Should CD Projektred add new & missing features that are exclusive to PC & Current gen consoles?

+
No, I don't think that. The point is. Resolution is a diminishing return. And eventually will stopped being cared about.

You're right that eventually resolution will stopped being cared about because eventually we'll reach the point where we can't even distinguish between resolutions. If we haven't already. I stopped caring at 1080P but I can see the difference between it and 4K but I honestly can't say I see one between 4K and 8K. Some people claim they do though.

Resolution is but one very, very small part of what I meant when I said gamers want their games to always look better. That's not all there is to it. You're making an argument out of a fraction of a fraction of my post.

I'm hoping that the game will be finished when CDPR release the current gen console upgrade.

Maybe a simple name change to keep the lawyers happy, is it that simple?? Then they can keep updating the potato version, while updating and fixing the current gen and PC version.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming.....this is what the old CDPR might have done. Right now I wouldn't trust CDPR to tell me the correct time if we worked in a watch factory.

Right now I wouldn't trust CDPR to tell me the correct time if we worked in a watch factory.

It's time to build some watches. If you run fast enough everything around you will think you're going slower. We keep things ambiguous around these parts. :)

Sure, 'cause console players are not mad enough at CDPR, let's cut them out of content too.

Also, missing features are not due to lack of computational power but just CDPR lack of time and/or programming skills. I mean, GTA 3 had a working police system on PS2...

A tv is made to watch ... TV . Common people ,adults, only use TV 2 hrs a day ,at max. Do they need 8k or 4k hdr or 120 Framerates or raytracing to watch a movie, a serie,sport,documentary ,most of with family or friends diverting attention around ? NO
From wikipedia, 13 millions of cyberpunk s copy have been sold, ( i ve seen than from it ,9.5 million to pc users at this day buy it,but i don t see it anymore on wiki...)
3.5 million of xbox series have been sold,4.5 million of ps5 ... Xbox series out of stock ,there s no more on the market n it seem microsoft wait to produce more ,maybe for next christmas.i don t know for ps5...
More or less ,there are a market of 120 million of ps4 n 50 million of xbox ones clients ,3.5 million for serieSX ,4.5 millions for ps5...
Who needed the most this software made for master race PC , n ps5 n xbox series?
Sony sell tv n consoles ,microsoft sell windows n console
Also ,this game is still a beta version. If the new gen of clients agreed to buy beta version as RTM software ,n be used as producer investor beta tester ,it will become current for all of us, n software company will have few risk to loose money in production n dvp,n they ll get more money at last.(EA dice do this all time with battlefield n battlefront ,n now have partnership with microsoft :they release beta version as game.n when software is ready , they put it into a pass n add dlc to sell)
AAA Software ,what AAA mean ?i don t know, but AAA is used by Standard n Poor to say if a country is bankable or not, n maybe can be use to redifine standard in this case
Still from wiki ,it cost 313 million of $ , n sales made more than 600 millions of $... Who/What have been paid with it ??? For a beta version which can be stop from dvp anytimes...

Last edited:
With the greatest of respect, your career as a 3d artist is not relevant. One of the ways you would optimize a game for lower spec. hardware would be the reduction of advanced lighting and particle effects. I'll say it again, it is not the hardware, the game has not been optimized for it. Graphical tricks aside, which I was not expecting on my old console anyway, what is the supposed "complexity" of this game that puts it out of reach of the consoles?
I think you're just in denial at this point. Look around, research this topic. I'm not the only one saying this. Many journalist and youtube personalities are all saying the same thing. The only way to get this running on last gen is to downgrade the game.

And actually my background is relevant. I have to optimize assets according to it's intended purpose. I'm looking at the average asset, assessing the tessellation in curved areas, and coming up with a rough estimate on how dense the mesh is.
Now I'm comparing that with all other last gen open world city environments. There's a reason why no other open world city on last gen comes close to the detail of this game. Not to mention this game has no loading from outside to inside environments.
Post automatically merged:

Sure, 'cause console players are not mad enough at CDPR, let's cut them out of content too.

