Can we please stop the 'it was promised' nonsense?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have the right to be upset. It was over marketed without any clear feature list, hyping it endlessly and misleading in the promotional material.

Don't know why you would want people to stop talking about it. The more people open up their eyes to PR bs, the better we will be off it.

Sorry for being a dick but you can't be almost sure. You're either sure, or you're not. :p

I wish I could add something more meaningful to this topic but I'm really tired of it.
Good luck to those that are trying to have a civil conversation. Cya!
Yes you cane be "almost sure", but I wrote on polish version of this forum,before release, how they will deal with GTA fans after release of this game? Is it enough for you?

So are the games I mentioned. Hello?
How long can you play one game?

Imagine unironically saying the product sold doesnt have to match the advertised product.

Go to a hairdresser, ask for an Afro, get shaved bald instead.

Youre a genius OP. The world is a better place because you exist.
Except that's not what happened. If you want to use that analogy, use an actually good comparison.

What happened is closer to the hairdresser says "I'm going to give you a bob!" and you say "Okay, give me that bob!" thinking you're getting a Cleopatra and they give you an A-line.

It's far more disingenuous for you to make the assertion that the community pulled these expectations out of thin air. They were deliberately led to believe a lot of these things with dishonest marketing which is about as close to "promised" as you can get without someone from the company explicitly stating that "x" feature will definitely be in the final game. You are pretty much trying to argue semantics at that point.

Showing something, implying this is our intent for the game and making a literal "promise" are two VERY different things. And that is my point, nuance.

Well Skyrim has been out for 10 years, and the Special Edition right now has more players on Steam than CP77.

Yes, because Enderal is being ported into Skyrim SE, news of this came out last week. Witcher 3 is still being played as well, just a few below. Both are well above the next-highest Bethsoft SP game, FO 4.

So by your logic, CDPR is doing better than Bethesda overall. And they are.

Showing something, implying this is our intent for the game and making a literal "promise" are two VERY different things. And that is my point, nuance.
Which games promises something in the first place? How does even one "promise" in game industry?
Post automatically merged:

Yes, because Enderal is being ported into Skyrim SE, news of this came out last week. Witcher 3 is still being played as well, just a few below. Both are well above the next-highest Bethsoft SP game, FO 4.

So by your logic, CDPR is doing better than Bethesda overall. And they are.
You have to take into account ammount of hype did cp had and increasing ammount of gamers worldwide, not to mention Netflix boosting sales by very huge ammount. Also if game is being ported so much that only means that it has huge player base, which cp has no hope of accomplishing

it's not "nonsense", it's based on real statements from CDPR and their devs during all these years.
and while it's pretty clear that for your own pleasure it is your wish that people would stop bringing this up, you simply aren't in control. Soooooo...

Youre contradicting your own post here. Marketing went full yolo and youre suprised why people were dissapointed? Even there are plenty interviews from developers which hyped game themselfs, what is disigenous is blame fans due to games poor state

Not all all. I suggest you need to understand the different with a preview, this is our desired hope for the game a year+ in advance and a literal promise, this is going to be in no matter what. Two very different claims.

And I was VERY clear that I am NOT defending their overzealous PR/marketing/community team on letting the hype train go into overdrive and off the rails and did little to curb that. That is on CDPR and CDPR alone. I am saying however if you are a gamer older then your teens then you shouldn't have been so gullible to allow said train to sweep one up and take everything said as fact, in stone when nothing is in game dev unless explicitly said. Showing a feature a year out from release in a trailer is NOT the same as a promise and that is where the issue lays. That is my point.

I think features mentioned here were like taken for granted, game with big factions and without being able mostly interact with them... Who would have thought?
That's basically it. They hyped the game up themselves. They created the gangs. And than used them as plot devices only. No depth, no real true interaction. That's why people are like: Where's the joining faction system? where's the elements that games such as Saints Row and GTA have done. Because there's nothing else to fall back on. If the story actually did what they've promised, and done in the past. Used all the characters, gangs, villians, LP's to perfection. I wouldn't have complained I couldn't join a gang. But you did nothing with nearly all of them. Ofcourse people are gonna start saying. Why didn't you do this than etc.

