Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • I find it acceptable, but I expected more than that

Votes: 82 58.2%

• Total voters
never played dragon age, but that would be a lot of dialog in this game.
There is a lot of dialogue in Inquisition too. And i'd say your better off not having played it. Origins was cool as hell though.
But they could have added a slider for pitch or something. Just to have a slightly different flavour to my V's. The gangbanger, the suit and the pikey shouldnt sound the same, in my head atleast.

You guys do realize that Gorilla Arms are designed for industrial use? It says so in the description. You are essentially a fucking FORKLIFT with those things.

You also realize that a forklift can rip a person in half with ease? If they were realistic, the pneumatic force would easily put a hole on the dudes chest if you punched with them.

Yeah, the character creation needs a lot of work, and I did expect more from this game even though you would only see your character once in a while or in screenshots. I just created my second character for my third play as 'Street Kid'. My first two games were as 'Nomad'.

My understanding was that 'V' is supposed to be in his / her early twenties. Yet, try as I might, I once again came out with a character (male) that looks like he is in his early to mid thirties. There are no options that I could see that would loose the 'five o'clock' shadow' for the guys even with 'beard' turned off, meaning not enough skin texture options. Skin complexion or tone is another, very hard to find a good skin tone with the lighting in the CC. Body types? there are none. Then what about ethnicity or race you might what, in game there are a variety of different races of people you see, yet not available in the CC.

Character Creator need some help. I hope I can figure out how to mod this game soon, I am reading up on it. One of the first things I will do is create my own skin texture and clothing textures.

So, now off to play my mid thirties...street kid. (this is going to go well, uh huh.)

since it is a fps game I don't care.

And this crap about immersion and you can't see yourself is wrong in so many ways.
True you can't see your face or your back.

But pretty much everything else you can see how you look if you don't you wouldn't be able to dress yourself and yeah you can see how you are dressed yourself even without a mirror.

To see specific sides you might need a full body mirror or two but seeing as there are no such thing in the game what is the bloody point ? Also even if I look down I can hardly see my own clothes but looking down in real life I can see all and my shoes and stuff.

In game I can't even look at my hands so how is that working as immersive.

In game immersion for me has little to do with 1st 3rd or eagle eye view or whatever and more with characters and interaction with others and talking and choices and that you can make an impact here and there.

You guys do realize that Gorilla Arms are designed for industrial use? It says so in the description. You are essentially a fucking FORKLIFT with those things.

You also realize that a forklift can rip a person in half with ease? If they were realistic, the pneumatic force would easily put a hole on the dudes chest if you punched with them.

Not really, although it is a work of fiction, but in reality, since every action has an equal an opposite reaction, their use would be limited as they are still anchored to a human body that would not be able to withstand the forces of punching through hard, solid materials.

Not really, although it is a work of fiction, but in reality, since every action has an equal an opposite reaction, their use would be limited as they are still anchored to a human body that would not be able to withstand the forces of punching through hard, solid materials.

When you equip arms, everything below the elbow gets chopped off. You could easily fit shock absorbers there, and make the core solid.

When you equip arms, everything below the elbow gets chopped off. You could easily fit shock absorbers there, and make the core solid.

Unfortunately, the laws of physics still make it unworkable. With regards to the thread topic, the character creation was ok. Not terrible, but not what I would expect from a game of this scope, with attention paid to attention grabbing gimmicks such as displaying genitals, yet very few options to actually make V your own.

• No inbuilt body physics (bounce); a game this developed should have had them included from outset
Female V's breasts do bounce, though, but only when exposed, i.e. not squashed by clothes. You can most clearly see this in the inventory screen when you take off V's top, and the breasts ('large' for my Fem V) get resized to their normal size before gravity gets a hold of them. You can also somewhat see them move when you look down while walking without a top. It's subtle, but it is there. I guess the movement is limited by their size (just like IRL, where smaller breasts are less affected by their mass as well). I also recall seeing Sandra Dorsett's breasts move when you pick her up during your first post-montage mission.

but can you rip anyone in half? Its kinda like the Double Jump, I can jump 40ft high, but if I am carrying someone forget about it.

The Gorilla arms are not fully realistic. If they where. They would bypass all the door lockouts. Which they should. Tech door lockouts should not be better than ripping doors off. The dumbest one is not able to open those cheap fence doors you just pull off. I was like really...

but can you rip anyone in half? Its kinda like the Double Jump, I can jump 40ft high, but if I am carrying someone forget about it.

The point was, that if they did what the description of them said they did, you could turn a dude into red paste with a punch.

The point was, that if they did what the description of them said they did, you could turn a dude into red paste with a punch.
Yeah i get it, but its just weird to me that you would think some of the abilities would carry over to certain situations. Like if you can double jump, you should be able to at least normal jump when carrying someone.

Yeah i get it, but its just weird to me that you would think some of the abilities would carry over to certain situations. Like if you can double jump, you should be able to at least normal jump when carrying someone.
You would in real life. But the game likes to be a game. And takes a lot of the fun out, to not make it easier.

The Gorilla arms are not fully realistic. If they where. They would bypass all the door lockouts. Which they should. Tech door lockouts should not be better than ripping doors off. The dumbest one is not able to open those cheap fence doors you just pull off. I was like really...

Honestly, it seemed like each arm type had a special ability that was cut:

Mantis blades wall running / climbing

Gorilla Arms ripping & smashing opponents / opening doors

Monowire stunning / hacking opponents

Sad that now they are all generic "they just do damage" options that are essentially interchangeable except the animations.

Honestly, it seemed like each arm type had a special ability that was cut:

Mantis blades wall running / climbing

Gorilla Arms ripping & smashing opponents / opening doors

Monowire stunning / hacking opponents

Sad that now they are all generic "they just do damage" options that are essentially interchangeable except the animations.

well. actually they are different melee weapons with different properties.

1) mantis blades faster attacks/lower stamina, dismember with a dash skill
2)gorilla H2h ruleset, except strong attack damage and knockback added based on quick attacks built up
3)monowire fast attack AOE, extended range. Loses power with each attack

the other skills were shuffled into other forms, so they wouldn't be cyber arm exclusive.

1) rip doors/turrets strength Stat based
2)hacking, tab visual now
3)wall running reworked to leg movement cyberware double, power, hover jump.

basically they didnt want utility tied to weapons, though mantis dash can kinda be used for utility

not sure if momowire power building charge works properly now, it also still probably needs something else combat wise to stand out. I'd probably also make h2h uppercut better somehow.

I would like to see more options for customization. But I'd like to have the option to make changes whenever I want.

Top Bottom