Also, missing features are not due to lack of computational power but just CDPR lack of time and/or programming skills. I mean, GTA 3 had a working police system on PS2...
That you're right about.

Could they? Of course.

Should they? Seems like CDPR would be letting themselves in for a far worse **** storm than what they're currently dealing with if they did. As a PC player I know I'd be royally ****ed off if CDPR released DLC/reactivated content, etc that exluded PCs. I assume most console players would feel the same if they were excluded in such a fashion.

Well, shouldn't the XBO users that bought the CP2077 edition at least get the first expansion for free first?

Well, shouldn't the XBO users that bought the CP2077 edition at least get the first expansion for free first?
This is what Ubisoft did after the bad launch of Assassins Creed Unity. They gave everyone a story DLC, and for those who had already paid for it, they gifted one of the recently released Ubisoft games.
It was 2014 and I chose Far Cry 4 on PS4.

When investors asked CDPR about a such approach, CDPR dodged the question.

I think you're just in denial at this point. Look around, research this topic. I'm not the only one saying this. Many journalist and youtube personalities are all saying the same thing. The only way to get this running on last gen is to downgrade the game.

Again, telling me that a group of people who have their own agenda are all parroting the same narrative when we all know how "reliable" youtubers and gaming journalists are means precisely nothing. The game wasn't optimized for consoles. That is why it runs so poorly. If not, and what you say is true, then surely this is a bigger scandal on CDPR's part as they knowingly developed and released the game on hardware that was incapable of running it? Didn't those same journalists give the game good reviews and failed to actually pick up on the state of the game as they were wined and dined by CDPR prior to release and used to hype the game?

Last edited:
I don't think it's like that. I think it's more like the developers got excited, went a little too far to future proof the game, and the poor management didn't catch how far the scope had become beyond last gen capabilities. Digital Foundry, while covering the Night City Wire episodes commonly commented on how they are puzzled how CP will run on last gen (especially XBOX ONE S).

2018 DEMO PC specs - The demo was said to have been running
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K running at 3.7GHz
  • RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V running at 3000MHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • SSD: Samsung 960 Pro (512GB)
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

"Still, given how many journalists were adamant Cyberpunk 2077 must be using some kind of next-gen hardware to achieve Night City's dazzling level of detail - perhaps one of the RTX graphics cards, for instance - I was surprised when I saw the above spec wasn't just running on the now year-old GTX 1080 Ti, but more importantly that it was only using one of them."

Even the PC journalist thought that game was gonna take some serious hardware.

I was warning last gen owners on every youtube video. I kept saying, they're not showing last gen. WHY?! But nobody listened in the end. CDPR should have dropped it plain and simple.

I don't think it's like that. I think it's more like the developers got excited, went a little too far to future proof the game, and the poor management didn't catch how far the scope had become beyond last gen capabilities. Digital Foundry, while covering the Night City Wire episodes commonly commented on how they are puzzled how CP will run on last gen (especially XBOX ONE S).

2018 DEMO PC specs - The demo was said to have been running
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K running at 3.7GHz
  • RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V running at 3000MHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • SSD: Samsung 960 Pro (512GB)
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

"Still, given how many journalists were adamant Cyberpunk 2077 must be using some kind of next-gen hardware to achieve Night City's dazzling level of detail - perhaps one of the RTX graphics cards, for instance - I was surprised when I saw the above spec wasn't just running on the now year-old GTX 1080 Ti, but more importantly that it was only using one of them."

Even the PC journalist thought that game was gonna take some serious hardware.

I was warning last gen owners on every youtube video. I kept saying, they're not showing last gen. WHY?! But nobody listened in the end. CDPR should have dropped it plain and simple.
Maybe its me. But the above specs were for the demo, an environment where you want to show the game (part of it) in its best config.
I dont need any journalist (for what they are worth in general anyway) that that config was gonna be a high-end spec as opposed to what a last-gen console or low end PC would get.
Sure, there's Anthem to consider on how that can backfire. But comparing a demo to the lowest possible config is just plain dumb (excuse my french)

Also... The fact that a supposed journalist thinks specs such as those would be a minimum requirement is laughable. Says more than enough if you ask me.

