I don't want more V/Jackie/Panam centered stories...

+
CP2077 should 100% continue with DLC/Expansions featuring V and involve there friends/partner another 100% of the time, i have absolutely ZERO interest in buying or playing anything released for CP2077 that does not involve my character V.

V's story is not done, not finished, if anything it's just started, if you dont like the character put the game down, uninstall it and walk away leaving us that do enjoy our characters to receive more content involving them and there friends.

If they end V's story with ending CP2077 im fine with that, great actually as im not a fan of trilogys etc the older i get an prefer the BioWare DA team approach of a new PC for each game but i'll say it again i have absolutely ZERO interest in playing any other PC in CP2077 other than V

Realistically I guess we are likely to see more V's story related story DLC, finding a cure perhaps but I also feel that perhaps it would be for the best to let V and possible partner to ride to the sunset after that.

Lot's of stories in the Night City and perhaps new player character would work better than V in some of them.

Hell'o there guys and gals
I know a lot of you will not agree but I wish they would start a new storyline. I really don't need more stories about what happened after the game ending, for me it can stay that way. For me V story is finished. I don't want to be V anymore. NC and CP world has so much more to offer.
I don't see them doing that. And a lot of people won't like that

I love pretty much any character in the game, so as long as it's story content I'm all for it.

I also think that an expansion set in the 2020s and centered on Rogue would be a good idea. I love how dark and gritty Night City is in the 2020s. The Johnny Silverhand flashbacks are extremely atmosphereic and I would love to see more of that.

I love pretty much any character in the game, so as long as it's story content I'm all for it.

I also think that an expansion set in the 2020s and centered on Rogue would be a good idea. I love how dark and gritty Night City is in the 2020s.
That would be awesome!

I also think that an expansion set in the 2020s and centered on Rogue would be a good idea. I love how dark and gritty Night City is in the 2020s. The Johnny Silverhand flashbacks are extremely atmosphereic and I would love to see more of that.

Oh yeah!I would love to see 2020 setting as well

The problem is that you cant show too much of 2020 Night City without either redesigning it so it doesnt look the same like 50 years later or keeping it all in-doors.

You can't take V out of the game, what is the point of customizing your character? [...] If you remove V then basically the game is over and what you would have is a shitty spin off or sequel that no one would care about.

The problem is that you cant show too much of 2020 Night City without either redesigning it so it doesnt look the same like 50 years later or keeping it all in-doors.
That would mostly be texture work as the city haven't changed that much. Watson would had most of Night City medical factions but Afterlife was there already for example. There would be a lot's of Nomads in certain parts of city as they did a lot of rebuilding after Arasaka tower was nuked. I'm not sure if Pacifica district existed yet like in 2077 so that might be really different, but I don't see this would be something that couldn't be done.

META: Who the heck is messing with Cyberpunk Wiki? It appears that there's at least one faction from 2020 missing now.

Anyway, there's wiki and sourcebook we got to look for more info. I don't see this impossible at all.

I try to avoid linear storylines in games and in fact I never wanted to be 'V' in the first place. Long since early games like DIablo, Hellgate and others and into virtual worlds I've played with my own 'idoru', a consistent virtual character (アイドル, aidoru) 'Snakekiss' with her own consistent 'lore' which when possible I maintain and adapt within games. I tend to model her appearance around myself as closely as possible with some pixel 'wishful thinking' and ageless expression creeping in...#whowantstoliveforever ...

But in this instance with the 'V' name or not, I would heartily vote only for DLC and expansions which allow us to continue using our accumulated character from the base game. I don't want to start again as someone else. I need my possessions, appearance, history, and 'pixel dreams' to cement any expansion arena as still being 'me' in the form of my 'same same' player character. In my gaming history, even as an alpha/beta closed tester I've always intensely disliked 'wipes' where you lose everything and have to start again. Having no skills, money or game possessions and losing that intrinsic identification with 'still being 'me' (V)' in any continuation of the Cyberpunk universe would really gall with me and I'd be like Roy Batty in Blade Runner indignantly demanding to my makers ' I want more Life.. F*ckr!'

