Cred where cred is do!

+
Ok, so I finished the game on Don't fear the reaper after about 150 hours of grinding (max out all perks and weapons and attributes) to make sure the end game was relatively easy for me. I rather grind on the front end of the game than struggle on the end of the game.

Anyway, part of the grind was to make sure i did EVERY gig and side quest. I literally cleared every marker on the map except for buying cars BEFORE I did the endgame!

However...

After the end game when I am sent back to the "point of no return" I am now seeing police scanner gigs popping up here and there on the map everytime I boot up the game now. Was this all hidden until I did the endgame? I KNOW I cleared the map markers before the endgame run, these were not here before.

And I am not talking about the little blue crime "clubs" where it is just a few street enemies I am talking about actual hidden locations that were not shown before.

If this is "endgame" content then I did not give the DEV enough credit previously and I am a little happier with my game purchase now.

Ok, so I finished the game on Don't fear the reaper after about 150 hours of grinding (max out all perks and weapons and attributes) to make sure the end game was relatively easy for me. I rather grind on the front end of the game than struggle on the end of the game.

Anyway, part of the grind was to make sure i did EVERY gig and side quest. I literally cleared every marker on the map except for buying cars BEFORE I did the endgame!

However...

After the end game when I am sent back to the "point of no return" I am now seeing police scanner gigs popping up here and there on the map everytime I boot up the game now. Was this all hidden until I did the endgame? I KNOW I cleared the map markers before the endgame run, these were not here before.

And I am not talking about the little blue crime "clubs" where it is just a few street enemies I am talking about actual hidden locations that were not shown before.

If this is "endgame" content than I did not give the DEV enough credit previously and I am a little happier with my game purchase now.
Just a basic question: to what point in (game)time were you send back to?
I happen to have made a safegame right in front of the Embers doorway and I was send back there, not sure how it works with autosaves, and where're planted back in the world then.

It would be cool tjough if this may turn into evidence of there being newly unlocked locations and mission After you completed the game.
It would feel a bit weird as continuity is xoncerned but still. Would live to hear its truly new stuff that was not accessible up front.

Just a basic question: to what point in (game)time were you send back to?
I happen to have made a safegame right in front of the Embers doorway and I was send back there, not sure how it works with autosaves, and where're planted back in the world then.

It would be cool tjough if this may turn into evidence of there being newly unlocked locations and mission After you completed the game.
It would feel a bit weird as continuity is xoncerned but still. Would live to hear its truly new stuff that was not accessible up front.

I was sent to the save game called "point of no return". this is a save game that is made right before you step into the elevator.

One of the "new" content locations was a hidden storage unit in the amusement park area that was behind a pile of junk I had to squeeze thru like a maze just to get to the the roll up door of the storage unit. It had some explosives in the maze to protect the door. Once inside I found a locked vault with loot and the info shard about the location. If anyone got to this location BEFORE the endgame then I guess my hypothesis is incorrect.

BUT I have no idea how I could have possibly missed this location (and may others ) before I played the endgame. I seriously scoured the map pixel by pixel for ANY more to do before I finally attempted the endgame!

There are achievements for completing every gig (yellow icons) and NCPD Scanner Hustle (blue icons) in each district:
  • Greetings from Pacifica! (Pacifica)
  • Mean Streets (Heywood)
  • City Lights (City Center)
  • Little Tokyo (Westbrook)
  • The Jungle (Santo Domingo)
  • The Wasteland (Badlands)
  • It's Elementary (Watson)
so if you haven't get all of them, there are some gigs/NCPD Scanner Hustles that you've missed. I've completed all of them before point of no return, so nothing new should be unlocked after the ending.

There are achievements for completing every gig (yellow icons) and NCPD Scanner Hustle (blue icons) in each district:
  • Greetings from Pacifica! (Pacifica)
  • Mean Streets (Heywood)
  • City Lights (City Center)
  • Little Tokyo (Westbrook)
  • The Jungle (Santo Domingo)
  • The Wasteland (Badlands)
  • It's Elementary (Watson)
so if you haven't get all of them, there are some gigs/NCPD Scanner Hustles that you've missed. I've completed all of them before point of no return, so nothing new should be unlocked after the ending.

So have you found this:
One of the "new" content locations was a hidden storage unit in the amusement park area that was behind a pile of junk I had to squeeze thru like a maze just to get to the the roll up door of the storage unit. It had some explosives in the maze to protect the door. Once inside I found a locked vault with loot and the info shard about the location.

I hate achievements (long story as to why) so I always play/finish all my steam games OFF LINE (start the EXE manually from the game folder when I can). I have played 150 hours per the game's counter but steam says I only played less than 1 hour LOL!

So have you found this:
One of the "new" content locations was a hidden storage unit in the amusement park area that was behind a pile of junk I had to squeeze thru like a maze just to get to the the roll up door of the storage unit. It had some explosives in the maze to protect the door. Once inside I found a locked vault with loot and the info shard about the location.

I hate achievements (long story as to why) so I always play/finish all my steam games OFF LINE (start the EXE manually from the game folder when I can). I have played 150 hours per the game's counter but steam says I only played less than 1 hour LOL!
If you are talking about this one
then yes, I've completed it. You are actually pointed there after finding a shard on the body at this mark:
Bez nazwy-1.png

then yes, I've completed it.
I also found this place before finishing the main story.

As fas as I know, there is no additional content appearing on the map after credits. That's why finding Smasher's key in the final part of the game and returing to Ebunice in order to craft another iconic weapon is quite pointless at this point (at least for people who completed the game before meeting with Hanako in Embers).

Last edited:
Oh, there is almost 100 hidden caches, bodies, datashards I've found. They are meant more for rewarding the explorers and parkours that hop into every crack, over every wall, around every corner.

I did see one NCPD scanner point show only after completing some main story missions.

I'm at 300hrs and only like 3/4's the way done with finding all the hidden stuff + doing all gigs, missions, scanners. Also there are NCPD scanner events that od not show on the map ever.

Also there are NCPD scanner events that od not show on the map ever.

Not true, all of the NCPD Scanner Hustles appear on the map at some point. Maybe this is determined by level or some side quests, but I had them all visible on the map.

There are spots with gangers doing a hold up, no map icon, no NCPD announcement. But you clear them out and they never respawn just like any other scanner event.

Pays to run around on foot.

There are spots with gangers doing a hold up, no map icon, no NCPD announcement. But you clear them out and they never respawn just like any other scanner event.

Pays to run around on foot.
Those are not NCPD Scanner Hustles, just a random events.

Every possible Main and Side Mission, Gig, NCPD Scanner Hustle (Assault, Organized Crime, Hidden Gem, Reported Crime) and Other Activity (Cyberpsycho, Tarot Graffiti, Blue Star) is available for the player before taking the elevator to Embers (with the exception of some end-game missions).

We do not role-play the game after the credits (in terms of the story progression or additional content that was locked before). We are just participating in officially approved "save scumming" (traveling back in time in order to take care of the unfinished business). That's it.

Top Bottom