Anywho, good on you for trying to warn those who are that dellusional.

Didn't those same journalists give the game good reviews and failed to actually pick up on the state of the game as they were wined and dined by CDPR prior to release and used to hype the game?
69.gif

I'm sorry, I had to.

With that said, while I agree with the general idea behind your post that game journalist and youtubers are hardly proof of.... anything. In those same people's defense, CDPR didn't give them access to the console version until two(IIRC) days before release which isn't long enough for a thorough review. Also part of why a lot of people are arguing (rightfully so in my opinion) they voluntarily hid the game's performance on console.

You talk about population density, textures and like that. Next gen console features never mention any of that. Like I wrote, higher resolutions, higher FPS and raytracing new hardware enables, these are next generation features. What MS and Sony and tech press consider next gen features. These features will be available later on this year on next gen consoles according to CDPR roadmap.

You write about IO but nobody is expecting 4k textures on PS4 or Xbox One, that doesn't limit next generation hardware either on console or PC base not having them. I played Gears 5 and other games at 4k just fine despite Xbox One users not having that option. And nobody is expecting them on PC space playing on AMD Radeon RX 470 or nVidia GTX 1060 either. Bottleneck is the same. You talk about hardware, but you don't understand how it actually works with software. Products either scales or you are selling to 1% of market.

You talk about IO but all game stopping bugs has been related to scripted events not working properly, like Takemura call. What the heck has that to do with textures and models? You appear to ignore all feedback from first gen console users that tell that stability and performance has been satisfying after patch 1.06 (stability) and 1.1 for performance.

So I can't but to start question if your approach to this is genuine to begin with.

It doesn't matter how many ray-tracing enabled cards there are out there, since you don't need one. I'm running on a GTX 1070, and the game runs solidly and looks exceedingly good.

I didn't mention population density.
Do tell me, what are these magic NPC's without textures? Note NPC's also apply to traffic and such.

How CPDR solved this on first generation consoles, like mentioned in topic earlier, is that there's less population, less NPC's so less IO load on those consoles.

For the rest: there are solid physical limits on what computer hardware can do. I have been building complex software systems for thirty-five years now; I understand a wee bit about this. The newer consoles have substantially more capacity in a number of key areas. Comparing PS4 to PS5, the newer console has
  • twice the RAM;
  • twice the memory bandwidth;
  • between 50 and 90 times the I/O bandwidth.
It also has twice the CPU power and two and a half times the graphics processing power, but those aren't the big deals. The big deal is I/O, as I said before, and with (at best) only one fiftieth of the I/O bandwidth of a PS5, it's no wonder the PS4 can't cope.

You can dodge along with textures that are only half the resolution, yes; but you can't dodge along with textures which are only one fiftieth the resolution. But it's worse than that, since we know that the assets required to render some scenes exceed 8Gb, which means they cannot all fit in PS4 memory at once, even if they could be loaded in fast enough.

Computers are not magic. They are machines. They have inherent, hard, limitations. You can't fix this with hand waving.
They did did fix that with having lower resolution textures and less population density (which also counts toward lower poly count) on first gen consoles. No magic, no hand waiving. CDPR is simply much better at solving this kind of problems than some random on forum, despite their background.

You talk about IO but all game stopping bugs has been related to scripted events not working properly, like Takemura call. What the heck has that to do with textures and models? You appear to ignore all feedback from first gen console users that tell that stability and performance has been satisfying after patch 1.06 (stability) and 1.1 for performance.

The Takemura call bug is trivial. Yes, it ought to have been caught in testing, but games, because of their extreme complexity, are very difficult to write full test suites for. And yes, there are a lot more of these tivial bugs than they should be; but they are bugs of a very different order to bugs which are caused by the physical limits of the hardware.
You are ignoring context here and feedback from first generation console users. You have done this several times.

