some minor bugs/things I believe the game could do without

+
Hello my dear choombas!

During my playthroughs I have come about the following things, which either don't make sence to me or are downright issues, none of them are gamebreaking though (but would still make the game better if fixed).

"Use" should work to press buttons and pick up things while pressed, not only once per button press
This is particularly significant when buying loads of drinks and picking them up. It can cause that you have to buy/pick up around 20is items, hence pressing the use button some 40 times (two times the amount, as you buy them and then pick them up with the same button)

cannot craft quickhack materials
Along with the fact, that recipes for quickhacks disappear and reappear randomly, the fact that you spend most of your epic components VERY quickly and cannot create them from lower/higher quality components, the crafting process can get disappointing at times.

crafting should at least be possible by clicking, not holding the "Craft" button
Having to hold the left mouse button and not even having an auto-craft option (when you need to craft hundreds of components, this just kills all enjoyment of the crafting mechanic). If you don't want to create an auto-craft option, to either craft an amount of your choosing and, if at all possible, get the option to jump to the end of the crafting process same as you can for car rides. Not having to hold the mouse button and just pressing it instead would at least let us to either use auto-clickers, hence simulate the auto-craft function, or at least not having to strain your hand as much (just click and wait for the progress bar to move on)

picking item color in crafting would make the whole process more involved and the outcome more desirable
As I said already - the crafting is a bit lackluster, ignoring most conventions from survival games. Please let us customise the items our characters craft.

crafting recipes should be more common (no helmet recipe of higher quality than uncommon anywhere. :-/ )
Since noting this down I found a whole one recipe. :( Please give clothing vendors a set list of things they sell as opposed to the current "they might have things, they might not have things".

headbands shouldn't mess up your hair
Currently putting on a headband changes your hairdo. For a woman that is a pretty ok braid, but for a man that just ruffles his hair up, which is kind of a wasted opportunity. Some of us like to see the hairdo we select on start dammit! :-D Seriously though - it would be a neat option for the sake of customisation.

cannot view how many quickhacks you have outside of the selling interface
When you craft quickhacks and want to calculate, whether you can craft all the quickhacks you have materials for before the recipe disappears, you have to do that from a drop off or store to make an educated guess. Explanation to wtf I'm going on about - let's say you have enough materials to craft 8 legendary weapon glitches, but need to know how many epic weapon glitches you have as they are the basis for crafting legendary ones. In this case you cannot view them in the inventory, but have to go to a store of some sort and find out you have 10 epic weapon glitches, meaning you still lack materials for 2 of these quickhacks to make the most of your resources. If you saw them in your inventory normally, you could check your amounts anywhere.

cannot get mats from disassembling maxdoc mk.1
Not really an issue, but maxdoc mk.1 is awfully common and would thus be a welcome source of common and uncommon crafting materials. :eek:)

tech armor bonus does not calculate properly
In Technical Ability it says "Each increase in level will increase your Armor by 5%", meaning a tech ability of 20 should effectively double your armor (20x5=100), but it always only provides an armor bonus of 5%.

please give us the possibility to either enable a ripperdock of our choice to offer pretty much every cyberware legitimately , or make it possible to enable stock of ripperdocks which "disappeared"
There are two ripperdocs who are not neccessarily a pleasure to have around, but still hold pretty good chrome. However it makes little to no sence that Vic Vector couldn't order some chrome you saw somewhere else. It would be cool if docs had an inventory they have on hand and one catalogue of items they can order for you and install once they arrive (in like 2 days since ordering).

nightvision should be implemented in V's Kiroshis
Honestly - I do not understand how this slipped your "net". There are several dark locations (especially during night). It would be cool if at least the higher quality Kiroshis offered scanning to also illuminate dark areas.

calls often interrupt miscellaneous conversations (e.g. Claires first call coming in when my V was talking to Delamain)
Calls either shouldn't come in when you'r char is talking to anyone else, or it should be possible to decline a call with a "call me later" message.

