Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO new DLC is so far out for CDPR at the moment it makes no sense to say anything about it; I would not expect any new DLC content in 2021,maybe some minor free content updates in 2H; and with probably more then a year away a lot can change. I would rather have communication about stuff that is expected in the next 1-2 months.
What is expected in 1-2 months then? Just patches right?

Honestly I do not think CDPR cares that women don't get to enjoy the game as much as men. That's the whole gaming industry I guess, nothing has changed.

Wait, so the patch was delayed because of the sexist patriachy?

Seems a stretch. There are hetero and homo romance options for both males and females...not sure what you are saying here.

Wait, so the patch was delayed because of the sexist patriachy?

Seems a stretch. There are hetero and homo romance options for both males and females...not sure what you are saying here.
No, that's not what I meant... I meant that there is more replay value for men than women. It would be easier to wait for patches and things if we got the same quality of content as men did.

Please, I do not want to get into the shit romance they stuck us with just to say they gave us something in this thread.

IMO new DLC is so far out for CDPR at the moment it makes no sense to say anything about it; I would not expect any new DLC content in 2021,maybe some minor free content updates in 2H; and with probably more then a year away a lot can change. I would rather have communication about stuff that is expected in the next 1-2 months.

The DLC was always going to be delayed, lets be honest here. That "road map" they released was so laughably made up. That's probably why they didn't exactly put dates on that thing, so that they could push things then pull a Badowski and say "see we didn't promise anything, and we put a disclaimer on it, it's your fault".

Now they can and will use the whole hack thing as an excuse for what is realistic. Anytime in the next decade that something is going to be delayed they'll use the hack as the excuse for delaying it, just like they used COVID, at least until the next occurrence happens that they can PR spin and use.

I'd expect a bunch of minor stuff, maybe leading up to the first DLC sometime around September to December, depending on their cash needs, (whether it's ready for launch won't even be considered... again.) Then they're spend the next couple of months patching it to where it should have been, then finally will release the second DLC sometime around April of 2021.

I'm a patient person but saying things like "take as much time as you need" to fix a broken product you purchased is just sad... Imagine saying this to a mechanic fixing a faulty car you bought from..

Game has worked fine for me, and I'm at over 400 hours played. Don't know what to tell you. What's wrong with taking the necessary time to finish the patch? Would you rather a patch that doesn't work because it was released early and was not ready?

2. The scope of the patch was bigger than previous patches.
Who thought that would be a good idea? Everything has been pointing out that larger scope things is something that CDPR can't handle right now. Did people there learn anything from the disastrous launch?

Then clarify what you're saying?

Otherwise it really sounds like you're making one gigantic leap here.
If you romance Panam or Judy you get a whole storyline that is deeply connected with the main quest line and you get a meaningful ending with them. They stuck us with River who didn't even have anything to do with the main storyline, I'm assuming just to say they did something.

This announcement was exactly what we needed instead of keeping us in the dark. I would rather them put out a patch that works than some half-assed crap that they have to put out another hotfix for. The complexity of the situation is a little more than some folks care to grasp I guess. They had to recode the whole thing again because someone decided to see fit to hack the files so it's completely understandable that the patch is delayed. Communication is key here and that's what they did, much appreciated CDPR.
Fonz.gif

What a JOKE!!! CDPR never was going to release a patch in February, they are just playing games with everyone. And, they are already talking about Witcher 4? That tells me that Cyberpunk 2077 is already dead for them. Done with their BS!!!

Well heck they were taking Cyberpunk back in 2012, so talking about Witcher 4 now doesn't really mean anything. This could just be them starting the hype train up, for another 8 year development cycle. Besides, they almost have to hype up Witcher 4 now from a PR standpoint. They've lost a lot of good will and satisfied customers, by them talking about Witcher 4, their foundation, they'll drag more Witcher enthusiasts back to their table. No other game will drag people back to CDPR. They've messed up Gwent, they messed up Cyperpunk, they need to rebuild their base, so Witcher makes the most sense to do with.

In my opinion is better to wait for bigger patches which actually adress problems then little one which create more problems then they fix

I've been hard on CDPR throughout this launch "situation", but in this case I'm willing to cut them a little slack.

The hack is a big deal. They likely have to discard files going back to good backups before the hack. Depending on what the IT forensics reveal, that could be days, weeks, or even months worth of work. Plus they then have to implement new security measures to make sure it doesn't happen again. More security always means less access and slower work processes.

Is it possible the hack is a "the dog ate my homework" excuse? Sure, but it's a very plausible reason for a delay. If the 1.2 patch is as extensive as they hinted in this latest statement and goes smoothly, then I think there will be a lot of forgiveness for the delay. If it's a big dud like 1.1 was and introduces new problems, CDPR will need their asbestos underwear for all the heat they will get.

I've been hard on CDPR throughout this launch "situation", but in this case I'm willing to cut them a little slack.

The hack is a big deal. They likely have to discard files going back to good backups before the hack. Depending on what the IT forensics reveal, that could be days, weeks, or even months worth of work. Plus they then have to implement new security measures to make sure it doesn't happen again. More security always means less access and slower work processes.

Is it possible the hack is a "the dog ate my homework" excuse? Sure, but it's a very plausible reason for a delay. If the 1.2 patch is as extensive as they hinted in this latest statement and goes smoothly, then I think there will be a lot of forgiveness for the delay. If it's a big dud like 1.1 was and introduces new problems, CDPR will need their asbestos underwear for all the heat they will get.
Yeah this patch is really their last shot at saving themselves. Everything is riding on it so they need it to be spectacular.

You guys got time to post this update 😂 but not being bussy with the patch

Im getting tired of lose promises... Im refunding my game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom