JohnnyV romance [SPOILERS]

+
Hello everyone! I want to immediately apologize for possible errors in the text, because I’m not native speaker.

so, let’s get started. I would like to know your opinion - do you think Johnny and romance is possible?

I think that’s might be interesting, for some time they were one and at his grave Johnny said that he had no one closer V. And I think not only from the fact that he was stuck in her head.

Do you remember Lizzie Wizzy? And bartender’s wife? They both completely changed their bodies. Johnny in V's body can calmly change his appearance to the old one.

From the ending “Don’t fear the reaper” (I think this is a reference to death, since she always appears in the form of a reaper, they immediately suggest not to be afraid of her) , if we give body to Johnny , Misty’s tarot deck get us Magician Hanand Star.

we remember that Magician - Johnny’s card. V said it when she was at Misty’s. So , that’s card combination meaning “
Talents. Sales. , Healing, hope, inspiration.
Healing, hope, inspiration.
Seeing what truly matters.”

Is this a reference to the return of V? Do you think?
FD3BD4C7-11AA-4598-8B15-40868ED8AC12.jpeg

Guest 4412420

From the ending “Don’t fear the reaper” (I think this is a reference to death, since she always appears in the form of a reaper, they immediately suggest not to be afraid of her)
Don't Fear the Reaper is a name of a song by Blue Oyster Cult. Quests in Act 2 and forward are named after various songs.

As for romance with Johnny... I personally don't think so. He's gone in all but one ending and in that ending he leaves Night City seemingly for good so it's very unlikely he'll be back. Every ending in one way or the other is a send-off to his character.

As for V returning, they might hopefully will but not from cyberspace cause the quest objective at the end reads as: "Cross the bridge and enter Cyberspace forever." Forever sounds like a pretty permanent situation.

As for V returning, they might hopefully will but not from cyberspace cause the quest objective at the end reads as: "Cross the bridge and enter Cyberspace forever." Forever sounds like a pretty permanent situation.

Well... It's actually Alt offering you that choice, the all seeing, all knowing, powerful AI that didn't know your body would not accept your Engram... I still highly doubt that it didn't know...
So it could be that it stresses the forever part of the choice because it doesn't want you to explore other options: Its goal is for your conciousness to join the its AI hive mind or something like that...

Well... It's actually Alt offering you that choice, the all seeing, all knowing, powerful AI that didn't know your body would not accept your Engram... I still highly doubt that it didn't know...
So it could be that it stresses the forever part of the choice because it doesn't want you to explore other options: Its goal is for your conciousness to join the its AI hive mind or something like that...
Well perhaps there is some way to actually have V's body to accept V's engram? Perhaps, low enough score of melding with Johnny ("sync" stat) allows that, together with never allowing him to "get behind the wheel"?

I wouldn't be surprised, seeing what exactly Alt says about reasons for V's body transformation to Johnny's. And since it'd take considerable, intentional effort to stay very low, or even 0% sync (is 0% at all possible? iirc, it ain't?) - chances are almost nobody would experience this variation, if it indeed exists. Even harder to get into it if also certain quests' specific dialog choices are also required.

As for why Alt recommends V to become an engram "forever" - much simpler reason actually exists and pretty much explained by Alt itself during very same scene. Note how Alt mentions that she was a netrunner back in her human days and thus knew how to survive. This is all there is to it: she knew even back in human form, and continues to know, that individual's personality survival is much more simpler to ensure when one is in fully digital form (and not imprisoned / deactivated in Mikoshi, like Johnny was).

Even after 50 years of such existance, Alt demonstrates plenty human features in what it says, in how it looks, and in what it does. Even mentions one of them itself - namely, self-preservation. In the same time, yes, Alt is no longer "she", it's "it" - an AI. However, arguably, this is not a change for the worse - arguably, it's a change for the better. At least, we can see how easily and effectively Alt deals with presumably most well-defended cyber fortress of the day - Mikoshi's physical security system falls in an instant, once V plugs in Alt's code into it. Clearly a dream come true for any netrunner (and V may well be one, depending on how we develop V).

Top Bottom