Street Cred needs an overhaul.

+
For me, Street Cred needs to be based on the burroughs, or districts, of Night City that you are in. Any bonuses or such will only affect you if you have that much Cred in the district.

Perhaps splitting Street Cred into Night City Cred (max 10), based on main quests and certain side quests, and District Cred (max 40), based on all fixer gigs for that district, for the total of 50 (current max). Maybe your overall SC score could be an average of all six districts?

So, the more quests for Pacifica and the VooDoo Boys, the higher your Cred for that area, but it will have no impact on your Cred for Watson. Why would the Tyger Claws in Japantown care a whit about what you did for a rival gang in another district?

Also, along those same lines, I'd like to see gang affiliation/reputation included. Help the Mox, Tyger Claw rep diminishes, help the Animals, the VooDoo Boys rep drops.

This would slow down leveling of this attribute, but perhaps other attributes could be slowed as well,, making it so that you don't max out too early.

Thoughts?

I see street cred as being mostly about fixers. It makes sense for it to be a global stats in that sense since they're meant to be very well connected individuals, which would apply to connection with other fixers.

Gangs don't really care about your street cred anyway.

I would like a more in-depth street cred system. Right now, it maxes out far too easily and it's only purpose is to unlock content. Be it gigs or cars you can buy. It's just fairly barebones at the moment.

I see street cred as being mostly about fixers. It makes sense for it to be a global stats in that sense since they're meant to be very well connected individuals, which would apply to connection with other fixers.

Gangs don't really care about your street cred anyway.

I would like a more in-depth street cred system. Right now, it maxes out far too easily and it's only purpose is to unlock content. Be it gigs or cars you can buy. It's just fairly barebones at the moment.
I agree about the gang compared to the fixers, but I was considering that news would trickle down by word of mouth, gossip.

Fixers would defin talk to each other, but the phrase "put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind. People talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

Just because Sebastian in Heywood sings your glory, doesn't mean that you've proven anything at all to Dakota in the Badlands.

Perhaps you have to complete a certain percentage of gigs in each district to gain Street Cred. Maybe 1 Cred for 15 percent, another at 45, and a third at 90. So to max out Cred, 90%completion of all gigs is needed. So, with 8 fixers, including Rogue, gigs alone would be responsible for 24 cred points.

This doesn't include police quests, or any miscellaneous side missions.

Just because Sebastian in Heywood sings your glory, doesn't mean that you've proven anything at all to Dakota in the Badlands.

But by that same logic, wouldn't Rogue singing your glory be worth a thousand times more?

The only way I would see your system working is if street cred actually gave you access to fixers. Why would Rogue ever want to work with you after Deshawn's only dealing with you went sideways unless every other fixer is saying you're good? Why would Dakota, who is a Nomad and thus wary of outsiders, ever accept to work with you unless you had street cred to being with?

It would require a whole rework of the game which just isn't happening.

You would still have street Cred. This doesn't stop all Cred at all. You get Cred from main quests, misc quests, police quests, and everything that normally gives Cred. It's just that there is max of 26 points given for any non gig action.

The other 24 comes from doing gigs for fixers.

I think the idea of of locking fixers behind street cred district cap is a good one. It would give the illusion that the word is getting around about you. But the whole street cred system needs an overhaul. It needs to be impactful to the district's you are in and your interactions. Clothing choice needs to be added to this too. For this play through i am juat going for style, at lvl 29, 400 armour. Still wearing common gear pieces cause I like the look of them and can still kill gangers with head shots in a few rounds, also makes you adjust the way you play having low armour. But damn I look good flatlining them :) Raise the street cred cap, 50 is way too small of a number. I have seen npc's with 300SC why them and not us. Fair enough it unlocks items from vendors but it really serves no purpose so why cap it at 50. I maxed out at lvl 19 on second play through.