I try to avoid linear storylines in games and in fact I never wanted to be 'V' in the first place. Long since early games like DIablo, Hellgate and others and into virtual worlds I've played with my own 'idoru', a consistent virtual character (アイドル, aidoru) 'Snakekiss' with her own consistent 'lore' which when possible I maintain and adapt within games. I tend to model her appearance around myself as closely as possible with some pixel 'wishful thinking' and ageless expression creeping in...#whowantstoliveforever ...

But in this instance with the 'V' name or not, I would heartily vote only for DLC and expansions which allow us to continue using our accumulated character from the base game. I don't want to start again as someone else. I need my possessions, appearance, history, and 'pixel dreams' to cement any expansion arena as still being 'me' in the form of my 'same same' player character. In my gaming history, even as an alpha/beta closed tester I've always intensely disliked 'wipes' where you lose everything and have to start again. Having no skills, money or game possessions and losing that intrinsic identification with 'still being 'me' (V)' in any continuation of the Cyberpunk universe would really gall with me and I'd be like Roy Batty in Blade Runner indignantly demanding to my makers ' I want more Life.. F*ckr!'
Technically its Vincent or Victoria lol

I find Night City in the 2020s extremely interesting. It looks like the city was way darker and more bleak than in 2077. I also think the Atlantis is much more interesting than the Afterlife. You can even see the city's skyline from the top floor.

skyline.png

I also get the feeling that Johnny's opinion about Night City in 2077 is that the city is not as punk as it used to be, and that he is disappointed with how it evolved.

CP2077 should 100% continue with DLC/Expansions featuring V and involve there friends/partner another 100% of the time, i have absolutely ZERO interest in buying or playing anything released for CP2077 that does not involve my character V.

V's story is not done, not finished, if anything it's just started, if you dont like the character put the game down, uninstall it and walk away leaving us that do enjoy our characters to receive more content involving them and there friends.

If they end V's story with ending CP2077 im fine with that, great actually as im not a fan of trilogys etc the older i get an prefer the BioWare DA team approach of a new PC for each game but i'll say it again i have absolutely ZERO interest in playing any other PC in CP2077 other than V

Yea! +1

Main problem with dumping V as the main character: you lose V's voice actress. Her performance was critical to my enjoyment of the game and CDPR should double her salary to bring her back. She's really good.

I also think, expansions should have a new protagonist. More V stories after the ending would not work with so different endings anyway. Adding side stuff mid-game would just worsen the narrative dissonance.
Yes it would. There's several outs and plot holes caused by the endings. I want V dead or surviving answered definitively. And not go to a different character. That is one key factor why I didn't like Crysis 2 and 3. Bailing on the first character for no reason. If I don't get any resolution to V. I will not get anymore CP games. Assuming they can even fix this one up, for me to even look at purchasing anything further.

To me, 2020 is the most interesting part of the timeline. Wide open world-wide netrunning, AIs roaming free in the 'net, cyber enhancements are newer and less well understood. Corps clandestinely (and sometimes openly) fighting for control of all the new tech. Less established gangs, some large ones but most of them just a few desperate, roaming street rats... That period feels much more like Gibson's Sprawl series novels, and really epitomizes cyberpunk to me.

I'd love to see an expansion set in 2020 with a story centered on how the blackwall came to be. Bonus points if it has a full visual/virtual netrunning mechanic that's more than just cut scenes of a bunch of dots.

Main problem with dumping V as the main character: you lose V's voice actress. Her performance was critical to my enjoyment of the game and CDPR should double her salary to bring her back. She's really good.
That is exactly why they are not going to dump V. that's 2 new Voice Actors they will need for every language the game is in.

To me, 2020 is the most interesting part of the timeline. Wide open world-wide netrunning, AIs roaming free in the 'net, cyber enhancements are newer and less well understood. Corps clandestinely (and sometimes openly) fighting for control of all the new tech. Less established gangs, some large ones but most of them just a few desperate, roaming street rats... That period feels much more like Gibson's Sprawl series novels, and really epitomizes cyberpunk to me.

I'd love to see an expansion set in 2020 with a story centered on how the blackwall came to be. Bonus points if it has a full visual/virtual netrunning mechanic that's more than just cut scenes of a bunch of dots.
CP 2020 would have to be separate game in my opinion. I would love to see it but don't have any hopes for it.

Top Bottom