Cyberpunk 2077 - State of game after a month

+
I dont know, you named me games, so i named you a good RPG game.
You have never heard about the gothic series and talk about RPG. :shrug:

You can have that opinion. :shrug: I asked you a specific yes or no question based on a response you gave stating Cybperpunk was not a rpg.

Im not going to get to a "skirmish" about this.

Last edited:
1 month later and the ending is still glitched.. I had auto saves only at the end.. so there is no escape for my fate.. and still haven't played since a month from now..
At the same time I wanna refund but also wanna still play the game but don't wanna start all over
i give you a hint...
after you finnishd the game gives you a new savegame right befor you talk to hanako...

Move on and try something else, i did 1 run on CP and then never touched again, right now playng Dragon Age Origin, cuz i never plaid it, and for being a 2009 game, it's damn well made.

And playng games like that you realize how things were different back then, games used to be complex with simple graphics, and yet still able to deliver so much.
Nowdays game has to be simple, with few mechanics otherwise you can't reach that big % of buyers, CP2077 is a product that started with great ideas, and everything was cut down because they had to make money right now, not later.
Yep, that's what I did, playing Valhalla and Fenyx Rising and only now getting back into CP2077. What CDPR did was the ultimate money grab and they should be mightily ashamed, everyone from the managers to the devs. Most in that company knew the state of the game prior to release and to say otherwise is just flat out lying. They have their money now, most of it, and they're happy to sit back and be quiet in the corner.

What gamers should never, ever do again is pre-order a game, or, buy it on day one. Wait for some reviews to come in and eventually this sort of bull(*&^ won't happen again. Most people can't control themselves, myself included, but it's the only way to stop what AAA game companies have been doing for years.

There should be no talk of MP or "new" content for this game until the base game is viable on all platforms, what was advertised how ever many years ago. The way this thing launched they shouldn't charge us for "new" content either, just my opinion.

This is just a warning, they will be not fined.
I don't expect them to either, but I do appreciate the involvement. The current trend in gaming to release unfinished products, with terrible quality assurance and misleading advertisements needs to have some sort of check.

EA and Activision are already seeing some government involvement. Hopefully this is all leads to better products in the future or at least CDPR learns some kind of lesson.

The game is very boring. It's difficult to sit through all of the conversation segments knowing that the speech options don't matter at all. I feel like it should just be a cut scene to save us the trouble of pressing X over and over. In the witcher 3 it was important to listen because your response actually had an impact. CP2077 just follow the quest marker, shoot the bad AI enemies, skip the chatter, repeat. I know many people are saying "I am having fun" but I can't find the fun myself. It all seems very pointless without any real choice or impact on the story.

The game is very boring. It's difficult to sit through all of the conversation segments knowing that the speech options don't matter at all. I feel like it should just be a cut scene to save us the trouble of pressing X over and over. In the witcher 3 it was important to listen because your response actually had an impact. CP2077 just follow the quest marker, shoot the bad AI enemies, skip the chatter, repeat. I know many people are saying "I am having fun" but I can't find the fun myself. It all seems very pointless without any real choice or impact on the story.

Remove the minimap, find a mod to remove the marker overlays, and enjoy. Less is more.

P.S. It's okay if you still don't enjoy the game, but give the above strategy a try. I found the game a lot more enjoyable like that. Also remember that you're playing this game for fun, you don't have to be "efficient" at it.

they actually do effect things, and stories, but if you don't care, thats up to you. You can also set it to hold X. Not sure why you bought an rpg if you didnt care about story, or want to read anything.

Maybe its me, but then I'm almostbinclined to think rng-esk or storydriven games arent for you.
And no, narrated games are not the same.

So here we are again more than 2 months later.

State of CP 2 months after release:
  • The game is still not available on Playstation Store. (But it runs "surprisingly well" on previous-gen of consoles).
  • Many bugs in quests cause players to not be able to finish them.
  • Performance bugs, crashes, and glitches. (t-pose etc. )
In those 2 months since release, I finished the game (every side quest, every gig, every ending), and to be honest, I do not wait for the next patches.

