The LOD is extreme BAD

+
Hi Folks,
i love this Game but the LOD is so strange. I play on Ultra/Psycho Settings with a High End PC, but the LOD is so BAD.

Maybe there are Tweaks, i tried some INI Things, Mods etc. Nothing worked.

Here 2 Screenshots of what i mean, and thats just an example, i found so many BAD LOD, Food, Objects ect.

photomode_07022021_001549.jpg
photomode_07022021_001604.jpg

Maybe you can post your own Screens, so it helps the Devs.

Your Akira Sun

Download the file that says alternate streaming.

C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\platform\pc <-------------Put in there

C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\platform\pc <-------------Put in there

Thx, i will try this out.

i tried the Exe starting parameter -qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX , it looks perfect, but when you have many people on the screen its starts to glitch.

It looks like LOD is one of the issues players have after 1.1 patch. For me it looked better before that patch.

Reducing LOD is a great way to increase frames, which was the primary goal of 1.1 for the earlier consoles. So they went for that low-hanging fruit. It's much easier than tightening up the code to make rendering more efficient.

It was dumb to apply the same LOD settings to PC and later consoles, but maybe they didn't want the hassle of all the folks on decade-old hardware whining that their game doesn't look as good as on a 3090.

So i tried it, but its not good. Ya the LOD is a bit better, but no more smooth LODS, only Hard Pop Ins.

the only Thing that wokred great is the Exe starting parameter -qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX.

Absolute Dream LOD, no performence impact for me, but the Glitch with T-Pose etc when to much Crowd is on the Screen, killed that too. What a shame

The best way to reproduce this issue is on that one outlands motel where you go in one mission with panam drinking. The
street lamps in front of the motel are floating in the air. If you move one step closer the stands suddenly appear. Quality work from CDPR right there.

Game has so many big and little issues it's unbelievable. I have no idea wtf they are doing there. It's a mess. I played it through. And thats it. Panam doenst talk to you anymore after the games story is finished. Just always the 2-3 standard sentence, same with Judy. I uninstalled. Done.

Maybe I will install it again in 2 years with new SP DLCs, if they come. If not. Big disappointing game. Witcher 3 was a master piece. This game is just a illusion. You can't do anything side ways. No restaurant visits. No cinema, no trains, no flying cars, no rentable apartments, no funny physics. No police chases. No NPC fun. For what they created this "huge" empty world...is a big question at least for me. You can't even enter most of the buildings, just 3% are open. Everthing is "locked" 1 female hooker in the entire game. No custom brain dance access. What a joke. I will never buy a game from CDPR on release. I will wait and read carefully what other gamers say, and don't listen to the youtubers they are mostly paid for hiding the truth of the game.

Last edited:

msxyz

Forum regular
I've been having issues from 1.06. I started to see popups, low quality textures used on distant buildings when before they were perfectly fine looking, and also low complexity car models changing to the higher poly ones just in front of me.

It seems to me 1.1x patches are even worse in this regards.

Just adding that it's also absolute horsepoop on PS5. NC used to be very pretty AND smooth on PS5 before the slew of patches... big crowds and cars/environmental details seen far off in the distance. I spent hundreds of hours during December/Jan, played through over 100 PS5 "desktop" crashes because it was still awesome and immersive graphics. Then, they started patching the game to make it run better... they are making these big trade-offs sacrificing visuals for performance on lower-end machines. I'm not confident CDPR will ever get it back to what it was... I uninstalled the game after 1.11 patch when I was walking down a long back alley in Heywood. The alley was pristine clean, nothing in it, except for garbage and other ground clutter popping in 10 feet in front of V as I walked down the alley. It made me think of 20 year old Morrowind on Xbox and I thought.... no more. I'm deleting this mess from my PS5 and will play again once they fix their game on next gen consoles.

Like most software projects with bad project management, quality control is where this project suffers. Even now, post release, CDPR still rushing crap code out the door without proper testing across all their target platforms. Hire more testers ffs.

Top Bottom