I'd like V to be able to start smoking (to please Johnny) and maybe even suffer withdrawal if he doesn't smoke for a while
There are packages of cigarettes after all. ;-) They could be consumables. And withdrawal could be a status effect which increases weapon spread, increases physical damage (withdrawal makes you angry, yes?) but raises stamina consumption for each attack (they would be heavier and less thought-through) and so on. Having a smoke could also have benefits and drawbacks and might be possible behind the wheel. :)

Claire would do MUCH better with a Crusher in hand, please let us equip her before races
A Crusher can tear cars apart and has a relatively low spread, so it would be a cool pick for a race gunner. :) As opposed to the guns she uses which take FOREVER and pretty much make her kinda pointless.

at the end of Beast in Me I would appreciate if you could either disable the optics on or straightout short-circuit/shoot the cameras of all bystanders
Kinda silly to let them make footage which can be used agains Claire.

when holding weapons in photo mode, it would be cool if you could switch them (e.g. in the pose "cover shot")
An hour ago I met an NPC with some BDSM clothing and found the "Cover shot" pose could be hysterical if you could swap the handgun for Sir Falustiff... :)

Thank you for your attention and have a lovely rest of your day! ^^

Cheers!

Mate, there are literal holes in the game world, entire walls missing. There are prefabs missing and typos everywhere (Devilery instead of delivery).

They haven't fixed those simple things, stuff you can fix in one hour worktime, because they don't care. What makes you think they will do what you ask them to do?

Mate, there are literal holes in the game world, entire walls missing. There are prefabs missing and typos everywhere (Devilery instead of delivery).

They haven't fixed those simple things, stuff you can fix in one hour worktime, because they don't care. What makes you think they will do what you ask them to do?
there's also a pothole that kills you, burst out in laughter for a good minute on that one.
These things take longer to fix than general bugs, cause the dev team is for sure much smaller already, so that would lead to communication problems with pple and you actually have to know every single one of them.
Bethesda for example is notoriously bad at how they fix bugs and my guess is its all due to how they manage teams.
No man's sky(Hello Games) however did well after launch cause it wasn't that buggy, it just lacked features, so that's easy to pinpoint, but not sure, never played it personally.
When you work with investors its all about the money, they won't be happy if the game is bad and they won't be if you spend too much developing and cutting in profits and its why the games that are the most suckcessfull (heh) are shitty copy&paste games like fifa, that also entice people to spend stupid amounts of money on worthless bits of information that they don't even own.

The hold to craft is a UI hold over from the console mechanics.

Throw blame where it counts, the stockholders pushing the publisher who pushes the devs for an early release for early profits.

The hold to craft is a UI hold over from the console mechanics.

Throw blame where it counts, the stockholders pushing the publisher who pushes the devs for an early release for early profits.
I may have said the same thing but cdpr is also to blame, I mean sure its hard to say no to people that actually pay for you, if CEO's had any ..strength of character.. and they also didn't do the really big mistake with pre-orders they might have gotten the extra time needed to develop the game.

What makes you think they will do what you ask them to do?

My post is not meant to make demands, it is meant to point out what I personally believe the game could do without and I am posting it here in hopes to gain clout and thus be heard. The changes will not come in a week/month, perhaps not even in a year, but that is not my business. I am a gamer and have a right to voice what I believe could make a game I love better.

And let's be realistic for a minute - there are MUCH bigger fish to fry than what I have listed here, which is why I have specifically used the words ".... I have come about the following things, which either don't make sence to me or are downright issues, none of them are gamebreaking though (but would still make the game better if fixed) ...." hence thank you for your oppinion, it matters exactly as much as mine.

I did, in an earlier post (waaaaay back). Please don't take it the wrong way, as I am seeing eye to eye with your oppinion. This post is one of several where I have pointed out issues which I would like to see fixed, but am realistic enough not to demand them, like so many of my fellow gamers believe they are entitled to. But I digress - let's hope that next year this game will be what we have wanted and by then maybe some of my suggestions will be heard. :)

they need need a way to differ between junk and valuables. In the beginning of the game when money is important, if you get the disassemble junk perk it ends up costing you money since it will also disassemble valuable items that you can sell for $750-$4000.

Top Bottom