the driving in cyberpunk

+
The reason so many people think driving in CP is bad is because both they have a lead foot that will never let up even in corners or bumps sending them into uncontrollable jumps and fishtails, as well as using poor handling vehicle options with either too much acceleration or not tight enough turning.

It's not the games fault for bad player choices.

One of the biggest issues on PC is that the forward button is full accelerate and if you let off you start to coast or brake depending on your speed....there is no way to maintain speed, so you are either accelerating or decelerating. Thus it is easy to keep going faster, because you keep the forward button down to keep going, even when you would rather just hold a slower speed. They should make forward accelerate, let off hold, and down brake/decel.

I find no problem with it, even keeping near full speed and avoiding traffic. Though I done a fair bit of driving in FPS games where the driving engine is not as good as it should be. In Halo I got to the point where my only weapon was the warthog.

The reason so many people think driving in CP is bad is because both they have a lead foot that will never let up even in corners or bumps sending them into uncontrollable jumps and fishtails, as well as using poor handling vehicle options with either too much acceleration or not tight enough turning.

i did play watch dogs legion and it's driveing is better
Post automatically merged:

i tested evey car all and did all ways of diving and the only way to drive is being slow so
the only way to drive is slow driving

Driving in CP is terrible, points to show my point.
The car handles like they have one center wheel, in bikes you can see this clearly
You cannot makes curves, in any new game if the car don´t have stability and you try a difficult curve the car will spin or something, in CP the car just don´t make the curve
The minimap is small so you always lose the entry
There is no directions on screen, just the mini map, so you don´t see the city, you travel looking the minimap
Most cars just don´t brake
When you hit something is like the car don´t have mass
If your car is broken they handle the same way as new, there is 2 states, blowup or fine.
The view from FPS makes impossible to drive, only exterior camera works

IMO, no, driving is not the strong part in CP... In special comparing to any game made in the last 10 years.

The cars handle just fine for an FPS engine game with a driving engine added in. Comparing to like GTA which is a driving engine game with FPS added in is just not going to work.

There are cars in CP that handle perfectly even at full speed, in corners slow down just like real life...unless the car is weighted and balanced for high speed cornering.

The rotating minimap does not help, a fixed Northen edge at the top that is slightly larger when driving would help.

I think it's bad because it's bad. Driving in CP77 is absolutely nothing like driving a car IRL (not even my driving, which is... er, the less said the better, probably). It's like driving on ice, and a steering system that instantly goes from nothing to full lock and back again, causing a weird combination of both oversteer and a huge turning circle. It's not just the handling but the profusion of immovable obstacles lining the roads which can so thoroughly wedge a car in place that the only options are to either get out and walk or reload.

One of the biggest issues on PC is that the forward button is full accelerate and if you let off you start to coast or brake depending on your speed....there is no way to maintain speed, so you are either accelerating or decelerating. Thus it is easy to keep going faster, because you keep the forward button down to keep going, even when you would rather just hold a slower speed. They should make forward accelerate, let off hold, and down brake/decel.

Or they make it like the walking in person. At walking you dont continoustly accelerate pressing forward either, you keep your speed and for running you have to press an additonal key on the keyboard.

So why not driving at the legally max speed in town if only press forward and to accelerate till the cars max speed you have to press forward together with the running key. If you then let the running key go, the car returns to the legal speed. Dont know the legal in town speed in mph but in germany its 50km/h.

I find the driving mostly fine, but there are exceptions depending on vehicle - also some minor problems generally:

Some cars seem easy to fishtail and lose control.
Analog stick feels simultaneously oversensitive and not sensitive enough.
Breaking distances are ridiculously long.
Traffic AI is nonexistent.
In first person it's impossible to see out of the windscreen due to clutter and turbocharger/Nomad accoutrements protruding from the hood/bonnet, made worse by the glare issues.

Which is why it's easier to use motorcyles. Sometimes I really like driving some cars like the Mizutani Shion MZ2 (I guess this makes me a flash poser) and Thorton Galena "Rattler", others like the Quadra Turbo R feel like an uncontrollable mess for me, that one doesn't appear to have any way to maintain a reasonable speed or cruise with it.

I hate driving in this game, a lot of the cars just have too much power for the city itself with the NPC cars driving so slow or the surprise pop up cars. Some of the high powered cars need some type of traction control or CDPR needs to make them awd, you can see the high powered cars just spins tires 1st -3rd gear. Then a lot of the cars feel to loose, they get away from you when you hit a corner/turn even if your driving slow. If I do have to drive in the game, I only drive the Shion Coyote its the only car in the game where the power matches the car imo.

Yeah, your experiences are not universal. I consciously try to drive at a not-lead-food-pace, and it's difficult. Stop go stop go stop go. Steering is difficult to compensate for at the best of time for me. The driving isn't good.
I think what they are saying is "walk or take a taxi".

It takes hours of practice to drive using keyboard and mouse in this game. It is literally like learning to drive, except where most RL driving students are afraid to press down on the accelerator pedal, in the game, we mash it to the floor and then scream as the car careens out of control, mowing down pedestrians and light poles, then bounces off of barriers into more pedestrians. Eventually the cops shoot the car enough that it explodes. Thus endeth Night City driving lesson #729.

The cars handle just fine for an FPS engine game with a driving engine added in. Comparing to like GTA which is a driving engine game with FPS added in is just not going to work.

There are cars in CP that handle perfectly even at full speed, in corners slow down just like real life...unless the car is weighted and balanced for high speed cornering.

The rotating minimap does not help, a fixed Northen edge at the top that is slightly larger when driving would help.
I disagree. Thanks to an Epic freebee, I've just played RAGE 2 which manages FPS and driving just fine as did it's predecessor. The driving in CP is jank.

driving in the actual city usually gives me issues, and only time i raged at the game was being Claire's driver, but i found when you left the city and were driving over open country that's where the driving really shone.

Top Bottom