[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
There is that, but I expect the punishment for choosing Devil will continue on into any potential DLC. Imagine some Bioshock style “I’m going to shoot you now” and they get to be like “Oh, are you? I don’t think you will, or even can.” BOOM, you’re Adam Smasher 2.0 now, kiss the ring.
Locking yourself into the bad ending of a DLC for choosing the ending they didn't want you to choose in the main story? Now that's dumb enough to make sense.

That is, if they decide to do a post main story DLC at all, which I think is less likely the more I see

That is, if they decide to do a post main story DLC at all, which I think is less likely the more I see

I go back and forth with it depending on how bad of a mood I’m in :p

Post story makes the most sense if they don’t want to pay to bring Keanu back for more lines, but it requires leaving out Temperance endings. I think they’d get a lot of pushback if they did anything pre-Heist as people will see it as them charging for cut content. But if they’re happy leaving V hanging like that as some sort of moral lesson then I guess we’re in for more characters showing up mid-game, working their way into our hearts to just kind of... meld into whatever surface is nearest to them forever as soon as they’re done interacting with V. I really want to hope that’s not how it’s going to go:cry:

I think it will be lonely and cutthroat, but I think they ll let you get a higher level of power and respect than you have in devil. But yeah, I doubt you can give them legal control without repercussions
I doubt it. I suspect subsequent releases will have a set "canon" ending as a base point. (if they will make post ending content DLC)

Also watched ProbablyJacob video about the game.

Very insightful: show that some of the subtlety used had totally past over my head.

Mine depends on whether my last thought was "but both 'you die' endings specify roughly the same time frame which is odd" or "at least one of the senior quest designers is on record saying he doesn't like finishing his quests and he seems like part of the 'if GaMeRs hate it, then it's good' crowd"

Post story makes the most sense if they don’t want to pay to bring Keanu back for more lines, but it requires leaving out Temperance endings.
Recycle a Johnny line from earlier/find an unused line, V responds "I really don't need your input on this one" and pops the beta blockers. They already ignore what Misty says about the pills when she gives them to you and treat them explicitly as "blue makes him go away and red makes you become him temporarily," might as well use it to facilitate doing more fun side content that V totally has time for /s

I think they’d get a lot of pushback if they did anything pre-Heist as people will see it as them charging for cut content. But if they’re happy leaving V hanging like that as some sort of moral lesson then I guess we’re in for more characters showing up mid-game, working their way into our hearts to just kind of... meld into whatever surface is nearest to them forever as soon as they’re done interacting with V. I really want to hope that’s not how it’s going to go:cry:
I think anything they do has to be at the very least act 2, I don't think they'll make people create new characters to play DLC. Something about that just doesn't make it feel like new content, imo. I do believe from what's been said by them about the story that they're somehow satisfied leaving V's current fate as-is.

There is that, but I expect the punishment for choosing Devil will continue on into any potential DLC. Imagine some Bioshock style “I’m going to shoot you now” and they get to be like “Oh, are you? I don’t think you will, or even can.” BOOM, you’re Adam Smasher 2.0 now, kiss the ring.
Post automatically merged:

I’m not gonna lie, her quest was at the point in my game I stopped caring as much so a lot of her dialogue went over my head. I think I went directly from her to the endings. It definitely solidifies a lot of my headcanon, even if that’s probably not where things are going to end up in actual canon.

I think lizzie just went cyberpsycho I don't think she used relic. They said trauma team did a full body conversion. But I may have missed something.
I doubt it. I suspect subsequent releases will have a set "canon" ending as a base point. (if they will make post ending content DLC)

Also watched ProbablyJacob video about the game.

Very insightful: show that some of the subtlety used had totally past over my head.

I think they will continue sun and star definitely, but probably also devil. they represent the three narratives they wanted to tell.

I think anything they do has to be at the very least act 2, I don't think they'll make people create new characters to play DLC. Something about that just doesn't make it feel like new content, imo. I do believe from what's been said by them about the story that they're somehow satisfied leaving V's current fate as-is.

Oh no, I meant I was imagining they’ll introduce new characters for V to meet in any act 2/3 DLC, rather than expanding what/who they already have. If I’m being honest I could be suckered into buying content that had extra romances or or expanded content like that (Vik and Goro :c) but adding anything that actually matters to V, like more developed Panam/Judy/River/Kerry content could taint the endings even more so a safer bet would be just throwing a random Jim Bob, nomad arms dealer or whatever, in for an extra stretch of missions.

