your cat? :(

But yeah, they should only allow you to craft at home.

I dont have a cat, I guess I'm not there often enough to trigger whatever is necessary. I don't have any beef crafting anywhere, when I go there for crafting its more mental than anything. It would be cool if certain places provided a different UI, or animations, but it is just fluff

Top Bottom