[Spoiler Alerts] Canon Story

+
I don't think they ever canonized any Witcher 2 ending, where your choices literally affected which kingdoms survived and which did not? Between Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 everything was just streamrolled offscreen by Radovid and Emhyr to ensure the same world state for the beginning of sequel.

I don't think they ever canonized any Witcher 2 ending, where your choices literally affected which kingdoms survived and which did not? Between Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 everything was just streamrolled offscreen by Radovid and Emhyr to ensure the same world state for the beginning of sequel.
In Witcher 3 you are asked a number of questions about how you played Witcher 2 that have consequences on whether certain characters are alive and other circumstances.

however if they tried something similar with cyberpunk 2 - that would be so complex in terms of creating multiple starting points.

or as you say - they just steamroll everything into a blank canvas and it all boils down to a few meaningless dialogue options - far more CDPR’s style based on the current life path system.

I just started a new game in TW3 and it did not ask me anything.

But it doesn't matter because a foreign invader just comes in and annexes it into their empire.

For me the story is self-contained, without any reason for continuation. Prologue-Act 1 - Act 2 - Act 3 - epilogue of choice, and that's that. Story is about becoming a Legend of NC, learning what it means, finding true purpose of life no matter how short it will be in the end and Johnny story arc. All of them are resolved by the final act.
Story has also an artistic value that you may like or not, but it's there and writing any continuation as a post-MQ one will just ruin it.

Going with spin-offs or alternative timelines due to new choices mid-game, ok why not, making new character sure. Problematic is the world stage after the endings tho this can be retconed with short backstory/engrams/relics 2.0 if needed to tie all loose ends of them, but only if there will be need for continuation like Cyberpunk 2/ 2078.

Canon ending will be choose only if there will be siginificat changes to the OG plans with expansions, for me rather unlikely, although this will be done by most common/easiest denominator - this is default ending.
Yet choosing any canon ending will cause righteously uproar since game was about making choices.

I wonder if the endings all having a similar fate has to do with a sequel. Just a random thought but if CDPR were to put out sequel, V would be regarded as a legend by Night City just as much as Johnny is. I think in that scenario, it would be easier to write a new story if V did not survive. If he survived, it would be in the stories told about him/her about how he overcame. Then you have a continuity problem. If V dies in 6 months or is uploaded into Mikoshi, the outcome is the same for lore in a sequel.

Sun/Temperance ending have you go to Afterlife as Johnny and Rogue calls in her AV attack craft, and you go with her and the other african sounding dude. It takes place the same night you made your decision. 6 hours AT MOST of game time.
6 hours? Are you sure about that?

are you sure, choomba.jpg

I wonder if the endings all having a similar fate has to do with a sequel. Just a random thought but if CDPR were to put out sequel, V would be regarded as a legend by Night City just as much as Johnny is. I think in that scenario, it would be easier to write a new story if V did not survive. If he survived, it would be in the stories told about him/her about how he overcame. Then you have a continuity problem. If V dies in 6 months or is uploaded into Mikoshi, the outcome is the same for lore in a sequel.

V may also have become an AI and be with Alt and left his body to Johnny

No way they're gonna make a gender canon.

They already did.

Female V, Judy romance, Star ending, Judy goes with you.

Seriously the entire plot is heavily tilted to female V. I actually messed with the saves to allow male V to romance Judy and the story just becomes so much better this way. Without Judy romance everything is just turned down a notch. Even a Panam romance isn't nearly the same because Panam is already really independent.

If you romance Panam in Sun ending everything just looks so wrong. You're better off romancing Kerry if you want to pick the Sun ending. Still bad but less bad.

Incidentally, Star ending is the only ending where V is seemingly alive when you hear the voice mails. Whereas all other ending it's all a question mark.

Guest 4412420

They already did.

Female V, Judy romance, Star ending, Judy goes with you.

Seriously the entire plot is heavily tilted to female V. I actually messed with the saves to allow male V to romance Judy and the story just becomes so much better this way. Without Judy romance everything is just turned down a notch..
I'm sorry but just because Judy is your favorite character that doesn't mean CDPR made or will make female V as one true canon V. There's literally nothing to support this and I have no idea where you're even getting this from.

I'm sorry but just because Judy is your favorite character that doesn't mean CDPR made or will make female V as one true canon V. There's literally nothing to support this and I have no idea where you're even getting this from.
Whether it's canon is questionable, however I think it's clear that the Judy romance is the most fleshed out one in the game.
I won't be too cocky here with any supposedly canonical statements, but my personal head canon is this: street kid, fem V, Judy romance, Star ending.
There are three possible continuations now:
a) Mr. Blue Eyes reaches out to V anyway
b) Aldecaldos are connected with BioTechnica, a corp that experiments with cloning for decades, doubt that they mentioned it just as a throwaway line
c) BioDyne's 700K €$ nanotechnology treatment of nervous system that was mentioned in the radio
Scenario A could probably be combined with either scenario B or C, it could be a way for V to gather enough scratch to afford the treatment.