Are the "where are you V?" messages in the credits the same in the Johnny keeps the body endings as they are in the Sun ending?

If they are copy-pasted, I am going to exercise my right to ignore them and replace them with headcanon.

The Johnny (Temperance) ones are mostly different. Some of them are the same (I think the LIs you don't date get the same copy/paste job they get in basically all endings)

Post story makes the most sense if they don’t want to pay to bring Keanu back for more lines, but it requires leaving out Temperance endings. I think they’d get a lot of pushback if they did anything pre-Heist as people will see it as them charging for cut content. But if they’re happy leaving V hanging like that as some sort of moral lesson then I guess we’re in for more characters showing up mid-game, working their way into our hearts to just kind of... meld into whatever surface is nearest to them forever as soon as they’re done interacting with V. I really want to hope that’s not how it’s going to go:cry:

The way the ending was set up, with the exact 6months in every ending where you don't die seems like a pretty clear setup to continue the story without the voices in your head.

Before starting Nocturne I made some predictions about the endings, and, of course, I was quite a bit off given that they brought in the DNA stuff out of nowhere. Damn Agatha Christie school of writing...
But I expected that one of the endings, would have been somehow buying more time (slowing down the Relic to a crawl, somehow) but still being stuck with Johnny in your head. Another where you end up in Mikoshi (with, or against, your will), ending up just dead (due to the Relic, not suicide) or having Johnny take over (so yeah, guess I'm not the go-to for the people that want a happier ending ;) ). Based on what Hellman said I didn't expect us to be able to get rid of Johnny and live, at least not at that point.
These, imho, would all have been easily explainable with what we knew before Nocturne, however they would have been really hard to continue on from...

Hmm, I look at it the other way. Instead of continuing the story of V drop it like a bag of rocks and make... new content. I question whether it's worth it to even try bridging endings together or expanding on loose ends to salvage a coherent continuation. That may not be the norm for "DLC" but it's not exactly prohibited.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if DLC ends up as a handful of new clothes, some reskinned rides, a few extra ways to customize private parts or pube shape, a couple quests and nipple tasers either (where the fuck are my nipple tasers? come on CDPR....). Continuing the story or meaningful new content is probably more in-line with an expansion.

well, at least we seemed to stop arguing about the meaning of the term coup d'etat. small victories...

I don't think the disagreement is about what a coup entails. Wasn't Hanako aware Saburo was still alive in digital form the entire time? I had the impression she was acting on his behalf. It's more like Yorinobu was attempting a coup to usurp power from Saburo and Hanako was helping Saburo thwart his efforts to restore power where it was initially. It's not exactly a coup if one entity is attempting to deny another from executing a coup.

If I am wrong about any of this feel free to share. Nobody knows everything :).

Oh no, I meant I was imagining they’ll introduce new characters for V to meet in any act 2/3 DLC, rather than expanding what/who they already have. If I’m being honest I could be suckered into buying content that had extra romances or or expanded content like that (Vik and Goro :c) but adding anything that actually matters to V, like more developed Panam/Judy/River/Kerry content could taint the endings even more so a safer bet would be just throwing a random Jim Bob, nomad arms dealer or whatever, in for an extra stretch of missions.
Oh I figured that's what you meant, I meant people would have to restart the game if they made DLC that happens before act 2. I fully expect it'll be with all new characters and we get into it with a random "Hey V, it's Jimmy MemorableFixer here, I have BIG JOB ready to go"

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if DLC ends up as a handful of new clothes, some reskinned rides, a few extra ways to customize private parts or pube shape, a couple quests and nipple tasers either (where the fuck are my nipple tasers? come on CDPR....). Continuing the story or meaningful new content is probably more in-line with an expansion.
I await penis 3 with bated breath

I don't think the disagreement is about what a coup entails. Wasn't Hanako aware Saburo was still alive in digital form the entire time? I had the impression she was acting on his behalf. It's more like Yorinobu was attempting a coup to usurp power from Saburo and Hanako was helping Saburo thwart his efforts to restore power where it was initially. It's not exactly a coup if one entity is attempting to deny another from executing a coup.

If I am wrong about any of this feel free to share. Nobody knows everything :).
No, in hindsight against my argument (re: calming down), you're pretty much right. Especially because - I thiiiink - she was the only person to actually know about Saburo's engram?

Last edited:
Before starting Nocturne I made some predictions about the endings, and, of course, I was quite a bit off given that they brought in the DNA stuff out of nowhere. Damn Agatha Christie school of writing...
-snip-

I wasn’t totally sure what to expect, but I thought it would come down to glory or quiet life, but not the way we were offered. I thought like “you have a chance to BLOW THIS ALL TO SHIT (and die immediately)” or “walk away bruised and beaten down, reputation in tatters, but you’re alive.”