Last edited:
I think the idea of of locking fixers behind street cred district cap is a good one. It would give the illusion that the word is getting around about you. But the whole street cred system needs an overhaul. It needs to be impactful to the district's you are in and your interactions. Clothing choice needs to be added to this too. For this play through i am juat going for style, at lvl 29, 400 armour. Still wearing common gear pieces cause I like the look of them and can still kill gangers with head shots in a few rounds, also makes you adjust the way you play having low armour. But damn I look good flatlining them :) Raise the street cred cap, 50 is way too small of a number. I have seen npc's with 300SC why them and not us. Fair enough it unlocks items from vendors but it really serves no purpose so why cap it at 50. I maxed out at lvl 19 on second play through.

2 things,

1.) Street Cred in a much older build before release was attached to clothing, you can find old videos of it... for some reason it wasn't working so they changed the system to what me have. The system we have isn't great, but if the old one was so broken they dropped it there is probably a reason.

2.) the 300SC your talking about I'm pretty sure that's not their SC level it is how many SC points you get for taking them out.

2 things,

1.) Street Cred in a much older build before release was attached to clothing, you can find old videos of it... for some reason it wasn't working so they changed the system to what me have. The system we have isn't great, but if the old one was so broken they dropped it there is probably a reason.

2.) the 300SC your talking about I'm pretty sure that's not their SC level it is how many SC points you get for taking them out.
I remember the videos of SC attached to clothing. A reason I brought it up. It should be reintroduced with a SC increase. It should also affect the way people interact with you, if they can overhaul the AI system.
If that is the case with the points you gain that makes sense then. I was bummed our cap capped out at 50 and thought npc's had way higher SC

For me, Street Cred needs to be based on the burroughs, or districts, of Night City that you are in. Any bonuses or such will only affect you if you have that much Cred in the district.

Perhaps splitting Street Cred into Night City Cred (max 10), based on main quests and certain side quests, and District Cred (max 40), based on all fixer gigs for that district, for the total of 50 (current max). Maybe your overall SC score could be an average of all six districts?

So, the more quests for Pacifica and the VooDoo Boys, the higher your Cred for that area, but it will have no impact on your Cred for Watson. Why would the Tyger Claws in Japantown care a whit about what you did for a rival gang in another district?

Also, along those same lines, I'd like to see gang affiliation/reputation included. Help the Mox, Tyger Claw rep diminishes, help the Animals, the VooDoo Boys rep drops.

This would slow down leveling of this attribute, but perhaps other attributes could be slowed as well,, making it so that you don't max out too early.

Thoughts?

It can be great in another kind of game, but V is a merc, who does jobs for fixer and if you want to take the side of one or another clan and if you can lose creds because of this then you'll need completely to ignore the jobs from some fixers or side quests (like the Judy and the tiger claws ). I don't see the problem with the attributes, they give you the points and the perks and it is up to you if you gonna assign them or not. There is also another way to not level fast-just don't hurry to do the main quests. Some people, especially when not playing the game the first time prefer to advance faster in the story and this can be an issue if the level is too low for some missions.

It can be great in another kind of game, but V is a merc, who does jobs for fixer and if you want to take the side of one or another clan and if you can lose creds because of this then you'll need completely to ignore the jobs from some fixers or side quests (like the Judy and the tiger claws ). I don't see the problem with the attributes, they give you the points and the perks and it is up to you if you gonna assign them or not. There is also another way to not level fast-just don't hurry to do the main quests. Some people, especially when not playing the game the first time prefer to advance faster in the story and this can be an issue if the level is too low for some missions.
You can max out street cred rather quick though. I maxed out lvl 19. Maybe just locking fixers behind a district cap would work better, not gang affiliation. I agree with what you said about completely avoiding certain content in case of losing SC with a specific affiliation. Raise the SC cap to allow the locking of fixers instead

In my opinion the current street cred that is in the game should be city wide and each each faction should have a "Street Cred" rating and all of the ratings should climb or fall as you complete gigs. For example you complete a gig for the Voodoo Boys against Malestrom your VDB rating should go up and your Malestrom rating should go down, possibly with other ratings getting affected depending on how they like those two factions.

Will this happen, most likely not as it would be a complete overhaul of the game.