You claim that severe bugs (bugs that make is unable for players to progress in game) are due first generation console hardware limitations. There's no evidence of such thing. Instead game stopping bugs (before patch) has been scrip issues like Takemura call has been reported on all platforms.

You refer to magic, yet from economical standpoint what you claim is impossibility to be made profitable. You don't understand or are ignoring way CDPR actually solved bottlenecks. You refer the bugs on console base, that console owners haven't reported. Sorry, but you come out like someone with an agenda, with no realistic solutions.

How CPDR solved this on first generation consoles, like mentioned in topic earlier, is that there's less population, less NPC's so less IO load on those consoles.

Yes, dear, I know that. But you said the I had mentioned population density. I had not. It was not something I had mentioned.

You refer to magic, yet from economical standpoint what you claim is impossibility to be made profitable. You don't understand or are ignoring way CDPR actually solved bottlenecks. You refer the bugs on console base, that console owners haven't reported. Sorry, but you come out like someone with an agenda, with no realistic solutions.

According to industry analysts, 80% of all sales of Cyberpunk have been on PC. Therefore all consoles are only 20% of sales, and old consoles are even less than that.

Is it really worth spoiling the game for around 10% of sales (especially when you consider that Sony/Microsoft will be be taking a large share of that 10%)? In my opinion, CD Projekt should never have promised the game on older consoles. It was surely obvious that it would not run well. After all, they specify SSD in the minimum PC requirements for a reason, and that reason is I/O bandwidth.

Honest question: From when on out would it have been clear to CDPR that the game would be seen on PS5 and the newest Xbox as opposed to PS4 and Xbox that was 'current' gen during the majority of the CP77 development cycle?
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the PS5/XOX versions of the game crafted from the PC build of the game?
So reverse engineering PC for the PS5/XOX may actually have been a reiterated cycle after the PC / PS4 / XO builds?

Somehow I cant help but think that the entire new-gen versus last-gen discussion has a major invalidation based on the actual timeslot of where game development happened.
The major shift around 2018 may actually have had a significant impact on the entire matter that caused this increase in deviation.

Yes, dear, I know that. But you said the I had mentioned population density. I had not. It was not something I had mentioned.
Like I said, context. IO load is due textures and polycount, in general how much is rendered to begin with. CDRP solved the problem.

According to industry analysts, 80% of all sales of Cyberpunk have been on PC. Therefore all consoles are only 20% of sales, and old consoles are even less than that.

Is it really worth spoiling the game for around 10% of sales (especially when you consider that Sony/Microsoft will be be taking a large share of that 10%)? In my opinion, CD Projekt should never have promised the game on older consoles. It was surely obvious that it would not run well. After all, they specify SSD in the minimum PC requirements for a reason, and that reason is I/O bandwidth.
Cyberpunk 2077 was not withdrawn from Sony PSN store due it being unplayable but because Sony's toxic refund policy. It will sell a lot more once it's back in store. I noticed that on Xbox sales numbers are available only for physical copies and doesn't include digital downloads.

While system requirements for PC recommends SSD, minimum is still HDD.

You have tried to establish this connection to how console version somehow ruined the PC version. Yet minimum system requirement is indeed 70 GB HDD. Minimum graphics card requirement are AMD RX 470 and nVidia GTS 1060, that ain't that far from last gen consoles, considering consoles are dedicated hardware for gaming purpose and that IO load is reduced on like described above.

What comes to sales 20% is huge. If they look for 30% margin they would be in difficult position without sales on console.

You're using minimum specs as proof it matches closely to last gen specs.
Minimum has always been a arbitrary standard. No one knows, or ever will,
what minimum means. There is no standard by which it is held to.

CDPR exec even pointed out what we already knew. They wanted the game to look next gen on
PC but found it extremely difficult to translate that experience to significantly weaker hardware.
The streaming bandwidth was noted as being the most problematic when porting occurred.

You can say what you want, but there's a reason we've never seen a first person open world game
set in a city until now. And don't list GTAV, doesn't even come close to the detail of Night City.

Top Bottom