There is a time when you must let go and go to the next thing.

Are you waiting for the new patches? And if yes, why?

they actually do effect things, and stories, but if you don't care, thats up to you. You can also set it to hold X. Not sure why you bought an rpg if you didnt care about story, or want to read anything.

It's not an RPG. Even CDPR refer to it as an action adventure.

And over 90% of the dialogue choices are meaningless.

Maybe its me, but then I'm almostbinclined to think rng-esk or storydriven games arent for you.
And no, narrated games are not the same.
Nah, I love Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, Divinity Original Sin...all those game the dialogue options have consequence. Without any difference in the outcome why even have options? Pretty pointless
Post automatically merged:

I love RPG games. This is hardly an RPG its just a shooter with loot. Im not seeing how the speech options make a difference. The outcome of quests don't change so that means that they don't matter.

Remove the minimap, find a mod to remove the marker overlays, and enjoy. Less is more.

P.S. It's okay if you still don't enjoy the game, but give the above strategy a try. I found the game a lot more enjoyable like that. Also remember that you're playing this game for fun, you don't have to be "efficient" at it.
For me the fun of an RPG is the choice. Like choosing to talk my way through an encounter or by pitting two parties against each other, or researching to find fun methods of completing quests like in the fallout games. In this game it's just listen to dialogue, go to quest marker, kill everybody, repeat. It's just boring.

Last edited:
Nah, I love Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, Divinity Original Sin...all those game the dialogue options have consequence. Without any difference in the outcome why even have options? Pretty pointless

I love RPG games. This is hardly an RPG its just a shooter with loot. Im not seeing how the speech options make a difference. The outcome of quests don't change so that means that they don't matter.

For me the fun of an RPG is the choice. Like choosing to talk my way through an encounter or by pitting two parties against each other, or researching to find fun methods of completing quests like in the fallout games. In this game it's just listen to dialogue, go to quest marker, kill everybody, repeat. It's just boring.

the outcome of quests change. Don't know what tell you here, its verifiable. You can not belive me, but its a fact that dialog can and does change the outcome of quests. Maybe you skipped so much text you didn't notice it. And yes it sometimes leads to no conflict. Many quests don't even require combat.

People keep saying the matter but I can't see how. It is the illusion of choice. If you only played it once you may never know. Play it again choose a different path and different dialogue options...same outcome for quests.

the outcome of quests change. Don't know what tell you here, its verifiable. You can not belive me, but its a fact that dialog can and does change the outcome of quests. Maybe you skipped so much text you didn't notice it. And yes it sometimes leads to no conflict. Many quests don't even require combat.
Seeing is believing and played the game. The dialogue choices may have changed some of the conversation but not the outcome for 98% of the quests. There are dialogue options on 100% of the quests. So correction they matter 2% of the time.

Uninstalled the game. First attempt to play I got the no quickhacks from access point bug. Second my save was corrupted. My latest have weapons not getting proper weapon properties (no crit chance/damage) bug. I like the story and the characters, but combine this with the utter lack of challenging combat (easiest game I have ever played), this was the final straw. Well over 100 hours feels like a total waste. Might try after a few patches, but realistically I very seldom complete games that aren't polished at the time of purchase. Very disappointed with CDPR and depending upon the support this game gets, this will impact future purchases of CDPR titles.

ofc is not an RPG the moment they get close to release the back track of all their promises becomes real
fdsdfsgs.png

So here we are again more than 2 months later.

State of CP 2 months after release:
  • The game is still not available on Playstation Store. (But it runs "surprisingly well" on previous-gen of consoles).
  • Many bugs in quests cause players to not be able to finish them.
  • Performance bugs, crashes, and glitches. (t-pose etc. )
In those 2 months since release, I finished the game (every side quest, every gig, every ending), and to be honest, I do not wait for the next patches.

There is a time when you must let go and go to the next thing.