I thought there might be a chance you’d find out Jackie was still alive or in an engram and you’d have to choose between Jackie and Johnny, or some sort of confrontation with a brainwashed Jackie that led to putting him out of his misery.

Based on the quote that gets posted constantly, “can’t save the world, only yourself” I thought there’d be a chance to weigh Night City/your friends and loved ones safety vs your own needs. Like getting the cure from beyond Blackwall but unleashing everything that was behind it, mass chaos and instant cyberpsychos and what have you.

I had a lot more fun guessing endings than playing them.:disapprove:

Again, "coup" remains a "coup". Following your logic, we shouldn't use "kill Yorinobu" cause he's so bad.

Second, Hanako deciding to 1) kill Yorinobu; 2) in a perverted way by placing her father's engram inside (who can actually function simply as an engram) doesn't match my definition of justice either. Referring to your "wtf crazy y'all". :)
It's not a coup... He's not the rightful Emporer... And yes duh putting the engram in his head was evil... Why are you trying to make this a thing

The people in the end that seem to say they will see you later will still be in the game. I think most of them will be there.

I don't think so, but that would be an interesting twist.

Because it is. It's a small coup. It doesn't always have to be against a legitimate leader.
No, it's not a small coup... If the leader is not legitimate a coup is not being done to them. Yorinobu did a coup by killing his father and trapping his sister.

Oh I figured that's what you meant, I meant people would have to restart the game if they made DLC that happens before act 2. I fully expect it'll be with all new characters and we get into it with a random "Hey V, it's Jimmy MemorableFixer here, I have BIG JOB ready to go"

I await penis 3 with bated breath

Ahhh, I get ya. I completely misread, my bad. But they could also handle that with a NG+ at the PNR, if we’re being doom and gloom. Make you pick a sucky ending to get to the new beginning-of-the-game content lol

but also you can’t have penis 3 until we get vagina 2, it’s only fair.

I wasn’t totally sure what to expect, but I thought it would come down to glory or quiet life, but not the way we were offered. I thought like “you have a chance to BLOW THIS ALL TO SHIT (and die immediately)” or “walk away bruised and beaten down, reputation in tatters, but you’re alive.”

I thought there might be a chance you’d find out Jackie was still alive or in an engram and you’d have to choose between Jackie and Johnny, or some sort of confrontation with a brainwashed Jackie that led to putting him out of his misery.

Based on the quote that gets posted constantly, “can’t save the world, only yourself” I thought there’d be a chance to weigh Night City/your friends and loved ones safety vs your own needs. Like getting the cure from beyond Blackwall but unleashing everything that was behind it, mass chaos and instant cyberpsychos and what have you.

I had a lot more fun guessing endings than playing them.:disapprove:
This is my theory, but I also fully believe they soul killed you anyway in the Devil ending so I’m deep in conspiracy land. I think Arasaka is trying to learn how to reprogram engrams so they can replace politicians/important people with pro-Arasaka copies in direct competition with whoever is in charge of the Peralez “rewriting memories while they’re still alive” quest line.
That's what I think too. It's a complete mystery what could happen after you go to mikoshi

Ahhh, I get ya. I completely misread, my bad. But they could also handle that with a NG+ at the PNR, if we’re being doom and gloom. Make you pick a sucky ending to get to the new beginning-of-the-game content lol

but also you can’t have penis 3 until we get vagina 2, it’s only fair.
T h e f o r b i d d e n v a g i n a

I am optimistic for the future of genital sequels

Mr. Blue Eyes will probably be where we next pick up in the story
Yeah, and I saw him for the first time yesterday while talking to Jefferson Peralez. With the hints scattered through the game and The Sun, I won't believe he won't be a major player in a big DLC until they officially announce there will be no more new content for the game. :ROFLMAO: Makes me wish I had a time machine to get to it faster.

Yeah, and I saw him for the first time yesterday while talking to Jefferson Peralez. With the hints scattered through the game and The Sun, I won't believe he won't be a major player in a big DLC until they officially announce there will be no more new content for the game. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe he's secretly Alt. Her plans for world AI domination are well underway. Tremble before the might of my tinfoil hat.

Makes me wish I had a time machine to get to it faster.

Build yourself a spaceship, park it next to a large black hole for a bit then fly it back to Earth.

Top Bottom