Given that I loved the plot of Cyberpunk 2077 and I did not weigh at all a final with a more bitter taste, indeed, I found it moving and poetic, i LOVED it. But now I would like to know from CD Project itself, what is the canonical story that CD Project has chosen
V man or woman?
nomad, street boy or corporate?
Which ending? The Star, The Sun, Temperance or the Devil?
Does the body keep it V or does it go to Johnny Silverhand?
I would genuinely want to know when CD Project wrote the plot as it was canonically conceived
To be honest I'm not sure if I even want to know the answer.
The entire idea for this game was to make your own path to walk, and thus all endings are canon and at the same time none are. This would become true if we judge the game up util what we have right now.

That being said. from whatI know both The Star and The Sun (I believe they are called) are both the best condidate for being canonical for all lifepaths.
The Nomad(blooded) would most likely go find a new beginning in the badlands after discovering the city is but a lie.
And from the other ending you stay in the city as an afterlife legend.
after those cutcinematic endings however both those paths have the best setup to lead into finding a cure for V, probably ending up in the Crystal Palace for the true ending (the one I was fully expecting to play towards after riding the Basilisk).

just my two cents.
I'll add my preferred canon lifepath, same as other have.
>Female Nomad abandonning the Bakkers/Snake Nation as they went in with Corpo's
>Then get to know your future lover via a daring Heist that goes awry (with fatal consequences)
>Into befriending a fellow solo Nomad wh becomes your most trusted friend
>Taking a friend up on their offer to help you with your condition, as thus storm Arasaka and ride off into a brighter tomorrow with your lover coming along as well.
(I like to even forget about the 6 months crap at this point)

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

Whether it's canon is questionable, however I think it's clear that the Judy romance is the most fleshed out one in the game.
I won't be too cocky here with any supposedly canonical statements, but my personal head canon is this: street kid, fem V, Judy romance, Star ending.
Huh. From what I hear Judy's romance was snubbed just as much as Kerry's and River's content-wise, while Panam's is the one that's most fleshed out. But personal canon is not the same as one picked by the developers. Everyone has theirs and they're all just as valid regardless of V's gender, LI or if V even has one.

I do agree about options A and B being possible ways to help V (MS treatment costs that much per month so it's very unlikely V could ever afford it). Though, isn't the corp connected to the nomads called StormTech? That one has holdings/office/lab in the Crystal Palace so, an even better opportunity to tie several endings together.

I do agree about options A and B being possible ways to help V (MS treatment costs that much per month so it's very unlikely V could ever afford it).
You don't need to afford something if you can klep it.

Though, isn't the corp connected to the nomads called StormTech? That one has holdings/office/lab in the Crystal Palace so, an even better opportunity to tie several endings together.
Yes, the Aldecaldos and StormTech are allies.

I don't see the DLC being something after an ending.... I think is something extra to do before the Nocturne OP55N1

There is no canon story. Why does there have to be a canon story? That ruins the game. You are not supposed to feel like your choices are meaningless.
Post automatically merged:

I heard people said that female V seems to fit the story much better than male V, like the story was written for V being female in the first place. Stuff like Judy in the star ending, etc.. I wouldn't know as I only started playing female V.

Plus it makes some of the jokes in the side stories make more sense, such as the GLaDOS delamain cab part as Portal had a female protagonist.

Unless they fix the scripts and stuff to be more gender neutral, I am inclined to think that this game is written for a female V, who romanced Judy and picked star ending.

Even if they had female V in mind when they made most of the characters there is no canon to this game. I do think female V was in mind when they made Judy and Takemura, they really just seem off when you play the storyline as a man. But then again when you are female Johnny seems to not really ever talk about V being in the body of another gender which is really weird, so his storyline goes better with male V.

The characters they made as originals are not supposed to be tied to the lore in a specific way, so that means they are not tied to a canon
Post automatically merged:

I don't see the DLC being something after an ending.... I think is something extra to do before the Nocturne OP55N1
I think the DLC will be continuation of 3 lifepath like timeline variations based on the ending you chose. If you rode off to Arizona you'll do a nomad based path. If you chose to the Devil's ending you'll do a corporate path. If you chose suicide it will probably be a non-path and you'll have to pick another ending. For all the others with blue eyes and outer space, I assume that will be a street kid path.

If they make us wait for like a year before they continue the story, they will turn so many people off to this franchise. They made then endings so empty and unresolved it's like they gave us half a game.

Last edited:
All endings bear some similarity to W3 endings. Some are good, some bad, some neutral. Some terrible.
All push the metastory in some direction. Similar enough that all can be easily tied up in "A few months later" fashion.
But as much as I love Judy+Panam happy ending, the Path of Glory is the cannon. V becomes a legend, replacing the old guard. All she has to do is not die...
Also New Dawn may be canon, because of the CDPR unfounded and unexplained love for Johnny Silverhand.
But I believe in All Along the Watchtower.

All endings bear some similarity to W3 endings. Some are good, some bad, some neutral. Some terrible.
All push the metastory in some direction. Similar enough that all can be easily tied up in "A few months later" fashion.
But as much as I love Judy+Panam happy ending, the Path of Glory is the cannon. V becomes a legend, replacing the old guard. All she has to do is not die...
Also New Dawn may be canon, because of the CDPR unfounded and unexplained love for Johnny Silverhand.
But I believe in All Along the Watchtower.
There's no canon.

Top Bottom