Are you waiting for the new patches? And if yes, why?

I play multiple games and at the time of CP2077's release I was at the end of Valhalla and had just started Fenyx Rising. I gave CP2077 about a week and just couldn't do it anymore due to the screen freezing, constant being booted to the Xbox One X dashboard, graphics and audio messing up, I just put it down.

Once patch 1.11 came out it all changed. I've now made it through the Nomad campaign and am halfway through the Street Kid one. It also helped that I've run through it a couple times as now I know how to setup for my play style. I've enjoyed the story, but don't understand those that bought the game and don't like reading through all the text, it's kind of what an RPG is.

This could have been the game of the century if CDPR's executives had just kept it in their pants and let the dev's handle getting the game right instead of knowing full well how F'd up it would be at launch. The Cybernetics choices, the skills options, weapons, all top notch, but the game world just feels kind of like, yuck, mindless AI roaming around walking like they have a turd stuck in their pants.

I've enjoyed what I've played and I'm going to finish all the side quests, gigs, etc., on my 2nd playthrough before I actually finish the campaign, just to keep the immersion going. Instead of going full quickhack with intelligence on my Nomad run, I'm focusing on beefing up my body and getting into the arm-based weaponry. Euro's are a challenge, but I enjoy a challenge. Glad you're enjoying it as well.

ofc is not an RPG the moment they get close to release the back track of all their promises becomes real
View attachment 11177813
Well I'd imagine people bought the game thinking that story decisions would actually make a difference. We didn't know that initially. If they had then this certainly would have been more akin to an RPG. With all the weapon and body customizations available it IS an RPG.

The poor implementation (or lack) of multiple game elements destroys symmetry leading to this soulless city feeling I get when playing. That's the best way I can put my impressions of this game in a single sentence.

I play multiple games and at the time of CP2077's release I was at the end of Valhalla and had just started Fenyx Rising. I gave CP2077 about a week and just couldn't do it anymore due to the screen freezing, constant being booted to the Xbox One X dashboard, graphics and audio messing up, I just put it down.

Once patch 1.11 came out it all changed. I've now made it through the Nomad campaign and am halfway through the Street Kid one. It also helped that I've run through it a couple times as now I know how to setup for my play style. I've enjoyed the story, but don't understand those that bought the game and don't like reading through all the text, it's kind of what an RPG is.

This could have been the game of the century if CDPR's executives had just kept it in their pants and let the dev's handle getting the game right instead of knowing full well how F'd up it would be at launch. The Cybernetics choices, the skills options, weapons, all top notch, but the game world just feels kind of like, yuck, mindless AI roaming around walking like they have a turd stuck in their pants.

I've enjoyed what I've played and I'm going to finish all the side quests, gigs, etc., on my 2nd playthrough before I actually finish the campaign, just to keep the immersion going. Instead of going full quickhack with intelligence on my Nomad run, I'm focusing on beefing up my body and getting into the arm-based weaponry. Euro's are a challenge, but I enjoy a challenge. Glad you're enjoying it as well.

Well I'd imagine people bought the game thinking that story decisions would actually make a difference. We didn't know that initially. If they had then this certainly would have been more akin to an RPG. With all the weapon and body customizations available it IS an RPG.
Yeah i was sold on thinking that being a corpo or a street kid would have been different in so many ways i thought that the game being shorter would have compensated itself with the multiple life paths but yeah no didnt happen still trying to figure out till this day what the hell happened to abernathy behind the scene and jenkins i get it they died but all we know are rumours we're not actually present in it just like the majority of the side quests. We as players are always on top of the surface and never dive deep down where the good stuff actually is

The poor implementation (or lack) of multiple game elements destroys symmetry leading to this soulless city feeling I get when playing. That's the best way I can put my impressions of this game in a single sentence.
The stage is set...with nothing but scenery. It lacks many basic elements and the elements that are there are constant reminders of soullessness. Nothing is worse than citizens you save from execution standing silently as husks, or responding in only one or two ways.

Top Bottom