And I was VERY clear that I am NOT defending their overzealous PR/marketing/community team on letting the hype train go into overdrive and off the rails and did little to curb that. That is on CDPR and CDPR alone. I am saying however if you are a gamer older then your teens then you shouldn't have been so gullible to allow said train to sweep one up and take everything said as fact, in stone when nothing is in game dev unless explicitly said. Showing a feature a year out from release in a trailer is NOT the same as a promise and that is where the issue lays. That is my point.
It's problem because of preorders. I can understand console players, why they are angry if they preordered game. Sony won't refund games.

That's basically it. They hyped the game up themselves. They created the gangs. And than used them as plot devices only. No depth, no real true interaction. That's why people are like: Where's the joining faction system? where's the elements that games such as Saints Row and GTA have done. Because there's nothing else to fall back on. If the story actually did what they've promised, and done in the past. Used all the characters, gangs, villians, LP's to perfection. I wouldn't have complained I couldn't join a gang. But you did nothing with nearly all of them. Ofcourse people are gonna start saying. Why didn't you do this than etc.
Joining factions like gangs was never option (even for street kid) and it was said before release. It's against lore.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Yes you cane be "almost sure", but I wrote on polish version of this forum,before release, how they will deal with GTA fans after release of this game?
Yes, sounds reasonable.
However I'm still convinced that one shouldn't say almost sure, because in some circumstances it can sound hesitant or unconfident.

It's problem because of preorders. I can understand console players, why they are angry if they preordered game. Sony won't refund games.

Joining factions like gangs was never option (even for street kid) and it was said before release. It's against lore.
Not the argument. If you do such poor work with said characters in question. They need other elements to them. They chose to write them badly and gave them nothing game wise. Also, just because lore says so. Doesn't mean it makes sense. When you look at the world logically.

Can we please stop the 'shilling for giant corporations' nonsense?
Nobody is shilling. I recall how Mass Effect 3 was marketed, Take Back the Earth! and then it was... LOL. Most of that game was actually fighting other faction than main antagonist. Thinking of it, ME2 had these cut scene impressive NPC's too, but it weren't so overblown.

I haven't followed gaming media or culture for ages. It's not only because of ME3 but simply because really interesting things never happened to begin with, these sort of interactive books, fact and fiction that were envisioned when we moved from 8-bit systems to Amiga and Atari ST.

I don't know all the background of what happened here, but gangs, flying cars, things people tend to hung with despite CDRP explicitly telling that they are not going to be in game, I wonder how people managed to follow the hype and not follow it at the same time?

Yes, sounds reasonable.
However I'm still convinced that one shouldn't say almost sure, because in some circumstances it can sound hesitant or unconfident.
Because it was hestinant and uncofident.:D

Not the argument. If you do such poor work with said characters in question. They need other elements to them. They chose to write them badly and gave them nothing game wise. Also, just because lore says so. Doesn't mean it makes sense. When you look at the world logically.
Nope I think you're wrong here. They never promised you will be able to join gangs, heck, they even said you won't be able to join them. But tbh you can join gang in game: Aldecados, so they overdelivered in this aspect.

Nobody is shilling. I recall how Mass Effect 3 was marketed, Take Back the Earth! and then it was... LOL. Most of that game was actually fighting other faction than main antagonist. Thinking of it, ME2 had these cut scene impressive NPC's too, but it weren't so overblown.

I haven't followed gaming media or culture for ages. It's not only because of ME3 but simply because really interesting things never happened to begin with, these sort of interactive books, fact and fiction that were envisioned when we moved from 8-bit systems to Amiga and Atari ST.

I don't know all the background of what happened here, but gangs, flying cars, things people tend to hung with despite CDRP explicitly telling that they are not going to be in game, I wonder how people managed to follow the hype and not follow it at the same time?
I think fairest answer is majority were hyped, but not followed every detail. I would gues majority saw few videos and thats all, hyped literally built on itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom