Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you romance Panam or Judy you get a whole storyline that is deeply connected with the main quest line and you get a meaningful ending with them. They stuck us with River who didn't even have anything to do with the main storyline, I'm assuming just to say they did something.

And you consider that to be enough to make such grand and general statement?

Just so you know, she thoroughly enjoyed every romance available for different reasons and those were hardly her preferred parts of the game.

It's quite a leap you're making applying your personal opinion to every man and woman out there. Might want to dial that down.

No problem at all! I'm waiting for the game getting more stable before I start my second playthrough.

If you are waiting like I do, I'd highly advice to make a game list and play them while you're waiting.

If you romance Panam or Judy you get a whole storyline that is deeply connected with the main quest line and you get a meaningful ending with them. They stuck us with River who didn't even have anything to do with the main storyline, I'm assuming just to say they did something.
I like River and agree. He's so poorly integrated into the game/story that it's... I want to say laughable, but it's not. It's ridiculous. He really does feel like they were checking a box.

I'm a patient person but saying things like "take as much time as you need" to fix a broken product you purchased is just sad... Imagine saying this to a mechanic fixing a faulty car you bought from..

Every game developer, and quite a few other companies, has their loyalists and white-hats that no matter what they do, or how they do it, or what they say, will always defend them and in their mind the company can do no wrong. Look at Tesla and Apple. Why do you think Bethesda can put out Fallout 76 and survive. Want a bigger example, look at Bioware. Bioware has such a large amount on good will on their books, that they can put out a Mass Effect Andromeda and follow it up with Anthem, and people will still defend them.

CDPR is no different. They're build up such a degree of good will with the Witcher series, that to some people, CDPR can do no wrong. It's just human nature.
Post automatically merged:

You guys got time to post this update 😂 but not being bussy with the patch

Im getting tired of lose promises... Im refunding my game

Um... this post makes no sense. The PR department and the Management is totally separate from the developers themselves. They're not even closely related to each other. I get wanting to refund your game, but blaming it on posting an update that took them probably a minute to actually type in, by a group of people that aren't actually and never were even touching the patch, is a bit... off.

I like River and agree. He's so poorly integrated into the game/story that it's... I want to say laughable, but it's not. It's ridiculous. He really does feel like they were checking a box.
Ikr like if he wasn't the romance option I would like him probably but really I paid the same amount of money for this game as men I should not have to be locked out of same storyline and ending experience as they get.
Post automatically merged:

And you consider that to be enough to make such grand and general statement?

Just so you know, she thoroughly enjoyed every romance available for different reasons and those were hardly her preferred parts of the game.

It's quite a leap you're making applying your personal opinion to every man and woman out there. Might want to dial that down.
No I don't think I need to dial my opinion about this down, just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean there aren't plenty that do, and I have the right to express how I feel about it.

I have noticed that, in general, people seem to have no patience and in my opinion a situation such as what CDPR is going through as a result of the hack requires patience. Would I like the original patch release schedule be honored, yes. Do I believe that is a reasonable plan now, no.

The lack of communication as to what CDPR is working on for Patch 1.2, in my opinion, is understandable as this way if something does not make it into the patch that they stated MIGHT make it into the patch they cannot be tarred, feathered and set on fire for it when said item gets cut for valid reasons.

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Dear CDPR, I would take your expected postponing of patch 1.2 MUCH better if you did not ignored 1.12 release on Gefore NOW servers. A service where I decided invest further money to be able play reliably this game in days when I cannot use gaming PC. Version difference between GFN servers and PCs last now 3 weeks (and therefore is not on GFN possible use latest PCs saves), and you still have issue to relese for them 16Mb patch. If such tiny update needs so much time, then I think that I can uninstall your game with a clear conscience and forget that your company ever existed. To say, that I'm right now very unsatisfied customer is huge understatement.

Last edited:
There is a vast difference between saying "I think X" and acting as if X is a fact but whatever :shrug:
If you are trying to make me feel like this is just a matter of preference and they were fair to us, that would be incorrect. My view is not about preference, it's about intentionally disregarding female players. Your narrative about your wife doesn't make a difference to me. But thanks though.

Ikr like if he wasn't the romance option I would like him probably but really I paid the same amount of money for this game as men I should not have to be locked out of same storyline and ending experience as they get.

I hear what you're saying, River has some nice "family moments" but was not as big a portion of the game as Panam. Do consider that 80% of gamers are dudes, so that might have factored into the energy put into the characters.

Honestly, I find myself wishing a lot that the romance options didn't exist. I think people put too much energy into them, and they distract from the important elements of the game that need work like AI, interactivity, UI, etc.

I hear what you're saying, River has some nice "family moments" but was not as big a portion of the game as Panam. Do consider that 80% of gamers are dudes, so that might have factored into the energy put into the characters.

Honestly, I find myself wishing a lot that the romance options didn't exist. I think people put too much energy into them, and they distract from the important elements of the game that need work like AI, interactivity, UI, etc.
They could have replaced the romances with more content and I would have been fine with it, but they made so much of the game about the romances that they can't be removed without leaving a big hole in it.

There was no excuse to leave women with a less enjoyable product than men. I hope they learn better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom