Was there an increase of random events in NC?

+
I'm on my second playthrough and I noticed more random events happening in the city. I've been playing since day 1, and on my first playthrough the city was very much dead. Now I notice gangs fighting each other, gangs blocking the street with their cars or setting cars on fire, also just now I came across some guards fighting robots in front of fancy buildings.
I'm guessing they weren't triggering when the game was released and some patch must have fixed this.

Anyone else noticed this?

It's just that, your noticing more and paying attention to what's around you. I'm 300hrs in for the first playthrough and I'm still less than 3/4's of the way done with finding all the hidden items, NCPD events, gigs, side jobs, and gang gatherings that are not just random respawn points.

a
It's just that, your noticing more and paying attention to what's around you. I'm 300hrs in for the first playthrough and I'm still less than 3/4's of the way done with finding all the hidden items, NCPD events, gigs, side jobs, and gang gatherings that are not just random respawn points.

are you sure?
I had 160 hours in my first playthrough before the latest patch, finished all gigs and NCPD content and basically went around car everywhere, and I only remember one random event that bugged. It was two cops killing two gang members and one of them after being shot wouldn't drop.

Last edited:
I believe the fixes are reveling small things that weren't quite working as frequently as they should. I notice now that if I stand just at the edge of the road cars will swerve, almost partway into the other lane, to go around me. I've also noticed subtle changes in enemy behavior, yet I've not quite been able to put my finger on what exactly has changed, but they are behaving a little differently. Crowd AI also behaves slightly different as well. Not everyone immediately cowers. Some back off, some run away, some will even head to a small room to cower if one is available.

I think that the latest patches are fixing some of the bugs. I remember a while back, people were talking about calling Jackie on the cell to leave him messages after his death; but when I did it, the phone just hung up -- and I couldn't say anything. Now that we have had several hotfixes, I can call him and leave messages.

random events like gangs blocking roads (especially Mealstorm) or gangs fighting eachother are in game from beginning with day 1 patch (100%). Maybe your savegame was bugged, it can influence your whole game for some reason ( for example bugged quests, bugged phonecalls with Delamain in backgorund etc.), only way to solve it is to play new game.
Post automatically merged:

Also remember city is pretty huge, it's not like something random will happen every 100 meters you will walk, that would be unrealistic.

The higher you set the crowd density, the higher the chance random events will occur; cars plowing into each other, non-combatants getting caught in crossfire.

What is not random to a programmer is to those that are not. Events that are fixed to a location, some events are fixed to a time frame of the day, some are also fixed to only happening after X mission is completed, some events are changed based on which NPCs you allowed to live/die in missions, or started a fight with.

Going back over places you already cleared will show you new events keeping that location alive.

Top Bottom