In my opinion the current street cred that is in the game should be city wide and each each faction should have a "Street Cred" rating and all of the ratings should climb or fall as you complete gigs. For example you complete a gig for the Voodoo Boys against Malestrom your VDB rating should go up and your Malestrom rating should go down, possibly with other ratings getting affected depending on how they like those two factions.

Will this happen, most likely not as it would be a complete overhaul of the game.
Each faction or each fixer? If you are affiliating yourself.with a gang I don't see how it would work well. Just My opinion though. As Aiko said you could completely miss content cause you don't want to lose SC with a certain gang

I don't get why factions are drawn to these as the world works through fixer. Say in real world, if someone hires mob or mercenaries, what point there would be go against those mobs or mercenaries when problem is who hired them and there will always be a mob or mercenary anyway?

I don’t see Street Cred as a “relationship value”. I see it as “reputation”, or how competent and badass people have heard you are.

So it doesn’t represent how much everyone likes you, it represents how much they respect/fear you based on your rep.

That’s why you can take a mission from Regina to kill a bunch of people and your SC goes up for everyone. They all heard you are an effective assassin, regardless of who you did the job for.

Honestly I like how the system works in some things, like how doing a mission for or against a gang will possibly have an effect later on in the game, street cred opens up jobs, but how you do those jobs effects the world. Like I took a job and i ended up killing valentinos, later on a side mission valentinos knew who I was so instead of being able to talk them down(which I did on my first playthrough) they attacked me. Don't get me wrong it's not perfect what we got, but I like that choice matters more in that situation instead of SC level. I'd love to see SC open up more vendor options It says it does but they still feel kinda limited to me, and I wouldn't mind people reacting a little different towards you based on SC, But as far as a complete overhaul I'd rather they improve it and give it more impact/open more things.

When I was working for my old State Civil Service Agency---I was in charge of "Security Threat Group" (Agency yuppie speak for gangs) management for a couple of years. There were always elements of 6-12 twelve gangs present, as well as lone wolves, and the rapidity with which they feuded and then formed temporary alliances was truly amazing. Then throw some Bloods/Crips affiliation by individual gangs to sicken the plot!

griffonwing's OP is correct; to the extent there should have been a much more dynamic relationship between individual gangs (more conflicts and temporary alliances), and V's street cred; depending on which fixer he was working for, and which gang/s he was "interacting" with as well as the nature of that interaction; built into CP. That would be nothing more than mimicing the real life I observed and participated in. When we go to our journal page/screen; a VU meter (or something) showing the current state of relationships of V, and all the other entities bangers, Militech, Arasaka, NCPD, etc would have been cool. An overview, as it were, of V's standing that instance in the Night City "community". :D Highly competetive environment, lot's of eddies to be made, lot's of violence involved---there's NO WAY street cred should be global; if you're hot **** with me------you must have ****ed off our rivals of the moment to get there (and vice versa).

As scripted and linear as the campaign is (for all three life paths no less); I don't see anyway to patch in such a system at this late a date. If there is a follow on CP-------HECK YEA!

This would be akin to Fallout 3 vs Fallout 3 New Vegas, and the faction/reputation system that Obsidian originated in 1 and 2, and reintroduced in NV.

If nothing else, I do hope that CDPR takes all of these constructive criticism posts, and considers them for the innevitable CP2xxx sequel.

And regarding your actions closing of potential jobs with gangs, dems da breaks. You can't have everything. You can't be best friends with the Mox and with Tyger Claws.

When Anvil Studios made Freelancer, they used a faction-system that went up if you fought with them or dropped if you fought for a rival. The only way to maximize for all factions was the one common enemy they all despised. But it was a system were factions were taken into account.

I don’t see Street Cred as a “relationship value”. I see it as “reputation”, or how competent and badass people have heard you are.

So it doesn’t represent how much everyone likes you, it represents how much they respect/fear you based on your rep.

That’s why you can take a mission from Regina to kill a bunch of people and your SC goes up for everyone. They all heard you are an effective assassin, regardless of who you did the job for.
agreed, i like the current system better
would also be cumbersome to level each area seperately

Top Bottom