Are legendary drop rates getting worse?

+
If this is truly the case, then the Prestige 5 description is very misleading or there's a bug in how the premium card in the first four is selected.

If this is truly the case, then the Prestige 5 description is very misleading or there's a bug in how the premium card in the first four is selected.
I believe it at least favours lower quality cards, if available. (And as there are almost always some commons...)

I'll be opening several hundred kegs once I reach Prestige 5.

Is Prestige 5 where you get one guaranteed animated card per keg? I'm on that now. Are you saying that you haven't opened any keg you've gotten since you started in order to get this bonus? I didn't.

Also, I've had kegs where I've gotten two animated cards...maybe one from the cards you get to choose, probably.

Is Prestige 5 where you get one guaranteed animated card per keg? I'm on that now.
You are correct. Prestige 5 guarantees that at least one of the first four cards revealed in every keg is a Premium.

Are you saying that you haven't opened any keg you've gotten since you started in order to get this bonus? I didn't.
No, I just saved most of my ore and keg rewards for several months.

Also, I've had kegs where I've gotten two animated cards...maybe one from the cards you get to choose, probably.
You can definitely open kegs with multiple Premiums in them. That's really the only way to get Premiums in the first four cards which are Rare or better since the Premium 5 bonus seems to only ever upgrade the lowest rarity card in the keg.

@Six-Sided-Prism in addendum, for me it also overwhelmingly upgrades the 3rd card...

This has been bothering me for almost two seasons and I thought I would never have an opportunity to vent this fact uselessly...my relief is palpable. :smart:

the Premium 5 bonus seems to only ever upgrade the lowest rarity card in the keg.

I'm not sure if the game still uses terms like "silver" and "gold" for cards, which maybe aren't meaningful for people like me who only got into the game in the last year or so. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I've gotten a few cards with at least a 6 provision cost, maybe some even in the double digits. Recently I got one of those things you get when you start the round, I think, and they're the highest provision cost, right?

I'm not sure if the game still uses terms like "silver" and "gold" for cards, which maybe aren't meaningful for people like me who only got into the game in the last year or so. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I've gotten a few cards with at least a 6 provision cost, maybe some even in the double digits. Recently I got one of those things you get when you start the round, I think, and they're the highest provision cost, right?
The actual rarities are Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. Bronze and Gold are more like classifications that often coincide with rarity. When I say that the lowest rarity card is upgraded, I mean that as long as there is a Common in the first four cards of a keg, then the upgraded card will always be a Common.

Today, from opening seven SY kegs, I got Passiflora premium version, Cleaver, Novigradian Justice and Salamandra Hideout. I remember times where I would open like fifty or so and didn't get anything. Pretty sure it's just random.

Today, from opening seven SY kegs, I got Passiflora premium version, Cleaver, Novigradian Justice and Salamandra Hideout. I remember times where I would open like fifty or so and didn't get anything. Pretty sure it's just random.
To counter that, I opened up around 20 Skellige kegs this morning and obtained no Legendaries and only a single Epic. I do wish there was ultimately more consistency within smaller sample sizes.

To counter that, I opened up around 20 Skellige kegs this morning and obtained no Legendaries and only a single Epic. I do wish there was ultimately more consistency within smaller sample sizes.
True, but Gwent is far more generous than any other similar game I know, it's very easy to obtain all cards if you are patient :)

Today opened 10 kegs, 2 of them premiums - got 2 epics in the last (non-premium) ones. But on Wednesday opened the same amount of kegs (I'm completing leader trees, since there are no new ones for season or year currently and I've accumulated a lot of points) - got 5 legendaries, 2 of them in premium kegs. Guess it's totally random after all.

With such few kegs opened at a time any impressions you get about drop rates are going to be highly anecdotal. The only real way to detect a change in the percentage would be to write down info on every single keg until you got a backlog of several thousand and then do some sort of over time comparison of drop rates.

Just opening a few dozen kegs just isn't going to do it.

The actual rarities are Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. Bronze and Gold are more like classifications that often coincide with rarity. When I say that the lowest rarity card is upgraded, I mean that as long as there is a Common in the first four cards of a keg, then the upgraded card will always be a Common.
I'm pretty sure I got a card which is of the kind that only appears when you start the first round and isn't in your deck, e.g. ones which say something like "Give a unit veil and boost it by 4". That's not a common card. I've got a couple of animated ones of that type and I'd be surprised if I used shards to get one, let alone two.

As I said earlier, I've also gotten some premium cards for the other kinds of cards in the game which aren't common, they'd be ones which cost more than 80 shards to craft, if that is still the going rate for the cheapest cards to craft.

Top Bottom